Whether you're looking for your first job in a professional kitchen or have years of experience on the line, you need a strong resume to showcase your skills and capabilities. Fortunately, you can find all the resources you need to write a resume right here.
Our tips and real-world cook resume templates can show you how to engage a reader, illuminate your most-impressive skills, and prove you're the best fit for the job. With our help, you can be landing interviews and heading to the kitchen in no time.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Cook Experience
When a hiring manager is probably only going to glance at your resume, it isn't enough to just include the right information. You need to sell your qualifications, and that means creating a strong skills section that uses action words and terms from the job listing. Get started with our cook resume template and these examples:
• Accept orders from servers, read them back accurately, and take note of any special instructions
• Cook appetizers and entrees according to station, following accepted kitchen protocol for safety, doneness, and plating elements
• Comply with all restaurant and state health organization requirements for handling food and cleaning kitchen surfaces
• Check finished plates for completeness and appearance, and assist servers with garnishing plates as necessary
• Assist head chef with taking inventory of kitchen supplies and food, contacting suppliers, and unloading deliveries
Cook Resume Tips
Once you've studied the format and content of our cook resume templates, it's not too hard to start writing and perfecting your own document. Remember to focus most on the details that are relevant to the job you want and leave out anything that's unrelated.
1. Personalize Your Cook Resume: Tailoring your resume to the exact job you want can help you stand out from other candidates. Use language from the job ad, and sell your qualifications confidently.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Add a few bullet points or a short paragraph to the top of your document. Showcase your top experiences and skills, and expand on them in other sections.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Using generic language to describe your cooking experience and skills won't make you memorable. Instead, use strong action words to describe your accomplishments in the kitchen.
Cook Resume Templates
You can ensure your resume is ready to impress by comparing it to the high-quality samples in our library. Industry professionals have contributed all of our cook resume templates, so you can feel confident referencing them. For additional tools and assistance, check out our resume builder.
- Cook Example 41
Nasyer LeBlanc Work historyAssistant Manager – Dunkin’ Donuts March 2014 – Present // Lawrence (United States) Supervise employees, process daily cash, handle any customer service issuesEducation and TrainingBachelors ... more 42
- Cook Example 42
BOH- grill cook , certified trainer – ( 12/2004 – 06/2014) logans roadhouse, ft.oglethorpe, ga (united states) Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other recipes. Cleaned freezers and heating equip... more 43
- Cook Example 43
do xico Education and Training BA, Liberal Studies SUNY Purchase, 2016, Purchase, New York (United States) Certification, TV/Video Production Rockland BOCES, 2010, New City, New York (United States) Certifications Technical certification ... more 44
- Cook Example 44
Matthew Prekop Education and TrainingShawsheen Technical High School – 2010 Billerica, MA – Massachusetts, United States Plumbing, Diploma High School DiplomaUmass Lowell – 2017 lowell, Massachusetts, United States Cr... more 45
- Cook Example 45
Sarahi Mercado Education and Training Universidad Del Este, Current Student, CarolinaPuerto Rico Associate of Science in Culinary Arts, Culinary Arts The Associate Degree program in Science in Culinary Arts combines a supervisory base with p... more 46
- Cook Example 46
All Team Staffing, Collinsville, IL June 2007 – Current : Cook/ Line Cook Temporarily fill in duties of missing team members Cook meal items to perfection for guest/ patrons Maintain a safe and clean environment Savlation Army ARC,... more 47
- Cook Example 47
Cook/Prep Cook – New Season Market 2004 – 2017 // Portland (USA) Offered information about the restaurant specialties. Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fruits to show them attractive to customers. Kept contac... more 48
- Cook Example 48
Line Cook – ( 5/1/2010 – 10/14/2011) Bridges Restaurant, Aberdeen, Washington (United States) Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Kept in excellent condition glasses, utensils and... more 49
- Cook Example 49
united employment agency (Barney’s New York)), Lyndhurst , NJ (United States ) warehouse clerk, march 2015 – current recieving deliveries and making sure orders are complete. preparing outgoing orders making sure there are n... more 50
- Cook Example 50
Supervisor – ( 12/2013 – 2/2014) Sodexo, Thibodaux, Louisiana (USA) Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other recipes. Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Realize... more