If you're seeking work as a host/hostess, you understand that your resume should convey your strengths in customer service and organization. But what is the best way to convey your abilities? Our host/hostess resume templates contain real-world examples submitted by users to help you develop content and formatting for your own document. With a little time and effort, you can create a submission that extols your best qualities and makes it obvious you're the best candidate for the job.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Host/Hostess Experience
When your chance at a first impression is a written document, how you write can be just as important as what you choose to say. Include keywords from the job posting in your own document, and utilize strong action words when describing your previous job duties. Our library of host/hostess resume templates contains many examples of great phrasing.
• Maintain friendly and professional demeanor, greet customers promptly, make every guest feel welcome, adhere to wait policies
• Inform newly-arrived customers of any wait time, manage the line, and seat guests effectively
• Escort guests to available tables, provide menus, advise of promotions or daily specials, maintain knowledge of menu
• Answer phone promptly and courteously, maintain operation information such as hours, location, and reservation procedure
• Setup and stock the host/hostess station at entrance, clean and keep guest waiting area neat
Host/Hostess Resume Tips
There are a few simple techniques you can use when writing a resume to add a professional touch that impresses hiring managers. Our host/hostess resume templates provide a great foundation on which to build your own document, but it's important to customize your resume so it truly represents you.
1. Personalize Your Host/Hostess Resume: Different job posting may have different phrasing or emphasis, and your resume should reflect that. Update your writing to mirror the tone and language used in the ad with each new application.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Remember that your resume is your first impression, and it has to be a quick one. Hiring managers are likely to spend only six seconds on your document, so be memorable with an impactful summary statement.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Go into detail about your previous job responsibilities. For example, don't just say "cleaned kitchen." Specify whether you wiped counters, emptied the fridge, or mopped floors. This can illustrate your capabilities to a potential employer.
Host/Hostess Resume Templates
Take a look at our library of host/hostess resume templates submitted by actual users. Learn from real-world professionals as you craft your own document. If you're still unsure of where to start, My Perfect Resume offers an award-winning resume builder to assist you.
- Host/Hostess Example 41
ria xver Education and Training N/A, N/A Smiths Station High School, 2018, Smiths Station, Alabama (United States) I am in AP History, English, Math, and Science. I was also a part of Beta Club. I have been on A&B Honor Roll for several... more 42
- Host/Hostess Example 42
To Go Specialist/ Host , 2/16 – 8/16 Chili’s Grill and Bar , Orlando , FL (USA ) Took customer orders from phone, the web and in store. Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served... more 43
- Host/Hostess Example 43
Kennel worker – E&E kennels January 2009 – December 2013 // Stony Plain (Canada) Responsible for letting dogs outside, feeding, cleaning up after them, taking care of all basic necessitites. Sanitized entire kennel and... more 44
- Host/Hostess Example 44
Deli Clerk – ( 04/15 – current) Fruit Fair, Chicopee, Ma (USA) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu to customers Realized special cuts of meat fo... more 45
- Host/Hostess Example 45
Kitchen Staff – ( June 8 2015 – August 10 2015) Honey Rock Camp, Three Lakes, WI (USA) Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered and received suppl... more 46
- Host/Hostess Example 46
Ireland Jenkins Skills Organized worker with strong time management skills,and also has high energy andpositive guest relations., Helping Customers, 1 year Work HistoryHostess and Cashier – ( March 5, 2015 – October 10, 2015) Chic... more 47
- Host/Hostess Example 47
Cashier, August, 2014 – June, 2015 Chick-fil-a, Savannah, GA () – Take orders and make drinks/ice cream – Bag orders – Refill sweet tea, lemonade, coffee, ice cream – Clean the front, clean dishes and equipm... more 48
- Host/Hostess Example 48
Abigail Schellinger Education and TrainingCario Middle – 2013 Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States Medicine, – B in Biomedical Science A in Fashion, Fabric, and Design A in HealthWork historyBabysitting – ( 2... more 49
- Host/Hostess Example 49
Server – ( June 2011 – July 2014) Smith’s Cafe, New Port Richey, Florida (USA) Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu to custome... more 50
- Host/Hostess Example 50
Cashier/Waitress (October, 2011 – January, 2012)Toms Burgers, Lancaster, California, USA Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Kept in excellen... more