As a new jobseeker, you cannot underestimate how important your resume is. This document needs to explain your abilities, describe your work experience, inspire confidence that you can work quickly and effectively, and appeal to each hiring manager specifically. Our costuming resume templates can help you create the kind of resume to help you land a costuming position specifically.
Remember that the hiring manager is always going to look at your resume alongside dozens of others. If there is nothing that makes your resume stand out, there is no reason to expect the employer to remember you specifically.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Costuming Experience
One of the most important parts of your resume is the experience section. You may not realize, however, that the way you write this information is nearly as important as the information itself. Be sure to check our costuming resume templates to see the best way to get started. In particular, you need to focus on including strong action verbs and any language used in the job listing.
• Design and construct all costumes, including wigs and makeup, to match character design under director's guidance
• Maintain current knowledge of costume history and theory, as well as developing costume techniques and practices
• Manage all costumes, ensuring those required for a particular day of shooting are present and ready
• Work with actors to ensure costumes fit correctly and look right when worn, taking camera angles and lighting into consideration
• Maintain records of costume design spending, producing all appropriate costumes without going over budget
Costuming Resume Tips
Our costuming resume templates is a good place to start with putting your resume together. Of course, there are a few other aspects you need to know that may not be immediately clear just from reviewing our finished template. Be sure to also implement these additional steps when writing your resume.
1. Personalize Your Costuming Resume: Always take a close look at the job description. You can completely personalize your resume by implementing the same language and skills as the job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The opening section is what determines the first impression employers have of you. This should be your summary statement. Be sure to focus on making this section as strong as possible.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: An easy way to strengthen and add credibility to your resume is by using real examples from your work experiences. This also lets you emphasize certain professional qualities.