Whether you're looking for your first job in a professional kitchen or have years of experience on the line, you need a strong resume to showcase your skills and capabilities. Fortunately, you can find all the resources you need to write a resume right here.
Our tips and real-world cook resume templates can show you how to engage a reader, illuminate your most-impressive skills, and prove you're the best fit for the job. With our help, you can be landing interviews and heading to the kitchen in no time.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Cook Experience
When a hiring manager is probably only going to glance at your resume, it isn't enough to just include the right information. You need to sell your qualifications, and that means creating a strong skills section that uses action words and terms from the job listing. Get started with our cook resume template and these examples:
• Accept orders from servers, read them back accurately, and take note of any special instructions
• Cook appetizers and entrees according to station, following accepted kitchen protocol for safety, doneness, and plating elements
• Comply with all restaurant and state health organization requirements for handling food and cleaning kitchen surfaces
• Check finished plates for completeness and appearance, and assist servers with garnishing plates as necessary
• Assist head chef with taking inventory of kitchen supplies and food, contacting suppliers, and unloading deliveries
Cook Resume Tips
Once you've studied the format and content of our cook resume templates, it's not too hard to start writing and perfecting your own document. Remember to focus most on the details that are relevant to the job you want and leave out anything that's unrelated.
1. Personalize Your Cook Resume: Tailoring your resume to the exact job you want can help you stand out from other candidates. Use language from the job ad, and sell your qualifications confidently.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Add a few bullet points or a short paragraph to the top of your document. Showcase your top experiences and skills, and expand on them in other sections.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using generic language to describe your cooking experience and skills won't make you memorable. Instead, use strong action words to describe your accomplishments in the kitchen.
Cook Resume Templates
You can ensure your resume is ready to impress by comparing it to the high-quality samples in our library. Industry professionals have contributed all of our cook resume templates, so you can feel confident referencing them. For additional tools and assistance, check out our resume builder.
- Cook Example 11
Innovative Catering, Leonardtown, Maryland 6/28/2013 – 8/20/2014 : Chef Prepared different pies, tops, meringues and creams. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Dealt with customer payment... more 12
- Cook Example 12
Thomas Zinn Objective Line Cook with experience in high-pressure culinary environments. Seeking to use culinary skills to prepare a special variety of dishes in a professional, rewarding environment. Skills , ServSafe certified – years ... more 13
- Cook Example 13
Sandwich Artist – ( 11-14 – 12-14) SubWay, Rochester, Indiana (USA) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment.... more 14
- Cook Example 14
Dish Washer/ Cook – ( Feb, 2015 – Sept, 2015) B’s Resturaunt , Chandler, Oklahoma (United States) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Kept in excellent condition glasses, ut... more 15
- Cook Example 15
rina xsic Work history Little Greek, Port Richey, FL (United States) Food Prep, 11/14 – 11/15 Perform a variety of food preparation duties other than cooking, such as preparing cold foods and hot foods, slicing meat, and brewing coff... more 16
- Cook Example 16
Dietary Cook – ( March 2014 – July 2014) The River Gardens Rehabilitation Center, Bullhead City, Arizona (USA) Prepared nourishing food for patients and residents paying strict attention to the diet plan spreadsheet. Super... more 17
- Cook Example 17
xtopher dy I have all around experience in the restaurant from FOH to BOH along with management experience.Customer service and kitchen cook/manager, Saute cook/ grill cook – 12 yearsMy areas of expertise lie in the kitchen.Sau... more 18
- Cook Example 18
Line Chef – ( September 2014 – August 2015) Craving Cajun Grill, Everett, Washington (United States) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and... more 19
- Cook Example 19
Cook – ( August 2011 – November 2013) Country Pride (TA), Richmond Hill, GA (United States) Prepared drinks and food ingredients. Talked with customers to help with doubts and to make sure of client’s satisfaction wit... more 20
- Cook Example 20
Kats Kitchen, Wellsville , Oh (Usa) Cook, 02/08 – 07/13 Prepared different pies, tops, meringues and creams. Determined variety and quantity of pastry to bake. Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other r... more