Attention to detail is a key skill needed when you work in sound, and it's that same skill that helps you create a resume that forges the path to new opportunities. A sound resume template can show you how to build a quality document that showcases your strongest professional attributes and experience. With the right guidance, you can have a better resume in no time.
We draw from the expertise of real-world professionals to assist you in fine-tuning your resume. By using our tips and resume builder, you can improve your chances of impressing recruiters and getting an interview.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Sound Experience
The action words you use to describe your qualifications on your resume can have an effect on your career prospects. There are many technical aspects to a sound engineer's job, but interpersonal communication plays an important role as well. Use the sound resume template to work in your people skills, and include terms from the job description to show you understand and fulfill the specific requirements of the position:
• Consult with producers, musicians, and other clients to determine required tasks for recording or mixing audio
• Use cutting-edge technology to record and manipulate a variety of sounds to achieve desired goals
• Set up recording sessions before partners arrive to make sure all the equipment connects and works properly
• Run a sound board or other console during recording sessions to control volume, balance, and sound quality
• Isolate individual sounds to create unique recordings during mixing sessions to incorporate into larger works
Sound Resume Tips
There are many useful tips on how to write a resume that catches a reader's attention. Our sound resume templates and expert writing advice can help you hone in on the special touches that help take your resume from good to great.
1. Personalize Your Sound Resume: Look for ways to align your specific experience with the description of the job you want. Pick a good mix of technical and soft-skills keywords out of the description, and then place them strategically throughout your resume.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary is essentially your elevator pitch. If you had 30 seconds to impress a potential employer, what would you say? Focus on the skills and experience that make you unique.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Your experience section should be more than a list of tasks. It should pique the interest of recruiters who are looking for sound engineers with industry experience. The more specific each entry can be, the better your resume will read.
Sound Resume Templates
A great way to learn is by example. Our sound resume templates offer examples from real jobseekers in the entertainment industry.
My Perfect Resume offers a resume builder with step-by-step assistance to create your own document. Follow our tips and instructions to craft a phenomenal resume in minutes.
- Sound Example 1
Actor, Publications Worker, Audio Designer (2012 – 2017)CHS Performing Arts, Independence , Oregon, USA Collaborated with agents and creative artists. Arranged and organized different events and exhibitions to promote my client&... more 2
- Sound Example 2
Brandon Sangston EducationAmherst County High School – 2013 Amherst, Virginia, United States General education, Advanced Diploma Graduated with honors as 12th in my class of over 350Education and TrainingUniversity of Virginia ... more 3
- Sound Example 3
Hostess (July 2012 – December 2013)Koko Sushi Bar and Lounge, Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States Dealt with customer payments. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu to customers Informed and... more 4
- Sound Example 4
Voice Lessons – 1 Semester Concert Choir – 1 Semester Accomplishments Dean’s List College GPA: 3.7 High School GPA: 3.8 Speaker at High School Graduation Work history Chuck E Cheese, Rochester, Minnesota (United Sta... more 5
- Sound Example 5
Audio Engineer – Cool Runnings Sound and Productions, LLC June 2016 – present // Westland (United States) Toned large integrated sound system for a rental hall with 600 seat capacity. Traveled to Toronto for Avid Certifica... more 6
- Sound Example 6
xdan ce Education and Training Technical , Professional Recording Atlanta Institue of Music and Media, 2014, Duluth, Georgia (USA) – Studied fundementals of audio and audio recording such as waveforms, sound pressure loudness and frequ... more 7
- Sound Example 7
Production Assistant – ( 10/30/2014 – 10/30/2014) Simiao Lee, Los Angeles, CA (United States) Collaborated with agents and creative artists. Dealt with producers and scriptwriters. Supervised lighting, sound and camera crew... more 8
- Sound Example 8
d with DaWs such as Logic and Protools, Familiar with variety of other DAWs too, experienced with editing songs and voices. 5 years Music Production, Can make jingles, background scores, music in different genres; can write musical notati... more 9
- Sound Example 9
All-Rounder – Cafenatics September 2015 – October 2016 // Melbourne (Australia) Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Took drink a... more 10
- Sound Example 10
Stage Hand/Crew Call (Winter 2016 – Currently Employed)IMC Innercept Management Corporation, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States Help set up and break down audio equipment for road crew at live shows for tours.Education ... more