Chefs and sommeliers possess extensive expertise in food and wine. Your resume should showcase your knowledge, along with your technical skills and interpersonal abilities. From your personal summary to your work experience, each section of your resume should include effective, detailed writing that promotes you as a top professional.
We have selected a wide variety of high-quality chef and sommelier resume templates that demonstrate how real-world professionals describe their qualifications. Reviewing them in conjunction with our resume tips can help you produce a submission that convinces employers you are the right person for the job.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Chef and Sommelier Experience
The same story can sound profoundly boring or riveting, depending on how the writer presents it, and your resume is no exception. Besides using our chef and sommelier resume templates, utilize dynamic action words to showcase your work experience section and keep employers reading.
Chefs use culinary techniques but also manage a kitchen team, order ingredients, and interact with customers. Here are some more examples of active descriptions that might appear on a good chef or sommelier resume:
• Explain the wine selection and advise customers based on their expressed tastes and the food they order
• Create menus, source ingredients, manage budgets, and plan advance prep work; develop and maintain relationships with vendors
• Supervise kitchen team to ensure food safety, high quality, and timely as well as accurate delivery of orders
• Listen to and resolve customer concerns or questions
• Stay current with relevant health and safety regulations to ensure compliance at all times
Chef and Sommelier Resume Tips
When looking at templates for inspiration, it is important to understand the reasons for their effectiveness. The chef and sommelier resume templates you see here implement several essential principles that every resume should incorporate. The following steps offer a simple yet highly effective way to grab a hiring manager's attention and make a positive impression:
1. Personalize Your Chef and Sommelier Resume: Invest the time and effort to customize your resume for each job you apply for. In addition to impressing employers, doing so can help you beat the ATS many companies use to sift through applications.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: You have only one chance to make a first impression, and your summary statement is it. This section should describe the foremost reasons why you are an excellent candidate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Employers need details to decide if your experience makes you a good fit for the job. Some examples include the size of your kitchen, your culinary style, and awards you received.
Chef and Sommelier Resume Templates
The chef and sommelier resume templates you find here come from professionals who have used them to land real jobs. While your own details will differ, good templates offer guidance and inspiration.
For more support, turn to a great resume builder. This tool makes organization and writing a cinch.
- Chef And Sommelier Example 1
d 10 yearsRetail/Customer Service, Experienced 9 yearsin many different cuisines, and comfortable in fast-paced environment · Knowledgeable of common safety and cleanliness standards · Excellent written and ... more 2
- Chef And Sommelier Example 2
Customer Service Person/Grocery Bagger (April 2007 – November 2007) Schnucks, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA Responsible for providing friendly and courteous customer service while bagging customers’ orders, assisting customers ... more 3
- Chef And Sommelier Example 3
may 2013 – currently employed / Emeritus, Westminster, MD lead chef Demonstrated cooks the preparation and presentation of food in services. Instructed the cooks about new cooking techniques. Coordinated the kitchen staff. Organized... more 4
- Chef And Sommelier Example 4
Sous Chef (07/10/10 – Currently)Garfrerick’s Cafe, Oxford , AL, United States Calculated costs of supplies. Demonstrated cooks the preparation and presentation of food in services. Designed menu and prices, keeping in mind... more 5
- Chef And Sommelier Example 5
. Work history Steward/Chef (Jan.9th 2013 – Mar.4th 2013 ) Coastal Villages Longliner LLC., 711 H St. Ste. 200 Anchorage, AK. 99501 Tel:(907) 278-5151, Dutch Harbor, Alaska, USA I was The Steward/Chef on Board The F/V North Cap... more 6
- Chef And Sommelier Example 6
Saute chef – ( September 24, 2010 – August 10, 2012) The Raven, New Hope, Bucks county, Pennsylvania (United States) Prepared different pies, tops, meringues and creams. Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of ... more 7
- Chef And Sommelier Example 7
Yellow Springs Brewery, Yellow Springs, OH (U.S.) Taproom Manager, March 2015 – Feb 2017 Responsibilities included all ordering, scheduling of employees and food trucks, line cleaning and a wide variety of maintenance. Wheat Penn... more 8
- Chef And Sommelier Example 8
Chef Apprentice (September, 2016 – Now)Sheraton Hotel, Overland Park, Kansas, United States Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Worked in live stations for banquets. Participate in pl... more 9
- Chef And Sommelier Example 9
executive chef – ( 5-2013 – 5-2014) Fanta sea resorts , Atlantic City,NJ, Atlantic City, NJ (USA) Designed food presentation. Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fruits to show them attractive to customers. Esta... more 10
- Chef And Sommelier Example 10
Pizza Chef – ( 09/08 – 08/12) Pizza Time, Coral Springs , FL Prepare dough, following recipe order and take delivery of supplies cook the exact number or items ordered by each customer, working on several different orders ... more