Whether you're looking for your first job in a professional kitchen or have years of experience on the line, you need a strong resume to showcase your skills and capabilities. Fortunately, you can find all the resources you need to write a resume right here.
Our tips and real-world cook resume templates can show you how to engage a reader, illuminate your most-impressive skills, and prove you're the best fit for the job. With our help, you can be landing interviews and heading to the kitchen in no time.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Cook Experience
When a hiring manager is probably only going to glance at your resume, it isn't enough to just include the right information. You need to sell your qualifications, and that means creating a strong skills section that uses action words and terms from the job listing. Get started with our cook resume template and these examples:
• Accept orders from servers, read them back accurately, and take note of any special instructions
• Cook appetizers and entrees according to station, following accepted kitchen protocol for safety, doneness, and plating elements
• Comply with all restaurant and state health organization requirements for handling food and cleaning kitchen surfaces
• Check finished plates for completeness and appearance, and assist servers with garnishing plates as necessary
• Assist head chef with taking inventory of kitchen supplies and food, contacting suppliers, and unloading deliveries
Cook Resume Tips
Once you've studied the format and content of our cook resume templates, it's not too hard to start writing and perfecting your own document. Remember to focus most on the details that are relevant to the job you want and leave out anything that's unrelated.
1. Personalize Your Cook Resume: Tailoring your resume to the exact job you want can help you stand out from other candidates. Use language from the job ad, and sell your qualifications confidently.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Add a few bullet points or a short paragraph to the top of your document. Showcase your top experiences and skills, and expand on them in other sections.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using generic language to describe your cooking experience and skills won't make you memorable. Instead, use strong action words to describe your accomplishments in the kitchen.
Cook Resume Templates
You can ensure your resume is ready to impress by comparing it to the high-quality samples in our library. Industry professionals have contributed all of our cook resume templates, so you can feel confident referencing them. For additional tools and assistance, check out our resume builder.
- Cook Example 31
Fork Lift Operator/ Yard Dog Driver (10/2013 – 11/2014)Next Generation Films, Lexington, Ohio, United States Operated forklift truck to pile and retrieve diverse materials and supplies following the company regulations. Coordina... more 32
- Cook Example 32
cook/cashier – ( Aug, 2015 – Nov, 2015) Kfc/Taco bell, Portland, Indiana Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Kept in excellent condition glasses, utensils and bar equipment. Prepared and s... more 33
- Cook Example 33
Line Cook – ( 11/2013 – 08/2014) Bev’s on the River, Sioux City, Iowa (USA) Demonstrated cooks the preparation and presentation of food in services. Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fruits to show them ... more 34
- Cook Example 34
Cashier and Waiter – ( 04/2012 – 06/2014) Hardee’s, Chattanooga, Tennessee (Hamilton) -Talked with customers to help with doubts and to make sure of client’s satisfaction with the food and with the service. -Cle... more 35
- Cook Example 35
d – 10Grill, Experienced – 10Baking, Experienced – 10Saute, Experienced – 10Recipe Following , Master – 10ExperienceLead Cook – Nana Management Systems 08/01/2014 – 12/16/2016... more 36
- Cook Example 36
Oldendorff Carriers GmbH & Co. KG, Luvec, germany (Germany) Chief Cook, 2015 – 2017 Prepared different pies, tops, meringues and creams. Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other recipes. Cleaned g... more 37
- Cook Example 37
an lano Objective To work in a fast paced information rich environment with room to grow, alongside hardworking people. To expand my knowledge of an art form, that can translate to a vast majority of individuals. To practice leadership skill... more 38
- Cook Example 38
Womens club of San Atonio , San Antonio, Texas (United States) wedding setter, 3/12/2009 – 4/27/20011 When I worked at the women’s club of San Antonio I was a wedding setter.My duties were to clean sweep,mop, and set up th... more 39
- Cook Example 39
Line Cook – ( feb.2012 – mar.2013) South beach grill, wrightsville Bech, NC (USA) Designed food presentation. Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fruits to show them attractive to customers. Inspected equipment ... more 40
- Cook Example 40
Pizza Maker (August 2015 – December 2015)Cecil Whittakers, St. Louis, Missouri, United States Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared drinks and food ingredients.Education Chr... more