If you're seeking work as a host/hostess, you understand that your resume should convey your strengths in customer service and organization. But what is the best way to convey your abilities? Our host/hostess resume templates contain real-world examples submitted by users to help you develop content and formatting for your own document. With a little time and effort, you can create a submission that extols your best qualities and makes it obvious you're the best candidate for the job.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Host/Hostess Experience
When your chance at a first impression is a written document, how you write can be just as important as what you choose to say. Include keywords from the job posting in your own document, and utilize strong action words when describing your previous job duties. Our library of host/hostess resume templates contains many examples of great phrasing.
• Maintain friendly and professional demeanor, greet customers promptly, make every guest feel welcome, adhere to wait policies
• Inform newly-arrived customers of any wait time, manage the line, and seat guests effectively
• Escort guests to available tables, provide menus, advise of promotions or daily specials, maintain knowledge of menu
• Answer phone promptly and courteously, maintain operation information such as hours, location, and reservation procedure
• Setup and stock the host/hostess station at entrance, clean and keep guest waiting area neat
Host/Hostess Resume Tips
There are a few simple techniques you can use when writing a resume to add a professional touch that impresses hiring managers. Our host/hostess resume templates provide a great foundation on which to build your own document, but it's important to customize your resume so it truly represents you.
1. Personalize Your Host/Hostess Resume: Different job posting may have different phrasing or emphasis, and your resume should reflect that. Update your writing to mirror the tone and language used in the ad with each new application.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Remember that your resume is your first impression, and it has to be a quick one. Hiring managers are likely to spend only six seconds on your document, so be memorable with an impactful summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Go into detail about your previous job responsibilities. For example, don't just say "cleaned kitchen." Specify whether you wiped counters, emptied the fridge, or mopped floors. This can illustrate your capabilities to a potential employer.
Host/Hostess Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of host/hostess resume templates submitted by actual users. Learn from real-world professionals as you craft your own document. If you're still unsure of where to start, My Perfect Resume offers an award-winning resume builder to assist you.
- Host/Hostess Example 1
Jordan Doyle Education and TrainingCanandaigua Academy – 2014 Canandaigua, NY, USA High School classes and some AP classes, High school diploma in June I am still attending high school in Canandaigua and will be graduating in June.... more 2
- Host/Hostess Example 2
Crew Member/Baker (November 2013 – April 2014 )Cinnabon , Spokane, Wa, USA Dealt with customer payments. Determined variety and quantity of pastry to bake. Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other rec... more 3
- Host/Hostess Example 3
James Forkin Education and TrainingHightstown High School – 2003 Hightstown, NJ, usa n/a, diploma High School DiplomaChadron State College – n/a Chadron, NE, USA Computer Science, n/a 2 years college studyDivers Academ... more 4
- Host/Hostess Example 4
Annie Thacker EducationMalibu High School – 2013 Malibu , CA, USA All fields, High School Diploma High School DiplomaCalifornia Polytechnic State University – 2017 San Luis Obispo, CA, USA Psychology , Bachelors In the p... more 5
- Host/Hostess Example 5
Eliza Seirup Community service The first Monday of every month, I volunteer and help serve dinner to the homeless in Bridgeport. For three years in High School, i went on a mission trip with my church to West Virginia. We helped repair houses t... more 6
- Host/Hostess Example 6
Host – ( May 29th 2015 – November 2015) Pelicans Restaraunt, El Paso, Texas (United States) Dealt with customer payments. Seating Customers Cleaned the working area and equipment.Dishwasher – ( January 2016 –... more 7
- Host/Hostess Example 7
little blossom montessori, 8/18/2016 – present preschool, natomas, California, usa Read to children and taught them drawing, songs, and handicrafts. Taught children healthy and personal routines such as eating, toilet habits and re... more 8
- Host/Hostess Example 8
Peek n’ Peak, Clymer, NY 12/1/14 – 4/1/15 : Hostess/Cashier Dealt with customer payments. Arranged take out orders. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Informed and explained the menu to customers Welcomed guests and seat ... more 9
- Host/Hostess Example 9
Hostess (01/12 – 04/14) Boston Beef and Seafood, Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States Welcomed guests and seat them at tables. Talked with customers to help with doubts and to make sure of client’s satisfaction with the food ... more 10
- Host/Hostess Example 10
Cashier (September 2014 – Current)Golden Corral, Chesapeake, VA, United States Dealt with customer payments. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Calculated costs of supplies.Bow Technician/ Sales Associate (... more