Many people want to work in the film industry, and getting film jobs is extremely tough, especially in Los Angeles and New York City. To stand out, you need to set yourself apart from all the other applicants. You need to show how you will be an immediate asset, and you can get a sense of what a good resume should look like by reviewing our film resume templates.
In addition to a resume, you should have a high-quality portfolio of your work ready to go. With these templates and the following tips, you can vastly improve your odds of getting an interview.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Film Experience
There are all kinds of film jobs out there, including producer, director, editor, actor, and so much more. No matter what position you seek, you need to adequately convey your prior experiences. In addition to using action words and using the same keywords and phrases found in the job ad, the film resume templates offer great examples of how to format these experiences so that hiring managers can read through the section quickly and efficiently.
• Operate video switching equipment, electronic titling systems, and computer editing systems to create a final product
• Rehearse and study roles from screenplays to memorize lines, cues, and stunts
• Audition cast members for upcoming films and collaborate with other professionals to determine who should get the part
• Oversee the production process, ensuring no aspect goes over budget
• Promote finished films by advertising on social media and submitting to film festivals
Film Resume Tips
Reading film resume templates is only the beginning. You need to understand what these templates do well and how to incorporate the same ideas into your application. Here are basic steps everyone needs to take to make sure their resumes catch the attention of as many hiring managers as possible:
1. Personalize Your Film Resume: You may apply for two film jobs that appear to be the same, but chances are high that the job ads vary slightly. Everyone needs something different from new hires, so make it clear that you are perfect for the job by customizing your application a little bit.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: There is a chance hiring managers may not read your resume all the way through if the summary statement is subpar. Make this opening paragraph, which should consist of four or five sentences, stand out.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: You never want to be vague on a resume. Use specific stories and examples to show how you have actually exemplified beneficial skills in previous places of employment.
Film Resume Templates
Take a look at some film resume templates written by real-world professionals. If you see some trends that are absent from your application, then you have some edits to make.
For additional assistance, get help from My Perfect Resume. You can receive section-by-section help to substantially improve your application.
- Film Example 1
Crew Member (February 2013 – May 2014) Wendy’s, Valencia, Ca, United States Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind of hot an... more 2
- Film Example 2
na xvey Technical skillsComputer Proficiency – Mac , Proficient – 6 yearsComputer Proficiency – PC, Intermediate – 3 yearsCinematography, Intermediate – 4 yearsOrganisation Skills, Proficient –... more 3
- Film Example 3
Camp Counselor – ( June 2012 – August 2012) LHF, Seattle, WA (United States) I was a camp counselor at Lao Heritage Foundation. This was a day camp where I was with children for a few hours a day to help them learn about w... more 4
- Film Example 4
Objective My goal is to accomplish the definition of personal achievement. Which for me would be: to attend college and transfer to a university that has an excellent Film program where I can later, after graduating, work my way into the industry. ... more 5
- Film Example 5
Group Director of Media and News Production – ( 09/01/2015 – 06/15/2016) Bear Country News – Norwalk High Television Station, Norwalk, CT (United States) Edited and presented the news local television programme. Creat... more 6
- Film Example 6
Finishline , Indianapolis, In (USA) Sales Associate , 08/2007 – 12/2010 Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our products. Dealt with the cash register, returns and exchange requests. Organized items, controll... more 7
- Film Example 7
an xsic Education and Training Bachelors , Film Full Sail University , 2016, Winter park, Florida (United States) Every month my class schedule switches so it might be hard to find times to work, but I am willing to put in the time and work ... more 8
- Film Example 8
Actor (2014 – 2015)Socastee High School, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States Offered advice on scripts. Dealt with different tasks such as the creation of an idea for series, to the composition of a script.Interests ... more 9
- Film Example 9
ella xjal Education and TrainingWagner College, 2017 Staten Island, NY Film and Media Studies, Bachelors I am currently attending Wagner College on a Dean’s Scholarship and working towards a bachelors degree in film and media studies... more 10
- Film Example 10
Shelbie Cushard Education and Training Stow Munroe Falls High School, 2015, StowOhio, United States General, High School Diploma Was part of the Choir and Speech and Debate League all four yearsBowling Green State University, 2019, Bowlin... more