To get the mechanical engineer job you want, you need to provide hiring managers with a compelling resume. This important document should show your understanding of mechanical processes and machinery and your ability to quickly and effectively perform numerous important tasks.
How do you craft such a resume? First, peruse our writing advice to learn how to present your previous work experience and tailor your text to the job you are pursuing. After that, take a look at our helpful mechanical engineer resume templates from actual professionals in your field for even more inspiration as you create your document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Mechanical Engineer Experience
Mechanical engineers must know how to perform a variety of technical tasks, so it is important to display your most relevant experience in your resume. Make sure you describe your past work with strong action verbs and phrases from the job advertisement. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and the following sample work descriptions for help with this:
• Supervise and assist with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical systems, equipment, and products
• Monitor operations of mechanical systems and implement modifications to improve efficiency and reduce risk of malfunctions
• Read technical drawings and blueprints accurately to ensure the competent design and production of new products
• Research, test, and develop new system procedures and equipment adjustments to conform to environmental regulations
• Work with other engineers, suppliers, and vendors to obtain cost-effective prototypes and parts for new machines
Mechanical Engineer Resume Tips
To get interviews and job offers, you need your resume to be as impressive as possible. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and this relevant resume sample to start creating a stellar document. Then use the advice below to make your content even stronger in just a few simple steps.
1. Personalize Your Mechanical Engineer Resume: Tailor your document to the job to which you are applying by looking for keywords and important phrases in the position's advertisement. Include these terms word for word in your text to intrigue prospective employers.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Encourage employers to consider your candidacy by detailing a few top proficiencies, achievements, and experiences in your summary. Focus this section on how you will benefit the company rather on than your own professional goals.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Write in your document succinct stories of previous responsibilities and accomplishments to show your various proficiencies in action. Such illustrations are memorable and can increase your chances of landing an interview.
Mechanical Engineer Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of mechanical engineer resume templates as you write your own document. These templates come from real-world jobseekers and can provide you with the guidance you need to construct an outstanding resume. For more assistance, tackle the process step by step with this professional resume builder.
- Mechanical Engineer Example 31
in welding inspections, establish welding requirements against specifications for entire projects, welding procedure qualification, and review of WPS and welder qualifications, monitoring welder performance, heat treatment activities and i... more 32
- Mechanical Engineer Example 32
Internship Student (Engineering), May 2012 – Aug 2012 Malaysian Nuclear Agency (Nuclear Malaysia), Bangi, Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia At Block 20. Department of Nuclear Power Division. Triga Mark II Reactor (RTP) 1MW-3MW Title: Prep... more 33
- Mechanical Engineer Example 33
INTERSHIP IN OCL INDIA LTD (REFACTORY WORKS) (1 MAY 2014 – 1 JUNE 2014)OCL INDIA LTD, RAJGANGPUR, ODISHA, INDIA Directed experimental and operational stress of refactory briks and different types of press systems.Education ... more 34
- Mechanical Engineer Example 34
ARPIT SARAWGI EducationMAHARISHI VIDHYA MANDIR-2 – 2013 JABALPUR, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA MATHS SCIENCE, 12 PASSED FROM CBSE PERCENTAGE 82.4INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY, DEVI AHILYA VISHWA VIDHYALAYA – BE 2ND YEAR ... more 35
- Mechanical Engineer Example 35
Sagar Maske Objective To work in a professional organization under a challenging working environment for all round Exposure of todays competitive market & for a better growth. Han Education Late Vasntdada Polytechnic Collage Of Engineer... more 36
- Mechanical Engineer Example 36
Assistant – Steyvistar automobile limited (11/04/2016/12/10/2016) FCT, Abuja (Nigeria) I worked/volunteered at an automobile workshop for about a month after my graduation. Where I was an assistant to a few automobile and mechanic... more 37
- Mechanical Engineer Example 37
1781 – 1792 / Watt Coporation, Birmingham, England Owner Managed workers in charge of elaborate drawings and instruction documents. Presented information and documents about design, materials, equipment, costs, and fulfillment terms... more 38
- Mechanical Engineer Example 38
xiel xert.D Objective Desire to work in an organization that uses the best of my knowledge, talent, hard work, dedication and sincerity in a well manner and gives me a career rather than a job. Education Carmel Garden Matriculation Higher Se... more 39
- Mechanical Engineer Example 39
MANAGER (17/4/2007 – 25/10/2015)HINDUSTAN AERONAUTICS LIMITED, KANPUR, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA Planning activities of Raw material and Consumables for Series production of IJT Aircraft (Intermediate Jet Trainer-for 80 sets of total... more 40
- Mechanical Engineer Example 40
hosh kumar luri Education Govt polytechnic repalle, guntur district, repalle, Andhra pradesh Diloma, Dploma in mechanical engineering, 2010 – 2013 Diploma in mechanical engineering with 81% (Regular mode) at Govt Polytechnic repalle,... more