It can be hard to land a position as a bartender in a competitive job market. You need to stand out from other jobseekers so employers know they can trust you to do the job with expertise and professionalism. Your resume is the first chance you have to show a hiring manager you have the required skills and experience.
Our guide is the perfect resource for crafting an effective resume. Our writing advice and real-world bartender resume templates are full of tips and inspiration for your own document. Use them to take the first step toward a successful job hunt.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Bartender Experience
You know you have to include your relevant bartending experience on your resume, but did you know that how you describe it is just as important? Using powerful verbs and phrasing from the job ad, as shown in our bartender resume templates, can make all the difference. Find inspiration with these samples:
• Accept drink orders from customers and servers, and mix alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages, balancing restaurant standards with customer preferences
• Provide drink recommendations to customers and servers to accommodate preferences, allergies, and available inventory of ingredients and spirits
• Verify customers' ages by checking identification, and maintain strict policy of not serving alcohol to underage patrons
• Develop new specialty cocktails that utilize local ingredients and pair well with entrees from seasonal menus
• Maintain cleanliness of bar area, and oversee inventory of wines, spirits, liqueurs, mixers, and garnishes
Bartender Resume Tips
An effective document, like our bartender resume template, doesn't have to overflow with minute details of your career. Rather, it should be concise, showcasing your most impressive and relevant qualifications. Use our professional resume examples and these simple tips to optimize your final draft:
1. Personalize Your Bartender Resume: If your resume looks the same as all the other submissions, a hiring manager probably won't remember you. Tailor your skills to match the job requirements as closely as possible.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The goal of your summary statement is to hook the reader and encourage him or her to continue reading. Draw attention to the top qualifications that make you right for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Short stories of your career experiences can help a reader picture you bartending so he or she remembers your application when it comes times to schedule interviews. Include concise summaries of a few key bartending achievements.
Bartender Resume Templates
All of our bartender resume templates come from real-world professionals and adhere to high standards for readability and efficacy. Studying them gives you invaluable insight about formatting, content, and tone. Make the writing process even easier by accessing our resume builder.
- Bartender Example 11
Bartender – ( January 2015 – December 2015) Willard Hicks, Campbell, CA (United States) Specialized in craft cocktails in a fast-paced, casual fine dining atmosphere. Trained novice bartenders in the art of creating signatu... more 12
- Bartender Example 12
Blizzard Master Extraordinaire (4/1/15 – 8/2/15)Dairy Queen, Wylie, Texas, United States Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Prepared drinks and food ingredients. Offered information about the ... more 13
- Bartender Example 13
xecca e. en SkillsBartender/Server/Trainer, Cicerone Certification Level1 19 yearsWork historyBartender, January 2015 – December 2015 Willard Hicks, Campbell, CA, United States Specialized in craft cocktails, in fast-paced casual... more 14
- Bartender Example 14
Floor Model – ( June 2012 – September 2012) Gilly Hicks, Honolulu, Hawaii Assisted customers to find items, informed about products’ characteristics, compared different models, described purchase terms and conditions... more 15
- Bartender Example 15
Bartender (2012 – 2013)Hole in the wall, macau, -, Macau Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Kept in excellent condition glasses, utensils and ... more 16
- Bartender Example 16
BARTENDER – ( MARCH 4 2013 – MARCH 16 2014) APPLEBEES, TIFTON, GEORGIA (UNITED STATES) Collect money for drinks served. Check identification of customers to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol. Clean glasses,... more 17
- Bartender Example 17
Server – ( July 2012 – August 2013) Dee’s 50’s Place, Barberton, OH (United States) Prepared different pies, tops, meringues and creams. Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Clea... more 18
- Bartender Example 18
xden rn Education and Training Eden Marine High School, 2011, EdenNew South Wales, Australia Higher schooling, HSC Certificate completed year 12 (HSC,5 subjects) Cert 2 in hospitality Certificate in Food and Beverage OperationsCustom ... more 19
- Bartender Example 19
Bartender – ( 02/2011 – 11/2011) Eagles Club, Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin (United States) Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and served wine to customers. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered an... more 20
- Bartender Example 20
Bar Attendant (2013 – 2014)Rollingstone Hotel, Townsville, QLD Prepared drinks and food ingredients. Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Inspec... more