Journalism is more competitive than ever, and it is one of the few industries that has a declining job outlook. That said, there are still positions available. If you hope to snag one, your resume needs to be top notch and convey your strongest skill sets and attributes. Some such attributes include verbal and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, perseverance, and computer skills.
If you have a hard time showcasing your greatest professional attributes, or if you want to craft a submission that will get you noticed, refer to our winning journalism resume templates for guidance. If you need additional help, turn to our online resume builder.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Journalism Experience
As an aspiring journalist, you are under more pressure than other professionals to use your words to your advantage. Boost your chances by using action verbs and utilizing keywords as well as key phrases found in the job description in your submission. Give yourself a break and take a bit of the pressure off and refer to our collection of compelling journalism resume templates for direct quotes from real life professionals:
• Use fairness, integrity, and objectivity when reporting on local issues, current events, and other newsworthy happenings
• Protect source confidentiality at all costs, and, if necessary, succumb to the legal ramifications for doing so
• Attend court hearings, press conferences, and public meetings to gather as much information as possible before crafting a story
• Perform in-depth research and investigation, and interview citizens and public officials for the scope
• Exercise strong journalistic integrity and adhere to all ethical standards and procedures for developing a news report
Journalism Resume Tips
Our collection of journalism resume templates provides a great example of generic but winning resumes. However, employers want to see creativity, industry knowledge, and uniqueness. Use these tips to craft a document that is all three of those things to better your chances of landing an interview:
1. Personalize Your Journalism Resume: Your resume's goal is to impress employers and show them that you're the right person for the job. You can do this by personalizing your document with specific terms and phrases directly from the job ad.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your resume is the only impression that a recruiter has of you at application time. Make sure the impression is a strong one by introducing yourself via a strong powerful summary statement that conveys your strengths, values, and passion.
3. Use Specific Values and Experiences: Your job is to tell stories with your words. Prove that you do this well by backing your skills with real-life examples and stories of past professional experiences.
Journalism Resume Templates
You have one shot at impressing potential employers, so don't waste the opportunity by presenting a lackluster resume. Utilize our journalism resume templates for guidance, and if you need additional help, turn out our partner, My Perfect Resume, for more hands-on assistance in the form of their free resume builder.
- Journalism Example 1
sa xley Technical skillsResearching, Writing, Producing, Reporting, Creating and Developing Content that not only engages but informs. 20 yearsProducer, Reporter WHRO Public MediaProducer, February 2008 – Present WHRO Public Me... more 2
- Journalism Example 2
Package & Field Producer / Fill-In Assignment Manager – ( November 2008 – Present) Fox News Channel, Washington, DC (USA) Reviewed, modified and edited other journalists and writers work. Helped editors in post-product... more 3
- Journalism Example 3
abeth xfee Education and Training Undergraduate, Communications and Media Industry Fordham University, 2016, Bronx, NY (USA) Undergraduate, Communications University of Westminster, N/A, London, UK (Europe) Awards Rhode Island State Deb... more 4
- Journalism Example 4
xley wn Education Bachelors, Broadcast Journalism/Public Relations Troy University, 2018, Troy, AL (United States) Associate’s, Mass Communication Wallace Community College, 2017, Dothan, AL (United States) Work History Publix , Dot... more 5
- Journalism Example 5
Will Muckian Work historyCatering Staff – ( October 2nd, 2015 – Present) Sodexo, Des Moines, IA (USA) Prepared food, set up and tore down events, catered to people, bartended, handled and served food.Concessions Staff – ... more 6
- Journalism Example 6
Jacquelynn Logan Huff Technical skillsCustomer Support, Expert – 3 yearsNetworking, Proficient – 4 yearsDocumentation, Intermediate – 3 yearsAreas of expertiseFilming, Sports Filming – 1 yearCommunicatio... more 7
- Journalism Example 7
– 3 Years yearsWriting, Mid-Level Experience – 5 Years yearsExperience School Newspaper Copy Editor (September, 2016 – Present)-, -, -, – I am currently a copy editor for my school’s newspaper. For... more 8
- Journalism Example 8
Business Consulting Associate – ZS ASSOCIATES 17/06/2013 – 04/07/2014 // Gurugram (India) My job at ZS has been mainly in the field of Sizing, Segmentation and Marketing research analytics for the pharmaceutical markets. I ... more 9
- Journalism Example 9
Jaydeep Das Education and TrainingKanuibanka High School – 2011 Belmuri, West Bengal, India Bengali,English,Geography,History,Life science,Physical Science,Mathamatics, MP passed 10th level Madhyamik Exam Passed with 78%Bhanderha... more 10
- Journalism Example 10
Wimbleton Gymnastics, Memphis, TN June, 2001 – June, 2005 : Cinematographer and editor Collaborated with Wimbleton Gymnastics to create end of the year videos featuring athletes performing some of their best skills and showcasing th... more