The most memorable television and radio personalities are the ones whose talent and charisma meet hard work and well-refined leadership skills. Television and radio resume templates written from a real-world perspective focus on the applicants' strengths and the experience it took to cultivate them.
A well-written resume is often necessary to get your foot in the door. Our tips and resume tools can help you turn your first draft into a unique document that accentuates your most impressive attributes. When coupled with the step-by-step writing guide of our excellent resume builder, these strategies can help you get the job you want.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Television and Radio Experience
It is important that you exhibit your ability to keep up with the fast pace of the entertainment industry by matching your terminology to the job description. Advice from successful professionals in the field consistently urges applicants to embrace the industry's standards, showcasing the talents befitting the strong leadership role of anchor or announcer. Television and radio resume templates include specific responsibilities that start with strong action words:
• Prepare for interviews and broadcasts by keeping track of the most up-to-date information on the topic at hand
• Contribute to the effort of the newsroom or show's team to write quality copy for each broadcast
• Communicate effectively, showing mastery not only of public speaking but also written and visual media
• Announce news items, musical selections, and commercials in both recorded and live formats with a clear, memorable voice
• Respond effectively to audience requests and comments, building relationships with the people who watch or listen
Television and Radio Resume Tips
Getting a job in media starts with understanding how to craft a resume that helps recruiters notice you. While there may be hundreds of applicants, the right television and radio resume template can set you apart. Use our tips to improve your document.
1. Personalize Your Television and Radio Resume: Prospective employers look for the person who best matches the description of the job. A generic resume can hurt your chances. Using keywords found in the description itself, however, catches the recruiter's eye.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You only have a few seconds to impress the hiring manager before he or she moves on to another resume. The statement needs to reflect your dynamic personality and give the best synopsis of your skill set that it can.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Your experience section should do more than list tasks you performed. It should weave a narrative of what you accomplished and what you learned from each position, setting you apart from the crowd.
Television and Radio Resume Templates
A great resume showcases what you do best. Our television and radio resume templates give you ideas of how to do just that.
Our real-world tips are from professionals who have experience in media. Our partners at My Perfect Resume walk you through the creation of a winning resume.
- Television And Radio Example 11
xnda xond Objective An employment opportunity in a Communication related field. Education and Training Pensacola State College, 2011, PensacolaFlorida, United States General , General AA Two years spent at Pensacola State College and e... more 12
- Television And Radio Example 12
xhua xman EducationCICS Longwood, 2014 Chicago, IL, United State College Readiness, High School Diploma High School Diploma.Tougaloo College, 2018 Tougaloo , Ms., United States Mass Communication, Bachelors Of Arts Still AttendingWo... more 13
- Television And Radio Example 13
Teacher’s Assistant (9/1/2015 – current)Hill Country Fellowship Christian Academy, Burnet, TX, United States Read to children and taught them drawing, songs, and handicrafts. Taught children healthy and personal routines s... more 14
- Television And Radio Example 14
xhard j. sh Work history Production Designer (06/14/2004 – Current)Murray Amphitheater, Murray, UT, USA Production designer and Tech Crew for Murray Amphitheater. Specializing in sound equipment and communications. I frequently act a... more 15
- Television And Radio Example 15
Ronald Sloan Work history Walmart, York, PA October 2004 – July 2005 : Inventory Management Specialist Maintain proper inventory and availability of merchandise for customer through use of provided equipment. Excellent listening skills provi... more 16
- Television And Radio Example 16
Selena Lopez Education and TrainingEximius College Preparatory Academy – 2012 Bronx, New York, United States Communications, Diploma I attended this school through the grades 6-12. I participated in my core study classes such as Engl... more 17
- Television And Radio Example 17
gan xkes Education and Training Sandalwood Heights Secondary School, 2014, BramptonOntario, Canada ,Technical skillsX-Pression Graphics, Create and operate graphics for broadcast television. – 2 yearsAdobe Premiere Pro, Vi... more 18
- Television And Radio Example 18
Managing Editor (11/2006 – Present)KSAZ-TV, Phoenix, Arizona, US Managed the newsroom and up to 8 reporters on a daily basis. Managed the Assignment Desk and was in charge of hiring Assignment Editors when needed. Coordinated w... more 19
- Television And Radio Example 19
VizRT Trio Operator, September, 2014 – Present NFL Network, Culver City, CA, USA I am a freelance employee and have worked the following shows: Fantasy, Around The Network, Total Access, News I have operated the video wall Around... more 20
- Television And Radio Example 20
News and Political Reporter – ( January 29, 2012 – Present) KBOE Radio Station, Oskaloosa, Iowa (United States) Covered City Council meetings, city committee meetings, Mahaska County Board of Supervisor meetings, and judici... more