To get the mechanical engineer job you want, you need to provide hiring managers with a compelling resume. This important document should show your understanding of mechanical processes and machinery and your ability to quickly and effectively perform numerous important tasks.
How do you craft such a resume? First, peruse our writing advice to learn how to present your previous work experience and tailor your text to the job you are pursuing. After that, take a look at our helpful mechanical engineer resume templates from actual professionals in your field for even more inspiration as you create your document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Mechanical Engineer Experience
Mechanical engineers must know how to perform a variety of technical tasks, so it is important to display your most relevant experience in your resume. Make sure you describe your past work with strong action verbs and phrases from the job advertisement. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and the following sample work descriptions for help with this:
• Supervise and assist with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical systems, equipment, and products
• Monitor operations of mechanical systems and implement modifications to improve efficiency and reduce risk of malfunctions
• Read technical drawings and blueprints accurately to ensure the competent design and production of new products
• Research, test, and develop new system procedures and equipment adjustments to conform to environmental regulations
• Work with other engineers, suppliers, and vendors to obtain cost-effective prototypes and parts for new machines
Mechanical Engineer Resume Tips
To get interviews and job offers, you need your resume to be as impressive as possible. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and this relevant resume sample to start creating a stellar document. Then use the advice below to make your content even stronger in just a few simple steps.
1. Personalize Your Mechanical Engineer Resume: Tailor your document to the job to which you are applying by looking for keywords and important phrases in the position's advertisement. Include these terms word for word in your text to intrigue prospective employers.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Encourage employers to consider your candidacy by detailing a few top proficiencies, achievements, and experiences in your summary. Focus this section on how you will benefit the company rather on than your own professional goals.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Write in your document succinct stories of previous responsibilities and accomplishments to show your various proficiencies in action. Such illustrations are memorable and can increase your chances of landing an interview.
Mechanical Engineer Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of mechanical engineer resume templates as you write your own document. These templates come from real-world jobseekers and can provide you with the guidance you need to construct an outstanding resume. For more assistance, tackle the process step by step with this professional resume builder.
- Mechanical Engineer Example 41
Luis Aguero Objective To obtain an entry level drafting position and to continue in personal and professional growth, where my positive attitude, integrity and strong desire to succeed will contribute to the companys success. Education Asso... more 42
- Mechanical Engineer Example 42
NVH Technologist – ( 2009 – Current) Roush Contract, Dearbon, Michigan (USA) ¢ Instrument vehicles as needed based on testing requirements ¢ Safely Install vehicles in dynamometer test cells/portable test rigs ¢... more 43
- Mechanical Engineer Example 43
xoth ul Areas of expertiseFIRE PRODUCTION DESIGN ENGINEER., 2 (2)SERVICE ADVISOR , 2 (2)SERVICE TECHNICIAN , 1 (1)QUANTITY SURVEYOR AND ESTIMATION ENGINEER , 1 (1) 6 YEAR DRAFTSMAN – MEP (25-03-2017/1-07-2017) ... more 44
- Mechanical Engineer Example 44
Dennis Carr EducationMississippi State University – 2012 Starkville, Ms, USA Industrial Technology, Incomplete (36 Credits Earned)Itawamba Community College – 2010 Tupelo, Ms, USA Tool & Die Technology , Associate ... more 45
- Mechanical Engineer Example 45
Adam Dash EducationThomas McKean High School – 2008 Wilmington, Delaware Wood Shop, High School Diploma Basic High School SkillsWork historyTechnician – ( April, 2015 – Present) Jiffy Lube, Wilmington , Delaware Gr... more 46
- Mechanical Engineer Example 46
rth xhatti Objective To be A fresher Mechanical engineer seeking a challenging & rewarding opportunity in an organization of repute which recognizes & utilizes my true potential while nurturing my analytical & technical skills... more 47
- Mechanical Engineer Example 47
Facilities Maintenance Engineer (February 2010 – September 2013)Occidental Petroleum, Long Beach, CA, USA Design and work with tanks, vessels, compressors, pumps, piping, power distribution and computer controls, including makin... more 48
- Mechanical Engineer Example 48
Amir Darabi EducationGeorgia Institute of Technology – 2018 Atlanta, GA, USA Mechanical Engineering, P.h.D Designing nonlinear energy sinks to absorb the vibrational energy of structure-borne and non-reciprocal materials Studying nonli... more 49
- Mechanical Engineer Example 49
Manager – ( 2020 – 2021) Advance Auto Parts, Randleman, North Carolina (USA) Kept clients informed about software system design and gave support. Revised current software to amend errors, adapted it to new hardware and ame... more 50
- Mechanical Engineer Example 50
: 2015-2016, The Foundation For Youth- Columbus, IN -I have had a job working for the FFY doing score for basketball games. It’s a stressful job that shows I can work under pressure. I also watch parties to make sure that they don... more