It is not an easy task to land an editing job. Hiring managers and producers only want to hire editors who can work quickly, professionally, and effectively. Your resume is your best tool for communicating all these aspects about yourself.
Of course, it is not easy to put together a truly impressive and eye-catching resume, either. Before you begin writing, you need to know how you will format the document as well as what information to include. Our editing resume template can help. Follow its example to learn what you should do with your own resume.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Editing Experience
If you have done any resume research, you probably know that the experience section is one of the most important sections in the document, or possibly even the most important. Of course, getting this section right means getting the format right just as much as the content. As you see on our editing resume templates, you should include strong action verbs and mirror the language of the job description.
• Use editing software and equipment standard to the film industry to make changes to footage
• Cut, color-correct, arrange, and crop footage to produce finished sequences ready for review and revision
• Engineer audio, synchronizing ADR audio to video, and add sound effects and filters to produce a finished audio track
• Maintain current knowledge of new and developing editing techniques, technologies, processes, and standards in the field
• Review finished footage in depth to spot and fix any errors, continuity mistakes, or unclear transitions
Editing Resume Tips
A great place to start planning your resume is our editing resume templates. If you want to land a job as an editor, you need to have a truly standout document. Following these steps will help you strengthen your resume as much as possible and create a more effective document.
1. Personalize Your Editing Resume: The key to personalizing your resume is reviewing the job description carefully. This reveals specific skills and language you can implement in your own document to appeal to each hiring manager specifically.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Spend a lot of time perfecting your summary statement. As the first section in your resume, it is important to make a strong first impression with employers.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Your resume should always include real examples from your professional experience. In addition to strengthening the document, it also makes the information much more credible.
Editing Resume Templates
One of the best tools you have to make your resume as strong as possible is our editing resume templates. There are even more tools to help with this process. You should consider using this helpful resume builder, especially if you are still not sure where to begin after reviewing our resume samples.
- Editing Example 1
Photographer, August 2016 – November 2016 The Houstonian, Huntsville, Tx () Actively capturing moments in time for use in Sam Houston State University student newspaper. Global Ambassador, January 2015 – November 2016 Semes... more 2
- Editing Example 2
Marketing Coordinator, 2007 – 2010 The Intelligence Group, Los Angeles, California, United States Senior Writer for The Cassandra Report, a quarterly Gen X/Y/Z lifestyle trend report; and, Trend Central, an opt-in subscriber based ... more 3
- Editing Example 3
Cinematographer, Editor, Director (February 2014 – February 2015)University of Nebraska at Omaha, Omaha, NE, U.S.A. Collaborated with agents and creative artists. Arranged and organized different events and exhibitions to promot... more 4
- Editing Example 4
COPYWRITER, MEDIA CONTACT – Marketing Golf Channel / GolfNow.com, PORTLAND OR, USA Wrote press releases, user stories, case studies and marketing materials. Created and updated all website copy. Managed daily blog copy for both... more 5
- Editing Example 5
Senior Proofreader – ( 2011 – 2012) Loducca Publicidade Ltda,, SÃ£o Paulo, SÃ£o Paulo (Brazil) Proofreading and editing of ads. Helped other employees to achieve production deadlines.Senior Proofreader – ( 19... more 6
- Editing Example 6
The Jerusalem Post, Jerusalem, Israel Intern, June – Aug 2015 – Conducted interviews – Produced original content – Delivered on a high-pressure deadline – Served as an editor Independent Contractor, Clevel... more 7
- Editing Example 7
Marketing Assistent – ( 2000 – 2001) StegTour Russland Reisen, Cologne, NRW (Germany) Arranged contract terms, prices and revisions. Served as the client principal point of contact for different campaigns. Directed corpora... more 8
- Editing Example 8
Contractor – ( 2014 – Present) Fredericksburg Digital Video, Kerrville, Texas (USA) I assist the Fredericksburg Digital Video team on numerous occasions as an event videographer/editor.Event Videographer – ( June ... more 9
- Editing Example 9
edes ardt Education and Training Sun Prairie High School, 2017, Sun PrairieWisconsin, United States General studies, Still enrolled Student at Sun Prairie High School, graduating class of 2017Work history Production Specialist (Au... more 10
- Editing Example 10
Business Development Writer – CBRE (9/13/Present) Newport Beach , CA (USA) -Created compelling written proposals and presentations for new business development -Collaborated with design team for visually stimulating deliverables -... more