Many businesses rely on writers and editors to ensure that any copy sent out by the company is high-quality and accurate. While you should have sufficient experience in the field, you can also show off your writing acumen by sending in a properly-formatted and well-written resume. That involves following the rules found in our writer, editor, and proofreader resume templates.
These templates show what information should go on the page and how to format every section. One of the best ways to become a better writer is to read as often as you can, so reading other people’s resumes will certainly help you become a stronger jobseeker.
Free Entertainment And Media Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional entertainment and media resumes.
How To Mention Your Writer, Editor and Proofreader Experience
From creative writers to copywriters, there are many ways to make a living by producing written content. Showcase your previous experiences the right ways by taking a look at some of the examples found throughout the writer, editor, and proofreader resume templates. You should mirror the language of the job ad you found and include plenty of strong, active verbs to begin all statements.
• Prepare works in the correct format to later send to producers for publication
• Write advertising copy for internet media, broadcast, or publication to promote goods
• Read corrected proofs to ensure there are no inconsistencies or errors
• Verify statistics, dates, and facts using various references sources
• Review consumer surveys and advertising trends to determine the best way to market goods to a specific demographic
Writer, Editor, and Proofreader Resume Tips
Before you send your resume to one more hiring manager, you need to review the best tips every job application should have. After you abide by the following rules found in all writer, editor, and proofreader resume templates, you will be ready to resume your job hunt.
1. Personalize Your Writer, Editor, and Proofreader Resume: You can have a basic resume available, but you want to customize it for each unique job opening. Find keywords the individual employer seems to want and place them in the document.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Many hiring managers spend fewer than 10 seconds reading a resume before deciding whether to continue. That means the summary statement, which is the first thing on the page, needs to be incredible.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Vague action statements, such as "Write advertising copy," will not stand out. You want to include specific details as to what the ad copy you wrote accomplished or how much you can write in a given day.
Writer, Editor, and Proofreader Resume Templates
The path to becoming a better resume writer is to review our writer, editor, and proofreader resume templates. You may just find the inspiration you need to have a more fruitful job search.
You also need to check out My Perfect Resume. This tool gives you step-by-step assistance to craft a solid application.
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 1
content writer – CYKIQ 15th december 2016 – ongoing // islamabad (pakistan) Provided creative guidance to make my client’s work more marketable. Kept updated with new tendencies in the industry, analyzed trade magazin... more 2
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 2
d – 8 yearsEditing, Experienced – 2 yearsResearch, Experienced – 2 yearsProofreading, Experienced – 8 yearsExperience Contributing Writer (June 2014 – Present)Listverse, New York, New York, U... more 3
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 3
ar xieh Education and Training Martyr Osama Ahmed Ismail, 11, CairoNasr City, Egypt Mathematicals, Basic School Studying currently in an Egyptian high school in Mathematical studies and English as the second main language.Interests Co... more 4
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 4
News Editor/Sports Editor, 12/2006 – 9/2010 GateHouse Media and Copley Press, Lincoln, Springfield, Peoria, Illinois (United States) Planned and selected contents for the newspaper. Supervised the production of publications. Decide... more 5
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 5
Lead Writer (1589 – 1610)Shakespeare and Co., Wickshire, United Kingdom, England Searched for clients conducting auditions, checked art portfolios and read manuscripts. Kept updated with new tendencies in the industry, analyzed ... more 6
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 6
xerie anne de na Technical skillsGood understanding of English and Filipino language. , Out of the box concept in writing 2 years yearsWattpad Writer (2013-present)Writer, May 2013 – Present Wattpad company, Guiguinto, Bulacan, ... more 7
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 7
mes rina Esperienza lavorativaMedia content writer – Media content manager – Addetto privacy – Addetto alle risorse umane – Sintesi srl 12.2015 – Oggi // Brindisi (Italy) – Redazione e gestione dei con... more 8
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 8
Writer – Packernet.com 2/28/2017 – Current // Madison (United States) Covered everything from breaking news to prospect breakdowns and opinion pieces.Owner – theupfl.com 4/1/2015 – 10/1/2015 // Kenosha (Uni... more 9
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 9
Mark Barden Objective Hard-working creative writing graduate with proven journalism and organizational skills seeking to apply my abilities to any position that will benefit the company to that which I may be employed to. Education and Training ... more 10
- Writer, Editor And Proofreader Example 10
Writer, Sponsored Content – ( November 2015 – January 20116) Upworthy, Los Angeles (Remote), CA Researched and pitched story ideas to clients that fit their needs. Wrote stories promoting clients’ desired values whil... more