The most memorable television and radio personalities are the ones whose talent and charisma meet hard work and well-refined leadership skills. Television and radio resume templates written from a real-world perspective focus on the applicants' strengths and the experience it took to cultivate them.
A well-written resume is often necessary to get your foot in the door. Our tips and resume tools can help you turn your first draft into a unique document that accentuates your most impressive attributes. When coupled with the step-by-step writing guide of our excellent resume builder, these strategies can help you get the job you want.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Television and Radio Experience
It is important that you exhibit your ability to keep up with the fast pace of the entertainment industry by matching your terminology to the job description. Advice from successful professionals in the field consistently urges applicants to embrace the industry's standards, showcasing the talents befitting the strong leadership role of anchor or announcer. Television and radio resume templates include specific responsibilities that start with strong action words:
• Prepare for interviews and broadcasts by keeping track of the most up-to-date information on the topic at hand
• Contribute to the effort of the newsroom or show's team to write quality copy for each broadcast
• Communicate effectively, showing mastery not only of public speaking but also written and visual media
• Announce news items, musical selections, and commercials in both recorded and live formats with a clear, memorable voice
• Respond effectively to audience requests and comments, building relationships with the people who watch or listen
Television and Radio Resume Tips
Getting a job in media starts with understanding how to craft a resume that helps recruiters notice you. While there may be hundreds of applicants, the right television and radio resume template can set you apart. Use our tips to improve your document.
1. Personalize Your Television and Radio Resume: Prospective employers look for the person who best matches the description of the job. A generic resume can hurt your chances. Using keywords found in the description itself, however, catches the recruiter's eye.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You only have a few seconds to impress the hiring manager before he or she moves on to another resume. The statement needs to reflect your dynamic personality and give the best synopsis of your skill set that it can.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Your experience section should do more than list tasks you performed. It should weave a narrative of what you accomplished and what you learned from each position, setting you apart from the crowd.
Television and Radio Resume Templates
A great resume showcases what you do best. Our television and radio resume templates give you ideas of how to do just that.
Our real-world tips are from professionals who have experience in media. Our partners at My Perfect Resume walk you through the creation of a winning resume.
- Television And Radio Example 41
len xler Education and Training Broadcast Center of Missouri, 2011, St. LouisMO, USA Radio Broadcasting, Certificate of Radio Broadcasting Hands on training for On-Air, Newscasts, Newswriting, Weather Forecasts, Digital Audio editing for ... more 42
- Television And Radio Example 42
Bilingual Emcee, Product Specialist, Brand Ambassador – ( 4/13 – present) Ford Motor Company, All Northern California, CA (USA) Pump up the crowd, engage & invite people to participate in our “Spin to Win” ... more 43
- Television And Radio Example 43
Disc Jockey, 1998 – 2014 Halftime Productions, Sanford, NC, United States Collaborated with agents and creative artists. Provided creative guidance to make my client’s work more marketable. Helped editors in post-production.... more 44
- Television And Radio Example 44
Audio/lighting Tech – ( December 2011 – May 2015) Indaglow Productions, Atlanta, Ga -Helped setup and teardown audio/lighting for events at convention center sized venues. -Was called back to an event on a moments notice t... more 45
- Television And Radio Example 45
Raul hernandez Education and TrainingLakeside high school – 2016 Lake Elsinore, CA, United States none, none I am a senior and ready to graduate as of right now, i have a 3.0 and still looking for a college.Interests Public speakin... more 46
- Television And Radio Example 46
vin xrea Education and Training Diploma, General Liberty County High School, 2007, Hinesville, GA (USA) High School Diploma. Bachelor Of Science, Audio Production Art Institute of CA, LA, 2014, Santa Monica, CA (USA) Degree in progress, e... more 47
- Television And Radio Example 47
Deutsche Seetouristik GmbH, Various, Rostock (Germany) Vocalist on Board Cruise line Cs Aida , 1996-1998 – 1996-1998 Lead Vocalist with the band Imargination from Trinidad and Tobago. on board the cruise line Cs Aida. Being the fr... more 48
- Television And Radio Example 48
Advertising (June, 2011 – August, 2011) El Norte, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico Worked in the Advertising department as a designer for the social editorial “Sierra Madre” Internships Intern at “Havas Media̶... more 49
- Television And Radio Example 49
The Peoples Church – Receptionist 08/11 – 01/17 // Washington, DC (USA) While being a receptionists, my tasks were to keep a clean office environment, organize church events, and maintain professional communication when ans... more 50
- Television And Radio Example 50
James Jernigan Education and Training Hunterdon Central Regional High School, Flemington, New Jersey High School Diploma, Communications, 2013 Graduated from high school with a 3.1 GPA and I was a part of the class of 2013. Seton Hall University,... more