As a creative professional, it can difficult to convey your talent via a single written document, but that is precisely what you must do if you hope that employers will notice you. This is especially true if you are just starting out and don't have an expansive portfolio.
When crafting your photography resume, don't take chances and attempt to craft your submission on your own. Refer to our collection of photographer resume templates for guidance and industry-specific text examples. If you discover that you need more assistance, request help from our resume writing professionals, or use our partner's free online resume builder.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Photographer Experience
Photographers are creative and have an eye for detail as well as an ability to turn seemingly ho-hum scenery into works of art. They are also business savvy and people-friendly. This is a lot to convey in a single document. However, when you mirror the language in job descriptions, use powerful action verbs, and refer to photographer resume templates, you can say volumes about your qualifications:
• Collaborate with a variety of personalities and artistic styles to create show-stopping works of art
• Assist imaging team members with staging, prop setup, product styling, lighting, and post-production edits
• Utilize artistic vision and best practices to help clients realize their ideas and add a professional, timeless flair
• Photograph a variety of special events, including, but not limited to, weddings, births, engagements, graduations, and family get-togethers
• Maintain high levels of client satisfaction by thoroughly explaining package offerings, fees, and stipulations
Photographer Resume Tips
Photography is a competitive industry, and if you hope to land a position with a reputable company, you must pull out all the stops to capture an employer's attention. Use the photographer resume templates and these tips to craft a compelling document that is sure to garner positive attention:
1. Personalize Your Photographer Resume:
Although you need to craft a generic resume that is near-ready to send out at a moment's notice, you must personalize each document before sending. Refer to the job description to use terms and phrases unique to the employer.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement:
Your resume is the only opportunity you have to showcase your personality and make a lasting impression. Use the two to three brief sentences to convey your passion, skill sets, and value.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences:
Your job as a photographer is to show, not tell. Use specific examples and experiences to craft a compelling story that clearly illustrates your skill sets and gives potential employers an accurate idea of what you can contribute to their organizations.