You know that the keys to being an excellent server include interacting well with guests and delivering orders quickly and efficiently. Focus your resume on these vital skills to impress a hiring manager and show him or her you have everything it takes to succeed.
Simply listing your restaurant experience on your document isn't enough. You need to organize your information well and understand how to write a resume in a confident and engaging manner. Utilize our real-world waiter and server resume templates and expert advice to craft your own effective document.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Waiter and Server Experience
Including your experience as a restaurant server on your resume is about more than just adding in the right information; you need to describe it in a way that convinces a hiring manager you can succeed. You can upgrade your writing by incorporating strong action words, like those in our waiter and server resume templates. Pull terms from the job listing, and take note of these examples:
• Communicate effectively with customers, answering questions about the menu, describing daily specials, and taking food and beverage orders
• Provide suggestions to patrons based on their questions and special requests relating to food allergies and dietary restrictions
• Relay food and drink order information accurately to the kitchen staff and enter details into the POS system
• Deliver food to customers quickly and efficiently, taking care to serve all patrons at each table together
• Prepare complete itemized checks for each table (splitting tables into separate checks when necessary) and process payments
Waiter and Server Resume Tips
After reviewing the formatting and content of the waiter and server resume templates, you can start perfecting your own document. Strengthen your resume by turning your work history duties into accomplishments. Follow these simple steps to take your document to the next level.
1. Personalize Your Waiter and Server Resume: Don't just submit a generic resume for each application. Instead, tailor the language and focus of your document to match closely with the job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most hiring managers only skim through resumes, so you need to make an impact right away. Start your document with a bold and confident pitch describing why you're the ideal candidate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To impress a hiring manager, you need to help him or her understand all the benefits you'd bring to the restaurant. Include some brief stories of your previous career accomplishments to showcase your value.
Waiter and Server Resume Templates
If you're ready to go after that server position you want, the first step is creating an eye-catching resume. Review the examples in our collection of waiter and server resume templates, all of which come from real-world restaurant professionals. For step-by-step assistance, access our resume builder.
- Waiter And Server Example 1
waiter / server (junio/2013 – present)Cracker Barrel , Pembroke Pines, FL, United States Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind... more 2
- Waiter And Server Example 2
Bartender, August 2013 – February 2014 The Oriole, Key West, Florida, USA Dealt with customer payments. Kept in excellent condition glasses, utensils and bar equipment. Prepared cocktails and other drinks.Waiter and Server, O... more 3
- Waiter And Server Example 3
Decorator – ( 1 May 2011 – 1 Aug 2011) The Cakery, Southlake, Texas (United States) Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other recipes. Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and eq... more 4
- Waiter And Server Example 4
Manager – ( 1999 – 2015) McDonalds, New York, New York (North America) Prepared different pies, tops, meringues and creams. Controlled the work of the bartenders team. Established a proper production chain and organized st... more 5
- Waiter And Server Example 5
xila czyk ObjectiveEnergetic, bilingual team player offering a positive attitude and flexible schedule.Education– (2016) Mountain Ridge High School – Phoenix // AZ (United States)Professional SummaryI am a hard... more 6
- Waiter And Server Example 6
Barista (June 20,2013 – August 20, 2013)Starbucks, Lakeland, fl Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. T... more 7
- Waiter And Server Example 7
Server (June 2013 – present)FIRST WATCH, Brandon, Florida, USA Informed and explained the menu to customers Took drink and food orders from customers. Dealt with customer payments. Offered information about the restaurant specia... more 8
- Waiter And Server Example 8
American Latino Deli Cafe, Mount Kisco, NY (United States lf ) Manager/Cashier, August 2014 – December 2016 Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the m... more 9
- Waiter And Server Example 9
Bookkeeper/Cashier (05/2012 – current)Carrot Tree Kitchens, Williamsburg, Virginia, USA Bookkeeping, human resource and other administrative duties. Maintained clean and organized retail area, cashed out customers, reconciled ca... more 10
- Waiter And Server Example 10
Arturo Joe’s, Narragansett , Rhode Island January 2013 – May 2015 : Server Dealt with customer payments. Offered information about the restaurant specialties. Arranged customers’ reservations. Kept contact with cookers, ... more