Food service workers are more than just servers; their cheerful and attentive service can make a customer's day. Similarly, a great resume should do more than just list your past experience—it should showcase how your customer service and other related skills can contribute to an employer's business.
Our cafeteria and food service resume templates can guide you as you build your own. Find examples of creative and professional ways to outline your work history and illustrate your abilities, including samples submitted by professionals in your field.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Cafeteria and Food Service Experience
When it comes to resumes, it's not just what you say that matters, but how you say it. A great resume tailors your language to the specific job posting. Be sure to use the same tone as the post and incorporate keywords and phrases related to the listed abilities and skills.
Also, utilize action words where possible to demonstrate your past duties. Our cafeteria and food service resume templates have excellent examples of how to illustrate your food service experience:
• Greet customers; answer questions about menu, preparation, ingredients, or substitutions; display a helpful and cheerful demeanor
• Take customers' orders, clarify any special requests or dietary restrictions, deliver to kitchen staff in a timely manner
• Stock serving tables with silverware, napkins, dishes, and food trays, wipe down tables when necessary
• Load and unload dishwasher, wash and put away kitchen utensils such as pots and pans
• Prepare foods such as salads and desserts, test temperature of prepared foods to ensure they meet health standards
Cafeteria and Food Service Resume Tips
Creating a resume that makes you stand out as the best candidate may seem intimidating. Luckily, there are a number of resume-writing tips that can help you get started. Our cafeteria and food service resume templates show that a few well-written lines employing the following techniques can have a powerful effect.
1. Personalize Your Cafeteria and Food Service Resume: While it's not necessary to start from scratch every time, you should revise your template to include details from the current job posting. Look for any phrases that receive special emphasis.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: A summary statement should say the most important things about you: your work ethic, your value as an employee, and your goals. Be concise and use every word to your advantage.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: No doubt you have a cache of stories where you went the extra mile to give customers a superb experience. Relay these encounters in your work history using strong details, especially concerning your actions.
Cafeteria and Food Service Resume Templates
Our library contains cafeteria and food service resume templates uploaded by users with real-world experience in the field. Browse through these examples to get an idea of how professionals in the industry present their qualifications. You can also utilize My Perfect Resume, an award-winning resume builder, to get you started.
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 11
Shift Leader (January 14 – present) Subway, Wilmington, NC, USA Responsible for opening and closing store. Run Cash Register. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Training of new workers. Patient Services Manager (December 201... more 12
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 12
xthia xnez Technical skillsProblem Solving, Coordinator at HSU Dining Services – 2 yearsFood quality assurance, Food preperation – 2 yearsCustomer Services, Professional catering events for HSU Dining Services – 2 y... more 13
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 13
Cashier and Salesperson – Walmart 09/2003 – 02/2017 // Cerritos (United States) Analyzed customer needs, volume potential, discounts, price ranges and planned sales campaigns to achieve the company objectives. Dealt with th... more 14
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 14
Food Assistant – Houston County Board of Education 8/01/2016 – 02/23/2016 still there // Perry (United States) served hot and cold foods according to state guidelines. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Cleaned freezer... more 15
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 15
ander an ObjectiveReceive consideration for Food Service Associate III at Tucson Medical Center.Work HistorySales Associate, December 2010 – Present AAG Autoglass, Tucson, Arizona, United States To assist in sales in window gla... more 16
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 16
Ryley Alger-Hempstead Education and Training University of Connecticut, 2016, StorrsConnecticut, USA Music Theory/Music History, B.M/B.A High School DiplomaWork history Assistant Musical Director (Jan 2012 – May 2012)Fitch Middl... more 17
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 17
Server – ( May 2012 – December 4, 2014) LGC Hospitality Staffing, Cincinnati, Ohio (Hamilton) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Kept in excellent condition glasses,... more 18
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 18
Shift Manager – ( 15/07/2011 – Till Date) Gama Hospitality Ltd, Kolkata, West Bengal (India) Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products.... more 19
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 19
Host (3/2/15 – 6/18/15) The oaks care center, Pataskala, Ohio, United States Cleaned the working area and equipment. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu to customers Prepared drinks and food ... more 20
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 20
Housekeeper, 3/2007 – 6/2014 Rush Foundation hosp., Meridian, Ms, Cleaning rooms daily, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors and other work areas so health standards are met. Dust furniture and equipment. Dust windows ... more