Whether you're looking for your first job in a professional kitchen or have years of experience on the line, you need a strong resume to showcase your skills and capabilities. Fortunately, you can find all the resources you need to write a resume right here.
Our tips and real-world cook resume templates can show you how to engage a reader, illuminate your most-impressive skills, and prove you're the best fit for the job. With our help, you can be landing interviews and heading to the kitchen in no time.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Cook Experience
When a hiring manager is probably only going to glance at your resume, it isn't enough to just include the right information. You need to sell your qualifications, and that means creating a strong skills section that uses action words and terms from the job listing. Get started with our cook resume template and these examples:
• Accept orders from servers, read them back accurately, and take note of any special instructions
• Cook appetizers and entrees according to station, following accepted kitchen protocol for safety, doneness, and plating elements
• Comply with all restaurant and state health organization requirements for handling food and cleaning kitchen surfaces
• Check finished plates for completeness and appearance, and assist servers with garnishing plates as necessary
• Assist head chef with taking inventory of kitchen supplies and food, contacting suppliers, and unloading deliveries
Cook Resume Tips
Once you've studied the format and content of our cook resume templates, it's not too hard to start writing and perfecting your own document. Remember to focus most on the details that are relevant to the job you want and leave out anything that's unrelated.
1. Personalize Your Cook Resume: Tailoring your resume to the exact job you want can help you stand out from other candidates. Use language from the job ad, and sell your qualifications confidently.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Add a few bullet points or a short paragraph to the top of your document. Showcase your top experiences and skills, and expand on them in other sections.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using generic language to describe your cooking experience and skills won't make you memorable. Instead, use strong action words to describe your accomplishments in the kitchen.
Cook Resume Templates
You can ensure your resume is ready to impress by comparing it to the high-quality samples in our library. Industry professionals have contributed all of our cook resume templates, so you can feel confident referencing them. For additional tools and assistance, check out our resume builder.
- Cook Example 1
cook 2, 6-1-07 – 12-25-07 cashe creek casino and resort , brooks ct, ca, united states Informed and explained the menu to customers Realized special cuts of meat following customers requirements. Calculated costs of supplies. Demon... more 2
- Cook Example 2
Trainer/Cook – ( July 2012 – October 2014) Buffalo Wild Wings, Goodyear , Arizona (US) Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Took drink and food orders from ... more 3
- Cook Example 3
Cook/Line Cook, June 2007 – Current All Team Staffing, Collinsville, IL, USA Temporarily fill in duties of missing team members Cook meal items to perfection for guest/patrons Execute and follow all safety regulations Maintain a sa... more 4
- Cook Example 4
Cook – ( April 2012 – Sept 2012) McDonalds, Ionia, MI Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Kept in excellent condition glasses, utensils and equipment. Maintained large quantities... more 5
- Cook Example 5
food Prep – ( 10-16-2009 – 07-21-2011) souper salad, Arlington , Texas (United states ) Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other recipes. Dealt with customer payments. Prepared different pies, to... more 6
- Cook Example 6
Cook, Lead – ( 12/18/2014 – 09/21/15) The Palms Theatre, Mesa, Az Production style cooking for a two island buffet setup, with a small ala cart menu, dinner theater. Prepped and cooked all meals for up to 350 guests a show... more 7
- Cook Example 7
03/1999 – 11/2000 / Papa John’s Pizza, Highlands Ranch, Colorado Store manager I ran the store. My duties included, but not limited to, making pizzas, dealing with customers, closing down registers, balancing daily books. 08... more 8
- Cook Example 8
d in maintaining product and stock levels, skilled at creating positive patron relationships, able to recruit, train, and supervise staff, proficient in assigning duties and scheduling shifts, excellent at ensuring quality food and service ... more 9
- Cook Example 9
driver (June 2013 – present) Custom Currier Solutions, Johnson City, New York, United States Operated diverse communication equipment. Supervised and coordinated daily shipping and receiving tasks such as packaging, shipping and d... more 10
- Cook Example 10
, La Quinta, CA (US) Cook/Closer, 03/25/2011 – 09/13/2012 Cleaned and stocked kitchen and serving work areas. Clean and prepared various foods for cooking and serving. Maintained clean food prep, dish washing, and dinning areas. C... more