You have an average of six seconds to impress a hiring manager with your resume. Is yours up to the task? Write a strong document that makes you look good by studying our product design and engineering resume templates. These examples come from real-world jobseekers like you who know the importance of presenting a powerful image for a successful job search.
Read more about what goes into a good resume and how to format it. Then, continue on with our resume templates for industry-specific examples of what to include and what to leave out.
Free Engineering Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional engineering resumes.
How To Mention Your Product Design and Engineering Experience
It's not enough to have a good work history, you need to know how to present it in a way that impresses hiring managers. As shown by our product design and engineering resume templates, use strong action words that pack a punch. You can also scan the job listing for keywords that you should include. Here are some great examples:
• Create 3D models and drawings of concepts and projects for production purposes and stakeholders' reports
• Collaborate with marketing, sales, other engineers, and customers to understand and define project parameters
• Improve and standardize document control processes, and keep and maintain records in company database
• Ensure product meets quality and safety protocols and efficiently utilizes materials, methods, and personnel
• Analyze reports and test data to ascertain if design meets performance, safety, and functional specifications
Product Design and Engineering Resume Tips
By using our product design and engineering resume templates as a starting point, you have already made significant progress toward a successful job search. Continue to hone each section by using concise statements that reflect achievements and accomplishments. In addition, pay attention to the following tips:
1. Personalize Your Product Design and Engineering Resume: You likely have a wide variety of work experience. Focus on the experience that most closely relates to the job description, and do this for each position to which you apply, tailoring your work history to the job.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This statement will be the first thing the hiring manager sees. Make it compelling by mentioning who you are, what you do, and what you are passionate about.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: If you have numbers, include them. For example, if you established testing procedures that improved product quality by 21%, mention it in a bullet point in your work history.
Product Design and Engineering Resume Templates
To help your resume be the best it can be, check out our product design and engineering resume templates. Written by professionals who understand your industry, they are full of ideas. If you want additional help, go to our partners at My Perfect Resume and give their resume builder a try.
- Product Design And Engineering Example 1
Wire Harness Design Engineer, Dec 2012 – Present Lumenance LLC, Dublin, Ohio, USA Design and development of electronic sub-systems, design of wire harnesses, mounting brackets, packaging of ECUs and modules, starting and charging s... more 2
- Product Design And Engineering Example 2
Lawn Care Worker – ( May 2004 – November 2010) Bara Grounds Maintenance , Findlay, Ohio (USA) My duties were to mow lawns, trim edges, and clean off driveways and sidewalks.Concession Worker – ( October 2009 ... more 3
- Product Design And Engineering Example 3
Deputy Manager, 26.11.2007 – Present BHARAT ELECTRONICS Ltd., Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh, India I work to Design and engineering for the System level, node level & modules level for the C4I projects of Indian Navy. It includes A... more 4
- Product Design And Engineering Example 4
Hardik Panchal Objective To Seek Employment in a World Class Organization Which Can Provide Challenging And Enjoyable Opportunities Where I Can Utilize My Knowledge, Hone My Skills And Grow Exponentially, Being an Asset To The Company. LEARNT IN ... more 5
- Product Design And Engineering Example 5
02-01-2012 – To Present / Ford Technology Services India, Chennai, TamilNadu CAE Engineer(Contract) Technical Responsibilities: ?? Client interaction and team handling. ?? Finite element model build of various clients such as FORD,... more 6
- Product Design And Engineering Example 6
Trainee CAD Engineer (July 2012 – Present)Adroitec Information Systems Pvt. Ltd., Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India ?? Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipments, dies, tools, controls, using compu... more 7
- Product Design And Engineering Example 7
Crew Member – Burger King (February 12th, 2015/Current) North Providence, Rhode Island (United States) A Burger King team member assumes several roles. Primarily working as a fast food cashier, Burger King team members also act as... more 8
- Product Design And Engineering Example 8
Material Damage Claims Professional, March 2007 – Present Nationwide Insurance, Manassas, Virginia, USA Performed field inspections and estimated repair costs of damaged vehicles. Evaluated accident scenes and vehicle damages to de... more 9
- Product Design And Engineering Example 9
Senior Engineer Dynamic Systems Modeling (July 2016 – Current)John Deere, Global Crop Harvesting, Ankeny, IA, USA i modeled complex hydraulic and mechanical systems Helped trouble-shoot ATC model problems to help new EEG lead t... more 10
- Product Design And Engineering Example 10
Jack Cipro EducationRochester Institute of Technology – 2018 Rochester, New York, United States Packaging Science, BS in Packaging Science Bachelor’s Degree in Packaging ScienceAwards Recipient of the American Chemical Societ... more