Food service workers are more than just servers; their cheerful and attentive service can make a customer's day. Similarly, a great resume should do more than just list your past experience—it should showcase how your customer service and other related skills can contribute to an employer's business.
Our cafeteria and food service resume templates can guide you as you build your own. Find examples of creative and professional ways to outline your work history and illustrate your abilities, including samples submitted by professionals in your field.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Cafeteria and Food Service Experience
When it comes to resumes, it's not just what you say that matters, but how you say it. A great resume tailors your language to the specific job posting. Be sure to use the same tone as the post and incorporate keywords and phrases related to the listed abilities and skills.
Also, utilize action words where possible to demonstrate your past duties. Our cafeteria and food service resume templates have excellent examples of how to illustrate your food service experience:
• Greet customers; answer questions about menu, preparation, ingredients, or substitutions; display a helpful and cheerful demeanor
• Take customers' orders, clarify any special requests or dietary restrictions, deliver to kitchen staff in a timely manner
• Stock serving tables with silverware, napkins, dishes, and food trays, wipe down tables when necessary
• Load and unload dishwasher, wash and put away kitchen utensils such as pots and pans
• Prepare foods such as salads and desserts, test temperature of prepared foods to ensure they meet health standards
Cafeteria and Food Service Resume Tips
Creating a resume that makes you stand out as the best candidate may seem intimidating. Luckily, there are a number of resume-writing tips that can help you get started. Our cafeteria and food service resume templates show that a few well-written lines employing the following techniques can have a powerful effect.
1. Personalize Your Cafeteria and Food Service Resume: While it's not necessary to start from scratch every time, you should revise your template to include details from the current job posting. Look for any phrases that receive special emphasis.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: A summary statement should say the most important things about you: your work ethic, your value as an employee, and your goals. Be concise and use every word to your advantage.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: No doubt you have a cache of stories where you went the extra mile to give customers a superb experience. Relay these encounters in your work history using strong details, especially concerning your actions.
Cafeteria and Food Service Resume Templates
Our library contains cafeteria and food service resume templates uploaded by users with real-world experience in the field. Browse through these examples to get an idea of how professionals in the industry present their qualifications. You can also utilize My Perfect Resume, an award-winning resume builder, to get you started.
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 1
xasta ortega xero SkillsDiligent Responsible Punctual Fluent spanish and learning Englihs, I like team work 2 years yearsCooperative Home CareHome Health Aide, 04/13/2014 – 03/15/2016 Cooperative Home Care, bronx, NY, Estados Un... more 2
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 2
TeamLeader (02/08 – present) upmc Preby (wpic), pittsburgh , pa Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Prep... more 3
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 3
Bar Attendant – ( 12/2010 – 05/2014) Shoney’s, Slidell, LA (US) Prepared hot and cold foods for the buffet. Washed all plates and utensils. Kept all work areas clean and orderly.Sevice Assistant – ( 04/2005... more 4
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 4
grill cook, server, shift leader (April 2000 – present)Cracker Barrel, Frackville, PA, United States Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail produc... more 5
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 5
Elizabeth A. Yaklin Education and Training High School Diploma, Criminal Justice Miami Valley CTC, May 2011, Dayton, Ohio (USA) High School Diploma High School Diploma, College Prep Brookville High School, May 2011, Brookville, Ohio (USA) Hig... more 6
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 6
cafeteria clerk – ( july 2011 – december 2011) CAA school elementary, metro manila, las pinas city (philippine ) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Informed and e... more 7
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 7
Cook and Transport (May 1, 2001 – December 20, 2008) U.S Army, Anchorage , Alaska, US Prepared meals following recipe cards and safety standards. Managed the flat tops and grills, fryers during preparation and services during caf... more 8
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 8
First Run Home Entertainment LLC, Colebrook, NH Crew Member, 07/18/15 – Present Welcomed guests and seated them at tables. Informed and explained the menu to customers Took food and drink orders from customers. Prepared and served... more 9
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 9
Bradley Beasley Work historyNutrition Assistant – ( 05/2012 – 12/2012) The Villages Regional Hospital , The Villages, FL (United States) My responsibilities included taking patient orders, reviewing patient diets with them, tray b... more 10
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 10
Sarai Alvarez Bolanos Education and TrainingOasis High School – 2010 Fallbrook, California , United States General Education, High School DiplomaPalomar College – Still attending San Marcos, California, United States Ge... more