It is not an easy task to land an editing job. Hiring managers and producers only want to hire editors who can work quickly, professionally, and effectively. Your resume is your best tool for communicating all these aspects about yourself.
Of course, it is not easy to put together a truly impressive and eye-catching resume, either. Before you begin writing, you need to know how you will format the document as well as what information to include. Our editing resume template can help. Follow its example to learn what you should do with your own resume.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Editing Experience
If you have done any resume research, you probably know that the experience section is one of the most important sections in the document, or possibly even the most important. Of course, getting this section right means getting the format right just as much as the content. As you see on our editing resume templates, you should include strong action verbs and mirror the language of the job description.
• Use editing software and equipment standard to the film industry to make changes to footage
• Cut, color-correct, arrange, and crop footage to produce finished sequences ready for review and revision
• Engineer audio, synchronizing ADR audio to video, and add sound effects and filters to produce a finished audio track
• Maintain current knowledge of new and developing editing techniques, technologies, processes, and standards in the field
• Review finished footage in depth to spot and fix any errors, continuity mistakes, or unclear transitions
Editing Resume Tips
A great place to start planning your resume is our editing resume templates. If you want to land a job as an editor, you need to have a truly standout document. Following these steps will help you strengthen your resume as much as possible and create a more effective document.
1. Personalize Your Editing Resume: The key to personalizing your resume is reviewing the job description carefully. This reveals specific skills and language you can implement in your own document to appeal to each hiring manager specifically.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Spend a lot of time perfecting your summary statement. As the first section in your resume, it is important to make a strong first impression with employers.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Your resume should always include real examples from your professional experience. In addition to strengthening the document, it also makes the information much more credible.
Editing Resume Templates
One of the best tools you have to make your resume as strong as possible is our editing resume templates. There are even more tools to help with this process. You should consider using this helpful resume builder, especially if you are still not sure where to begin after reviewing our resume samples.
- Editing Example 11
On-air Host/DJ (4/2012 – 2/2014) Progressive Broadcast Systemsn, Elkhart, IN, USA 2012 – News Reader. Recorded multiple local and regional news updates for the Weekly Morning Show team. 2013-2014 – DJ. Coordinated all... more 12
- Editing Example 12
Joshua McCoy Education and TrainingUniversity of Nevada – 2017 Reno, Nevada, United States Philosophy, BA My experiences at the University of Nevada have developed me as a person not only by assisting me on my search for the answers to... more 13
- Editing Example 13
Creative Writer (November 2011 – June 2012)Groupon Norway, Oslo, Oslo, Norway Writing precise, transparent deal content for a variety of categories, while adhering to the inhouse style. Ensuring deal descriptions clearly communi... more 14
- Editing Example 14
Senior Editor (2009 – 2012) Diablo Heat, Mission Viejo, California Arranged preproduction of a television news magazine. Shooting and editing segments. Dealt with different tasks such as the creation of an idea for series, to the ... more 15
- Editing Example 15
lica xcht Education and Training Bachelor of Science, Interdisciplinary Studies University of Houston Downtown, 2012, Houston, TX (USA) Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies Concentration in English Literature Associate of Appl... more 16
- Editing Example 16
Freelance Content Writer and Developer, Ghost Writer (August 2014 – February 2015)Geek Online, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India Was responsible for content related to technological niches. Reviews on contemporary technological-rela... more 17
- Editing Example 17
xon xler Objective My objective is to receive hands-on experience editing pieces in a professional setting before I graduate. Summary I’ve been deeply interested in Video Editing since I was in Middle School. Before my enrollment in Chat... more 18
- Editing Example 18
Railroad Locomotive Engineer – ( 2007 – Present) Union Pacific Railroad, Seattle, WA Federal Railroad Admin. Class I licensed locomotive engineer. Operated diverse railroad locomotive equipment. Responsible for the safe o... more 19
- Editing Example 19
intern – Chrysler 5/15/2015 – 6/31/2015 // Shanghai (China) worked as the assistant of the sales manager.EducationBachelor degree of applied mathematics – Applied Mathematics (2018) Syracuse University – ... more 20
- Editing Example 20
Account Manager – ( September 2015 – Current) Place1SEO, Fort Myers, Florida (USA) Supervised creative and technology teams to arrange and start ad products for clients and for the company. Presented periodical campaign rep... more