If you're seeking work as a host/hostess, you understand that your resume should convey your strengths in customer service and organization. But what is the best way to convey your abilities? Our host/hostess resume templates contain real-world examples submitted by users to help you develop content and formatting for your own document. With a little time and effort, you can create a submission that extols your best qualities and makes it obvious you're the best candidate for the job.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Host/Hostess Experience
When your chance at a first impression is a written document, how you write can be just as important as what you choose to say. Include keywords from the job posting in your own document, and utilize strong action words when describing your previous job duties. Our library of host/hostess resume templates contains many examples of great phrasing.
• Maintain friendly and professional demeanor, greet customers promptly, make every guest feel welcome, adhere to wait policies
• Inform newly-arrived customers of any wait time, manage the line, and seat guests effectively
• Escort guests to available tables, provide menus, advise of promotions or daily specials, maintain knowledge of menu
• Answer phone promptly and courteously, maintain operation information such as hours, location, and reservation procedure
• Setup and stock the host/hostess station at entrance, clean and keep guest waiting area neat
Host/Hostess Resume Tips
There are a few simple techniques you can use when writing a resume to add a professional touch that impresses hiring managers. Our host/hostess resume templates provide a great foundation on which to build your own document, but it's important to customize your resume so it truly represents you.
1. Personalize Your Host/Hostess Resume: Different job posting may have different phrasing or emphasis, and your resume should reflect that. Update your writing to mirror the tone and language used in the ad with each new application.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Remember that your resume is your first impression, and it has to be a quick one. Hiring managers are likely to spend only six seconds on your document, so be memorable with an impactful summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Go into detail about your previous job responsibilities. For example, don't just say "cleaned kitchen." Specify whether you wiped counters, emptied the fridge, or mopped floors. This can illustrate your capabilities to a potential employer.
Host/Hostess Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of host/hostess resume templates submitted by actual users. Learn from real-world professionals as you craft your own document. If you're still unsure of where to start, My Perfect Resume offers an award-winning resume builder to assist you.
- Host/Hostess Example 31
ry ke Education and Training , Traverse City Central High School, 2017, Traverse City, MI (United States) High School diploma excepted May, 2017. Awards Received high academic achievement award for Freshman year. Current Grade Point Avera... more 32
- Host/Hostess Example 32
Mehak Sandhawalia Objective Seeking part time position as a cashier of hostess at your workplace. Education and Training Vincent massey colegiate , Winnipeg , Manitoba , , Coursework in Leadership, Retailing and Communications. Constant reci... more 33
- Host/Hostess Example 33
Volunteer (10/20/2016 – Present)NHS, Sierra Vista, Arizona, United States Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Informed and explained the menu... more 34
- Host/Hostess Example 34
Housekeeping (11/22/2013 – 11/25/2014) St Therese Nursing Home, New Hope , MN, USA Making Beds,Dusting,Cleaning,restock bathing,vacuuming floors Home Health Aide (8/18/2009 – 10/30/2010) TLC Home Care, St Paul, MN, USA Ba... more 35
- Host/Hostess Example 35
support clerk 2 (october 5,2005 – octorber 25,2011) epic management, redlands, california, usa Processed medical records requests,assisted patients with short term disability forms,received in coming calls from patients regarding ... more 36
- Host/Hostess Example 36
Pathmaker Intern, November 2015 – July 2016 Palomar Health Center, Escondido, CA Posted in the oncology department; tasks include: basic patient care, food services, and helping nurses with their daily chores.Pathmaker Intern,... more 37
- Host/Hostess Example 37
Maitre D – ( June 2012 – November 2013) Katsuya, Miami Beach, FL Provided superior dining service to all patrons,; greeted and efficiently seated guests; scheduled and confirmed dining reservations using OpenTable; develop... more 38
- Host/Hostess Example 38
Pharmacy Technician (November 2015 – August 2016)Publix Pharmacy, Flowery Branch, Georgia, United States Advised customers on medications. Provided information about drugs, especially about dosing and therapy. Administered pres... more 39
- Host/Hostess Example 39
Waitress – ( August 2014 – December 2014) Applebees, Jacksonville, North Carolina (USA) Greeted guest as they arrived at the restaurant. Helped assist co-workers when they had a large number of guest to serve. Made sure tha... more 40
- Host/Hostess Example 40
ander xman SkillsGood Listener , Exceptional – 15 yearsQuick Thinker, Exceptional – 15 yearsGreat Memory, Great – 15 yearsComputer Knowledge, Exceptional – 15 yearsLanguagesEnglish, Excellent : ... more