Food service workers are more than just servers; their cheerful and attentive service can make a customer's day. Similarly, a great resume should do more than just list your past experience—it should showcase how your customer service and other related skills can contribute to an employer's business.
Our cafeteria and food service resume templates can guide you as you build your own. Find examples of creative and professional ways to outline your work history and illustrate your abilities, including samples submitted by professionals in your field.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Cafeteria and Food Service Experience
When it comes to resumes, it's not just what you say that matters, but how you say it. A great resume tailors your language to the specific job posting. Be sure to use the same tone as the post and incorporate keywords and phrases related to the listed abilities and skills.
Also, utilize action words where possible to demonstrate your past duties. Our cafeteria and food service resume templates have excellent examples of how to illustrate your food service experience:
• Greet customers; answer questions about menu, preparation, ingredients, or substitutions; display a helpful and cheerful demeanor
• Take customers' orders, clarify any special requests or dietary restrictions, deliver to kitchen staff in a timely manner
• Stock serving tables with silverware, napkins, dishes, and food trays, wipe down tables when necessary
• Load and unload dishwasher, wash and put away kitchen utensils such as pots and pans
• Prepare foods such as salads and desserts, test temperature of prepared foods to ensure they meet health standards
Cafeteria and Food Service Resume Tips
Creating a resume that makes you stand out as the best candidate may seem intimidating. Luckily, there are a number of resume-writing tips that can help you get started. Our cafeteria and food service resume templates show that a few well-written lines employing the following techniques can have a powerful effect.
1. Personalize Your Cafeteria and Food Service Resume: While it's not necessary to start from scratch every time, you should revise your template to include details from the current job posting. Look for any phrases that receive special emphasis.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: A summary statement should say the most important things about you: your work ethic, your value as an employee, and your goals. Be concise and use every word to your advantage.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: No doubt you have a cache of stories where you went the extra mile to give customers a superb experience. Relay these encounters in your work history using strong details, especially concerning your actions.
Cafeteria and Food Service Resume Templates
Our library contains cafeteria and food service resume templates uploaded by users with real-world experience in the field. Browse through these examples to get an idea of how professionals in the industry present their qualifications. You can also utilize My Perfect Resume, an award-winning resume builder, to get you started.
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 61
KANSAS CITY KANSAS SCHOOL DISTRICT, KANSAS CITY, KANSAS (USA) NUTRITIONAL SERVICES, 10/2010 – 02/2014 Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu to customers Prepared different pies, tops, meringues... more 62
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 62
Zach Danner Work historyDietary – ( 04/2014 – 06/2014) Crossroads Nursing and Rehab Center, Vandalia, Ohio (United States) Prepped food Washed dishes Cooked foodRamp Agent – ( 08/2013 – 11/2013) DGS, Vandalia, Oh... more 63
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 63
Catering, 1991 – Present Personal Business, Seven Mile, Ohio, USA Catered multiple bridal showers, graduation, retirement parties, meetings, and weddings; preparing service for as many as 300 people. Responsibilities include but ar... more 64
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 64
register/grill/stock/maintenance (2013 – 2014) Mc Donald’s restaurant PHL intern’l Airport term e, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States Established a proper production chain and organized staff to ensure appropri... more 65
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 65
Malinda Catlett Education and TrainingLima Senior High School – 1989 Lima, Ohio, USA General Studies, High School Diploma I studied secretarial for one year.Work historyCashier – ( 08/2009 – present) Circle K, Lima,... more 66
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 66
Host – Dos Margaritas- Mexican Resturant (05/15/07/15) Crabapple, Georgia (USA) Kept glasses and utensils in excellent condition. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Kept contact with cooks, serving staff and patrons to meet c... more 67
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 67
Sub Prep Cook – Cleveland Mertopolitan Schools 08/25/16 – Present // Cleveland (USA) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplie... more 68
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 68
Alexander Gomez Morales EducationHighland Highschool – 2016 Palmdale, CA, USA Senior, 3.6 GPAWork historyMarble and Granite – ( 2012 – Present) , Los Angeles County, CA (USA) I have assisted my father on severa... more 69
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 69
Andrew Miller Work historyLine Cook – ( 04/21/2015 – 08/12/2015) Bellevue Brewing Company, Bellevue, WA (USA) Large House! Fast paced and eclectic. Plenty of prep and closing experience.Night Shift Lead – ( 03/2013 ̵... more 70
- Cafeteria And Food Service Example 70
Uhaul (05/20/2014 – Present) Uhaul, Ocoee, FL, USA Operated the cash register and handled return or exchange requests. Described the financing options and handled the paperwork required for making a sale. Reconciled payments with ... more