To get the mechanical engineer job you want, you need to provide hiring managers with a compelling resume. This important document should show your understanding of mechanical processes and machinery and your ability to quickly and effectively perform numerous important tasks.
How do you craft such a resume? First, peruse our writing advice to learn how to present your previous work experience and tailor your text to the job you are pursuing. After that, take a look at our helpful mechanical engineer resume templates from actual professionals in your field for even more inspiration as you create your document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Mechanical Engineer Experience
Mechanical engineers must know how to perform a variety of technical tasks, so it is important to display your most relevant experience in your resume. Make sure you describe your past work with strong action verbs and phrases from the job advertisement. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and the following sample work descriptions for help with this:
• Supervise and assist with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical systems, equipment, and products
• Monitor operations of mechanical systems and implement modifications to improve efficiency and reduce risk of malfunctions
• Read technical drawings and blueprints accurately to ensure the competent design and production of new products
• Research, test, and develop new system procedures and equipment adjustments to conform to environmental regulations
• Work with other engineers, suppliers, and vendors to obtain cost-effective prototypes and parts for new machines
Mechanical Engineer Resume Tips
To get interviews and job offers, you need your resume to be as impressive as possible. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and this relevant resume sample to start creating a stellar document. Then use the advice below to make your content even stronger in just a few simple steps.
1. Personalize Your Mechanical Engineer Resume: Tailor your document to the job to which you are applying by looking for keywords and important phrases in the position's advertisement. Include these terms word for word in your text to intrigue prospective employers.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Encourage employers to consider your candidacy by detailing a few top proficiencies, achievements, and experiences in your summary. Focus this section on how you will benefit the company rather on than your own professional goals.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Write in your document succinct stories of previous responsibilities and accomplishments to show your various proficiencies in action. Such illustrations are memorable and can increase your chances of landing an interview.
Mechanical Engineer Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of mechanical engineer resume templates as you write your own document. These templates come from real-world jobseekers and can provide you with the guidance you need to construct an outstanding resume. For more assistance, tackle the process step by step with this professional resume builder.
- Mechanical Engineer Example 21
Matthew Lowe Education Commack High School, Commack, New York Advanced Regents Diploma/IB Diploma, New York State Educational Program/IB Program, 2015 Attended four years of schooling at Commack High School. An Advanced Regents Diploma was receive... more 22
- Mechanical Engineer Example 22
SUPERVISOR (QA/QC-PIPING/NDT) – TEXCEL ENGINEERS PVT.LTD. 21.01.2014 – 27.08.2016 // CHANDRAPUR (India) Interpretation of the intent & ensuring the requirement of Codes,Standards & Specifications are met.SUPER... more 23
- Mechanical Engineer Example 23
if ik Education University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, May 2016, MinneapolisMinnesota, United States Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor’s Degree Third year student seeking a Bachelor’s in Mechanical Engineer, with an inten... more 24
- Mechanical Engineer Example 24
Mechanic 2017- April 2020 Earned a reputation as a talented mechanic . Developed excellent repairing and maintaining, completing all projects on time and to specifications. Handled mechanical assignments that involved installing, re... more 25
- Mechanical Engineer Example 25
NCAA Student Athlete – University of Southern Indiana 06/05/2016 – ———– // Evansville (United States) Learn and execute the policies governed by the NCAA. Managed my education and 30+ hours a week of... more 26
- Mechanical Engineer Example 26
Residential Computing Center Lab Consultant (May 2015 – Present)Residential Computing Center, Stony Brook, New York, United States Check in and check out students, Helping students in Printing and scanning and other computer rel... more 27
- Mechanical Engineer Example 27
Travis McIntyre Jr. EducationTracy High School – 2016 Tracy, California, United States STEM, N/A A current high school student at Tracy High with a 4.0 GPA, social skills, patience, and a will to get the job done rightAccomplishment... more 28
- Mechanical Engineer Example 28
Preventive Maintenance – Clanton Small Engines (March 17, 2016/August 2, 2016) Clanton, AL (United States) I maintained the shop cleanliness , serviced engines, and cleaned shop after shift. Preventive Maintenance on small engine... more 29
- Mechanical Engineer Example 29
Game-Day Concessions – ( September 2015 – November 2015) Resident Housing Association, Moscow, Idaho (ID) (United States) Volunteered for concessions during home football games.Lube Technician – ( November 2014 &... more 30
- Mechanical Engineer Example 30
Baby sitting – ( 2012 – 2014) child care, Philadelphia, Pa (USA) I baby sit on the weekends for my aunt and my uncle . But is currently looking for a job experience .Accomplishments Worked with management, staff and vo... more