To get the mechanical engineer job you want, you need to provide hiring managers with a compelling resume. This important document should show your understanding of mechanical processes and machinery and your ability to quickly and effectively perform numerous important tasks.
How do you craft such a resume? First, peruse our writing advice to learn how to present your previous work experience and tailor your text to the job you are pursuing. After that, take a look at our helpful mechanical engineer resume templates from actual professionals in your field for even more inspiration as you create your document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Mechanical Engineer Experience
Mechanical engineers must know how to perform a variety of technical tasks, so it is important to display your most relevant experience in your resume. Make sure you describe your past work with strong action verbs and phrases from the job advertisement. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and the following sample work descriptions for help with this:
• Supervise and assist with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical systems, equipment, and products
• Monitor operations of mechanical systems and implement modifications to improve efficiency and reduce risk of malfunctions
• Read technical drawings and blueprints accurately to ensure the competent design and production of new products
• Research, test, and develop new system procedures and equipment adjustments to conform to environmental regulations
• Work with other engineers, suppliers, and vendors to obtain cost-effective prototypes and parts for new machines
Mechanical Engineer Resume Tips
To get interviews and job offers, you need your resume to be as impressive as possible. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and this relevant resume sample to start creating a stellar document. Then use the advice below to make your content even stronger in just a few simple steps.
1. Personalize Your Mechanical Engineer Resume: Tailor your document to the job to which you are applying by looking for keywords and important phrases in the position's advertisement. Include these terms word for word in your text to intrigue prospective employers.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Encourage employers to consider your candidacy by detailing a few top proficiencies, achievements, and experiences in your summary. Focus this section on how you will benefit the company rather on than your own professional goals.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Write in your document succinct stories of previous responsibilities and accomplishments to show your various proficiencies in action. Such illustrations are memorable and can increase your chances of landing an interview.
Mechanical Engineer Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of mechanical engineer resume templates as you write your own document. These templates come from real-world jobseekers and can provide you with the guidance you need to construct an outstanding resume. For more assistance, tackle the process step by step with this professional resume builder.
- Mechanical Engineer Example 61
Background contacting vendors and clients in a professional manner via phone or email Worked as part of a team in multiple positions in a professional and non-professional setting. Maintained a high GPA while attending private school, tak... more 62
- Mechanical Engineer Example 62
: G-Code, 5-6 Spindle Multispindle Lathes, Presses Work history Screw Machining and Forming Process Engineer (September 2014 – Present)SPS Technologies, Jenkintown, PA I did more stuffCo-op Engineering Experience Engineering... more 63
- Mechanical Engineer Example 63
Designer – Piltover Technologies January 2017 – Currently Working // Jaipur (India) Designed dental prosthetic for biomedical purposes. Designed different prototypes for 3-D printing.EducationB.Tech – Mechanical... more 64
- Mechanical Engineer Example 64
d in production scheduling Knowledgeable of quality control standards Welding safety precautions Knowledge of 5S methodologyEducationDr. MGR University, 2013 Chennai, Tamilnadu, India Mechanical Engineering, B.Tech Bachelor’s De... more 65
- Mechanical Engineer Example 65
Lucas J. King Objective My goal is to higher my education and work experince so that i may one day work in the engineering field. I would like to design new and improved fuel efficient engines. Education Lapeer West High School, 2014, LapeerM... more 66
- Mechanical Engineer Example 66
Maintenance Engineer (August 2008 – December 2008)R.S Wind, Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu, India ¢ Periodic maintenance like gear box check up, fasting nut bolts, etc.Quality Control (January 2009 – April 2012)Precision... more 67
- Mechanical Engineer Example 67
Abhishek Kumar Singh Education Mechanical Engineering – Persuing B.TECH. KCCITM, 2018, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh (India) I am a forward thinking mechanical engineer. Good in machining, adhesive bonding, brazing, soldering,welding ... more 68
- Mechanical Engineer Example 68
HVAC Service Technician – ( June 1999 – July 2001) Boehmer Heating & Cooling, Pittsburgh, PA (United States) Maintained & serviced all residential & commercial equipment. Serviced standard & high efficie... more 69
- Mechanical Engineer Example 69
PROJECT MANAGER (2/7/2013 – Till date) WIBRO CONSTRUCTION PVT.LTD., PANJIM, GOA, INDIA Elaborated contracts and other documents for contractors. Established layout of projects. Presented information and documents about design, mat... more 70
- Mechanical Engineer Example 70
graduate engineer trainee – keventer agro ltd. – (15 may 2015/till date) barasat, west bengal, india Supervised production data, and planned modifications to improve production. maintains safe and clean work environment by e... more