According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for publicity and media professionals may grow by up to 9% until 2026. That’s faster than average for most professions. While it could translate into more opportunities, it also could mean you’ll face more competition with other jobseekers.
Standing out from the crowd is imperative. Statistically speaking, you only have six seconds to make a strong impression on recruiters with your resume. Turn to our public relations and publicity resume templates to learn how to put your qualifications front and center and convince hiring managers to give you a second look — and an interview.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Public Relations and Publicity Experience
Professionals in your field focus on cultivating and maintaining positive images for their organizations. Just as you’d carefully craft targeted and persuasive messages to shape the public’s perception of a brand, you must adopt the same tactics for your resume. Review our public relations and publicity resume templates for examples of how to dynamically describe your public relations experience:
• Compose press releases, social media and website content, and other communications on behalf of the organization
• Develop and execute an organizational communications strategy that focuses on positive image promotion and a strong brand identity
• Correspond with media contacts and respond to inquiries from news organizations, journalists, and the public
• Coordinate with marketing and advertising staff, ensuring that individual advertisements and campaigns align with the organization’s brand standards
• Monitor response to social media, press releases, and advertising by analyzing data and comments from the public
Public Relations and Publicity Resume Tips
Study our public relations and publicity resume templates and learn essential practices for writing your resume. Resources such as this public relations resume sample are also helpful. While you’re at it, review some tips for honing your prose into a document that makes a compelling case for your candidacy.
1. Personalize Your Public Relations and Publicity Resume: Don’t use the same version of your resume when applying to multiple jobs. Instead, create new editions with specifically tailored content that incorporates keywords from the job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement appears near the top of your resume. Use this as a critical advantage by composing a three-sentence blurb that markets your strongest skills, strategically selected based on the employer’s desired qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: It’s not enough to say that you "managed" or "handled" a key responsibility. Employers want to see your potential value, so play to this tendency by describing standout accomplishments with powerful verbs and quantifiable metrics.
Public Relations and Publicity Resume Templates
In our public relations and publicity resume templates, you’ll discover salient examples from real-life jobseekers just like you. In the meantime, don’t forget about My Perfect Resume, a resume builder with professional writing tips, spell check, and other helpful tools. You can use this resource to create a winning resume from start to finish.
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 1
Natasha Penney Education and TrainingMount Saint Vincent University – 2014 Halifax, Nova Scotia , Canada Politics, History, Bachelor of Arts in Political Studies The degree focused on socio-political change, conflict and governance a... more 2
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 2
Lauren May Education and TrainingThe University of Alabama – 2017 Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA Public Relations, Bachelors Degree in Communications Public relations is the creative expression of strategic persuasive communication to build ... more 3
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 3
Imagination Theater , Placerville, California (United States) Orphan & Gang Member, November 21, 2014 – December 23, 2014 In Oliver by Imagination Theater, I was a hungry orphan and a gang member who stole wallets from the pe... more 4
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 4
Secretary General of Food and Beverages – ( 19th June 2015 – 21st June 2015) Sunway Models United Nations, Bandar Sunway, Selangor (Malaysia) Scout for potential caterers to serve an event of 300 people Organized and planne... more 5
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 5
Crimson Guide (June 2015 – present)IUP Admissions , Indiana, PA Led prospective students and their parents around campus to highlight IUP and answer their questionsCUSP Peer Advisor (August 2015 and Summer 2016 – (This ... more 6
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 6
Broadcast Manager, May 16, 2012 – April 30, 2012 United States Air Force, San Antonio, Texas, United States Supported day-to-day production and distribution of local and national newscasts, Public Services Announcements, press rele... more 7
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 7
Missions Logistics Manager – Mount Paran December 2010 – May 2016 // Atlanta (United States) Collaborated with agents and creative artists. Arranged and organized different events and exhibitions to promote my clientR... more 8
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 8
Madison Pettis Accomplishments Member of National Honors Society in high school. References Someone I’ve known for more than a year: Holly Roche: 978-764-5823 Employer: Yvette Velez: 857-205-0529 EducationHaverhill High School R... more 9
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 9
Gardner Aquatic Center, Gardner, Kansas (USA) Lifeguard, 5/26/14 – 8/08/24 Protect lives and had to maintain problems, fix them if need be. Making sure people were all doing good in one setting at a time. Also, had to memorize pro... more 10
- Public Relations And Publicity Example 10
Graphic Designer, 2008 – 2009 Alpharetta High School , Alpharetta, GA, United States I was chosen to design a graphic for the high school after they won the Light House School award. I had to work independently to design the graphi... more