To get the mechanical engineer job you want, you need to provide hiring managers with a compelling resume. This important document should show your understanding of mechanical processes and machinery and your ability to quickly and effectively perform numerous important tasks.
How do you craft such a resume? First, peruse our writing advice to learn how to present your previous work experience and tailor your text to the job you are pursuing. After that, take a look at our helpful mechanical engineer resume templates from actual professionals in your field for even more inspiration as you create your document.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Mechanical Engineer Experience
Mechanical engineers must know how to perform a variety of technical tasks, so it is important to display your most relevant experience in your resume. Make sure you describe your past work with strong action verbs and phrases from the job advertisement. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and the following sample work descriptions for help with this:
• Supervise and assist with installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of mechanical systems, equipment, and products
• Monitor operations of mechanical systems and implement modifications to improve efficiency and reduce risk of malfunctions
• Read technical drawings and blueprints accurately to ensure the competent design and production of new products
• Research, test, and develop new system procedures and equipment adjustments to conform to environmental regulations
• Work with other engineers, suppliers, and vendors to obtain cost-effective prototypes and parts for new machines
Mechanical Engineer Resume Tips
To get interviews and job offers, you need your resume to be as impressive as possible. Use our mechanical engineer resume templates and this relevant resume sample to start creating a stellar document. Then use the advice below to make your content even stronger in just a few simple steps.
1. Personalize Your Mechanical Engineer Resume: Tailor your document to the job to which you are applying by looking for keywords and important phrases in the position's advertisement. Include these terms word for word in your text to intrigue prospective employers.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Encourage employers to consider your candidacy by detailing a few top proficiencies, achievements, and experiences in your summary. Focus this section on how you will benefit the company rather on than your own professional goals.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Write in your document succinct stories of previous responsibilities and accomplishments to show your various proficiencies in action. Such illustrations are memorable and can increase your chances of landing an interview.
Mechanical Engineer Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of mechanical engineer resume templates as you write your own document. These templates come from real-world jobseekers and can provide you with the guidance you need to construct an outstanding resume. For more assistance, tackle the process step by step with this professional resume builder.
- Mechanical Engineer Example 71
Niagara College, Welland, Ontario September 2011 – Current : Student Participating in class as well as lab activities. (Operating Grinders, Lathes etc.) Work history Jordan Service Esso Station, Jordan, Ontario 2009 – Presen... more 72
- Mechanical Engineer Example 72
Zeno Paul Tigga Objective To work with maximum potential in a challenging and dynamic environment, with an opportunity of working with diverse group of people and enhancing my professional skills with learning and experience for career growth Ed... more 73
- Mechanical Engineer Example 73
Patrick Twardowski EducationBrookdale Community College – 2015 Lincroft, NJ – New Jersey, United States Mechanical Engineering, Associate Associate in Mechanical EngineeringNJIT – May 2017 Newark, NJ, USA Mechanical ... more 74
- Mechanical Engineer Example 74
Manager (10/2008 – Present )Valvoline Instant Oil Change , Kannapolis , North Carolina , United States As a manager for Valvoline Instant Oil Change I am in charge of upkeep of the shop, inventory, pay roll, and scheduling for ... more 75
- Mechanical Engineer Example 75
Public Controller, 08/02/2015 – 10/02/2015 Transformation Nepal, Kathmandu, Bagmati, Nepal In charge of controlling public. Responsible to distribute sample of anti drug medicines to public. Managed traffic of public as well as con... more 76
- Mechanical Engineer Example 76
Christian Mendoza Rueda EducationUC Merced – 2018 Merced, CA, USA Mechanical Engineer, Bachelor Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical EngineeringMt. Pleasant High School – 2014 San Jose, California, USA High School Diploma,... more 77
- Mechanical Engineer Example 77
Plant Engineer (06/07/2014 – 31/08/2015)Marmul Contracting & Trading Company LLC., Muscat, Wadi Bani Omar, Sultanate of Oman Roles: 1. In charge of Mechanical workshop 2. Maintenance and Service of Automobiles (Tippers, Pic... more 78
- Mechanical Engineer Example 78
Jonah Rankin Skills Good with working with people, if people say I cant so some thing I will do it, People oriented, hard working, organized, I have been working in the Engineering business for 15 years years Work historyEngineering –... more 79
- Mechanical Engineer Example 79
TEAM MEMBER (01/11/2011 – 21/08/2013)ANDRITZ HYDRO PVT LTD, PALWAL, HARYANA, INDIA WORKED as Erection Engineer in Erection of Sawrakuddu HEP(111 MW) in shimlaASSISTANT ENGINEER (22/06/2010 – 23/10/2011)GO GOAL HYDRO ... more 80
- Mechanical Engineer Example 80
Process Engineer – ( January 3rd, 2011 – Current) Wieland Copper Products, Pine Hall, NC (USA) Responsible for process improvement and development for copper tube manufacturing. Focuses included machine reliability (greasin... more