If you're seeking work as a host/hostess, you understand that your resume should convey your strengths in customer service and organization. But what is the best way to convey your abilities? Our host/hostess resume templates contain real-world examples submitted by users to help you develop content and formatting for your own document. With a little time and effort, you can create a submission that extols your best qualities and makes it obvious you're the best candidate for the job.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Host/Hostess Experience
When your chance at a first impression is a written document, how you write can be just as important as what you choose to say. Include keywords from the job posting in your own document, and utilize strong action words when describing your previous job duties. Our library of host/hostess resume templates contains many examples of great phrasing.
• Maintain friendly and professional demeanor, greet customers promptly, make every guest feel welcome, adhere to wait policies
• Inform newly-arrived customers of any wait time, manage the line, and seat guests effectively
• Escort guests to available tables, provide menus, advise of promotions or daily specials, maintain knowledge of menu
• Answer phone promptly and courteously, maintain operation information such as hours, location, and reservation procedure
• Setup and stock the host/hostess station at entrance, clean and keep guest waiting area neat
Host/Hostess Resume Tips
There are a few simple techniques you can use when writing a resume to add a professional touch that impresses hiring managers. Our host/hostess resume templates provide a great foundation on which to build your own document, but it's important to customize your resume so it truly represents you.
1. Personalize Your Host/Hostess Resume: Different job posting may have different phrasing or emphasis, and your resume should reflect that. Update your writing to mirror the tone and language used in the ad with each new application.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Remember that your resume is your first impression, and it has to be a quick one. Hiring managers are likely to spend only six seconds on your document, so be memorable with an impactful summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Go into detail about your previous job responsibilities. For example, don't just say "cleaned kitchen." Specify whether you wiped counters, emptied the fridge, or mopped floors. This can illustrate your capabilities to a potential employer.
Host/Hostess Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of host/hostess resume templates submitted by actual users. Learn from real-world professionals as you craft your own document. If you're still unsure of where to start, My Perfect Resume offers an award-winning resume builder to assist you.
- Host/Hostess Example 11
barista – ( may 2012 – august 2012) starbucks, nashville , TN (US) Dealt with customer payments. Prepared drinks and food ingredients. Inspected equipment and work areas to guarantee they fulfill the established sanitary an... more 12
- Host/Hostess Example 12
Sales Assistant, December 2012 – January 2014 Alpha and Omega, Fort Mill, SC, US Dealt with the cash register, returns and exchange requests. Organized items, controlled inventory and cleaned the store. Assisted customers and ans... more 13
- Host/Hostess Example 13
Hostess (DEC 2015 – July 2016)Morimoto, Napa, CA, US Talked with customers to help with doubts and to make sure of client’s satisfaction with the food and with the service. Welcomed guests and seat them at tables. Informed... more 14
- Host/Hostess Example 14
Retail – Pinchapenny (08/14/15/08/16/16) Pembroke Pines, Florida (United States) Was a sales representative at pinchapenny for a year. I became the top employee at my store. Knowing all the chemicals by heart,Respond to the custo... more 15
- Host/Hostess Example 15
Front Desk Manager – The Gardens Café by Kathy G. January, 2015 – Now // Birmingham () Assigned servers to tables. Answered phone calls to record event inquiries. Arranged customers’ reservations. Processed customer ... more 16
- Host/Hostess Example 16
Busser/Hostess – Orchard Lake Country Club 10/7/2015 – – // Orchard Lake (United States) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Kept in excellent condition glasses, utensils and bar equipment. Prepared and served all... more 17
- Host/Hostess Example 17
Cashier/host – ( August 2013 – Present) Chipotle Mexican Grill, Jacksonville, FL (USA) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Kept in excellent condition glasses, utensils and bar equipment. T... more 18
- Host/Hostess Example 18
Server/Kitchen Helper – ( 09/06/2013 – Present) Resort Lifestyle Communities, Bartlett, Tennessee (United States) Welcomed guests and residents and seat them at tables. Bussed tables quickly and efficiently as needed throug... more 19
- Host/Hostess Example 19
xven ch Education and Training Basic Academy Of International Studies, 2017, HendersonNevada, United States foreign language, n/a As of August of 2015 I am a Junior at Basic Academy in Henderson Nevada. I take my education rather seriousl... more 20
- Host/Hostess Example 20
Hostess – ( July 2013 – June 2014) Salsa 17, Arlington Heights , IL (USA) Dealt with customer payments. Welcomed guests and seat them at tables. Kept contact with cookers, serving staff and patrons to meet client requireme... more