Whether you're looking for your first job in a professional kitchen or have years of experience on the line, you need a strong resume to showcase your skills and capabilities. Fortunately, you can find all the resources you need to write a resume right here.
Our tips and real-world cook resume templates can show you how to engage a reader, illuminate your most-impressive skills, and prove you're the best fit for the job. With our help, you can be landing interviews and heading to the kitchen in no time.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Cook Experience
When a hiring manager is probably only going to glance at your resume, it isn't enough to just include the right information. You need to sell your qualifications, and that means creating a strong skills section that uses action words and terms from the job listing. Get started with our cook resume template and these examples:
• Accept orders from servers, read them back accurately, and take note of any special instructions
• Cook appetizers and entrees according to station, following accepted kitchen protocol for safety, doneness, and plating elements
• Comply with all restaurant and state health organization requirements for handling food and cleaning kitchen surfaces
• Check finished plates for completeness and appearance, and assist servers with garnishing plates as necessary
• Assist head chef with taking inventory of kitchen supplies and food, contacting suppliers, and unloading deliveries
Cook Resume Tips
Once you've studied the format and content of our cook resume templates, it's not too hard to start writing and perfecting your own document. Remember to focus most on the details that are relevant to the job you want and leave out anything that's unrelated.
1. Personalize Your Cook Resume: Tailoring your resume to the exact job you want can help you stand out from other candidates. Use language from the job ad, and sell your qualifications confidently.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Add a few bullet points or a short paragraph to the top of your document. Showcase your top experiences and skills, and expand on them in other sections.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using generic language to describe your cooking experience and skills won't make you memorable. Instead, use strong action words to describe your accomplishments in the kitchen.
Cook Resume Templates
You can ensure your resume is ready to impress by comparing it to the high-quality samples in our library. Industry professionals have contributed all of our cook resume templates, so you can feel confident referencing them. For additional tools and assistance, check out our resume builder.
- Cook Example 21
Server, 07/2016 – Current Applebee’s, Metthews , North Carolina, United States Dealt with customer payments. Kept in excellent condition glasses, utensils and bar equipment. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed... more 22
- Cook Example 22
Line Cook – ( April of 2012 – Present) Weary Traveler Freehouse, Madison, Wisconsin (United States) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Informed and explained the menu to customer... more 23
- Cook Example 23
David Still III Education and TrainingLake Havasu High School – 2014 Lake Havasu City, Arizona, United States General, Computer Tech, Graduation High School DiplomaWork historyDishwasher – ( July 5th – August 16th) De... more 24
- Cook Example 24
Two Guys Grill, Lumberton, NC – North Carolina 04/06 – 09/14 : Head Cook Cleaned the working area and equipment. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Took drink and food or... more 25
- Cook Example 25
Line cook (June 1995 – November 2001)Ciao bella, Boston, Ma, Usa Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other recipes. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail prod... more 26
- Cook Example 26
Chef /Hospitality Coordinator – ( 2002 – 2014) Westbury Music Fair, Long Island, NY Preparation of all meals including a complete range of specialty dietary needs such as Vegetarian, Vegan, Macrobiotic and Gluten free. Pl... more 27
- Cook Example 27
years Prep Cooking, Steaks,other Meats,Poultry, Fish, and Side dishes., 12 Years Experience years Sanitization, Clean work Environment, Above and Beyond standard, 12 Years Experience years Bartending, Drink making, Pouring, 1 year years... more 28
- Cook Example 28
Cook, Kitchen Lead, Assistant Kitchen Manager – ( March 2002 – Current) O’Charley’s Inc., Lexington, Kentucky (USA) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Real... more 29
- Cook Example 29
xota blad Education and Training GED, College Prep Westfield High School, 2009, Westfield, Massachusetts (United States) GED aquired in 2009 Work History Assistant Lead Auditor (April 2009 – October 2010) C&S Wholesale Food D... more 30
- Cook Example 30
xnett xobs Objective My objective is to gain a part-time position with your company, and become an essential part of the team. I work very well with others and can adapt very quickly to new things. Work history June 2012 – December 31 ... more