To get the mechanical engineer job you want, you need to provide hiring managers with a compelling resume. This important document should show your understanding of mechanical processes and machinery and your ability to quickly and effectively perform numerous important tasks.
How do you craft such a resume? First, peruse our writing advice to learn how to present your previous work experience and tailor your text to the job you are pursuing. After that, take a look at our helpful mechanical engineer resume templates from actual professionals in your field for even more inspiration as you create your document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Mechanical Engineer Experience
Mechanical engineers must know how to perform a variety of technical tasks, so it is important to display your most relevant experience in your resume. Make sure you describe your past work with strong action verbs and phrases from the job advertisement. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and the following sample work descriptions for help with this:
• Supervise and assist with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical systems, equipment, and products
• Monitor operations of mechanical systems and implement modifications to improve efficiency and reduce risk of malfunctions
• Read technical drawings and blueprints accurately to ensure the competent design and production of new products
• Research, test, and develop new system procedures and equipment adjustments to conform to environmental regulations
• Work with other engineers, suppliers, and vendors to obtain cost-effective prototypes and parts for new machines
Mechanical Engineer Resume Tips
To get interviews and job offers, you need your resume to be as impressive as possible. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and this relevant resume sample to start creating a stellar document. Then use the advice below to make your content even stronger in just a few simple steps.
1. Personalize Your Mechanical Engineer Resume: Tailor your document to the job to which you are applying by looking for keywords and important phrases in the position's advertisement. Include these terms word for word in your text to intrigue prospective employers.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Encourage employers to consider your candidacy by detailing a few top proficiencies, achievements, and experiences in your summary. Focus this section on how you will benefit the company rather on than your own professional goals.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Write in your document succinct stories of previous responsibilities and accomplishments to show your various proficiencies in action. Such illustrations are memorable and can increase your chances of landing an interview.
Mechanical Engineer Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of mechanical engineer resume templates as you write your own document. These templates come from real-world jobseekers and can provide you with the guidance you need to construct an outstanding resume. For more assistance, tackle the process step by step with this professional resume builder.
- Mechanical Engineer Example 1
Sakshi Ajit Sinha Objective I have a passion for design. I am a designer of techniques and machine and from my graduation degree and my study and research in the field I have chosen to excel and thrive in the field of simulation and analysis. I w... more 2
- Mechanical Engineer Example 2
Daniel Max Collins Work historyMechanic – ( April-2012 – November-2012) JP Morgan Limo Service, Fort Myers , Florida (United States ) Maintain limo service vehicles, including monthly maintenance, and preparation for service.... more 3
- Mechanical Engineer Example 3
xtin land Education High School Diploma, College Prep Advanced Placement Greencastle-Antrim High School, 2000, Greencastle, PA (United States) General Education for High School, Took Advanced Placement Course Work for College Credits Bache... more 4
- Mechanical Engineer Example 4
xary lo Objective I’m a good hard working guy just looking for work, i don’t have a problem with filling in for people more work equals more pay for me. i am always reliable and good about stopping what i’m doing to help out.... more 5
- Mechanical Engineer Example 5
Pump mechanic (January 1st 2011 – Novemeber 21st 2013) Soults pump co., Tulare, CA, United States I worked on the tube rack disassembling the shaft and tube from the pump columns and replacing bearings and shafts and then reassemb... more 6
- Mechanical Engineer Example 6
Designer – Pettibone 1978 – 1981 // Ft. Worth (USA) Created drawings and design for the manufacture of fork lifts and road equipmentDesigner/ Engineer – Hydra-Rig 1981 – 1996 // Ft. Worth (USA) Created dra... more 7
- Mechanical Engineer Example 7
Trainee (1. june 2012 – 1. july 2012) Suez canal authority , Ismailia, ismailia, Egypt 1. repairing several type of machine 2. casting , welding , turning 3. operation of launching cracks Trainee (12. june 2013 – 28. jul... more 8
- Mechanical Engineer Example 8
draj xr Objective To be a part of an organization where I can fully utilize my skills and make a significant contribution to the success of the employer and at the same time my individual growth Education Narayanaguru college of Engineering... more 9
- Mechanical Engineer Example 9
Operating engineer – Gabriel India Ltd. (june-2015/august-2015) Parwanoo, Himachal Pradesh (India) Projection welding. Apperentice – CSIO CSIR (August-2015/april-2016) Chandigarh, Chandigarh (India) Ultra-precision mac... more 10
- Mechanical Engineer Example 10
ivasan ugam EducationAMRITA VISHWA VIDYAPEETHAM, 2016 AMRITAPURI, KERALA, INDIA MECHANICAL ENGINEERING, B.tech Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical EngineeringObjectiveTo seek a challenging job in a reputed organization and to u... more