Engineers work in a variety of areas, including civil construction, manufacturing, software, aerospace, and more. A great engineering resume reflects a high level of specialized knowledge as well as essential attributes any engineer should possess: attention to detail, problem-solving expertise, and effective teamwork. Your skills and work experience sections should also address the employer's preferences and requirements.
Incorporating all this information into one document can present a challenge. Our engineering resume templates show various methods you can adopt to select and organize everything you need employers to know. Our helpful tips add some key pointers to keep in mind as you compose your document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Engineering Experience
Engineers fulfill a wide range of duties. In addition to using their technical skills, they may also supervise a team, work with contractors, and manage projects. While you may want to focus primarily on your engineering experience, your work history and a use of action verbs should indicate your knowledge of other important aspects of the job. Our engineering resume templates offer guidance for what information to include and how to phrase it, such as mirroring the language used in the job ad.
• Use AutoCAD and other complex design software to plan projects and input specifications
• Calculate variables for project based on assessment of worksite, project requirements, and other relevant factors
• Supervise contractors and employees throughout the project
• Compose oral and written reports to management regarding current status and future projections
• Collaborate with specialists in other departments to ensure successful completion of each phase of the project
Engineering Resume Tips
Two engineering resumes can differ from one another, yet both can possess the same high quality employers look for. Here, you can browse a variety of engineering resume templates from professionals with various backgrounds, working in different fields. The following advice can help you bring your own resume to the same high level.
1. Personalize Your Engineering Resume: A great way to target your resume to a particular employer is to consult the job listing and incorporate the language it uses to describe requirements and preferences.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Get hiring managers to keep reading by providing an exciting, dynamic introduction that makes it clear why you would be an asset to this employer.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Specific details can paint an informative and convincing picture. Use action verbs, metrics, and professional successes to describe how your actions benefited your company.