You know that the keys to being an excellent server include interacting well with guests and delivering orders quickly and efficiently. Focus your resume on these vital skills to impress a hiring manager and show him or her you have everything it takes to succeed.
Simply listing your restaurant experience on your document isn't enough. You need to organize your information well and understand how to write a resume in a confident and engaging manner. Utilize our real-world waiter and server resume templates and expert advice to craft your own effective document.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Waiter and Server Experience
Including your experience as a restaurant server on your resume is about more than just adding in the right information; you need to describe it in a way that convinces a hiring manager you can succeed. You can upgrade your writing by incorporating strong action words, like those in our waiter and server resume templates. Pull terms from the job listing, and take note of these examples:
• Communicate effectively with customers, answering questions about the menu, describing daily specials, and taking food and beverage orders
• Provide suggestions to patrons based on their questions and special requests relating to food allergies and dietary restrictions
• Relay food and drink order information accurately to the kitchen staff and enter details into the POS system
• Deliver food to customers quickly and efficiently, taking care to serve all patrons at each table together
• Prepare complete itemized checks for each table (splitting tables into separate checks when necessary) and process payments
Waiter and Server Resume Tips
After reviewing the formatting and content of the waiter and server resume templates, you can start perfecting your own document. Strengthen your resume by turning your work history duties into accomplishments. Follow these simple steps to take your document to the next level.
1. Personalize Your Waiter and Server Resume: Don't just submit a generic resume for each application. Instead, tailor the language and focus of your document to match closely with the job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most hiring managers only skim through resumes, so you need to make an impact right away. Start your document with a bold and confident pitch describing why you're the ideal candidate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To impress a hiring manager, you need to help him or her understand all the benefits you'd bring to the restaurant. Include some brief stories of your previous career accomplishments to showcase your value.
Waiter and Server Resume Templates
If you're ready to go after that server position you want, the first step is creating an eye-catching resume. Review the examples in our collection of waiter and server resume templates, all of which come from real-world restaurant professionals. For step-by-step assistance, access our resume builder.
- Waiter And Server Example 11
server – ( 1991 – 1993) Stuart Andersons Black Angus, Alhambra, Ca (USA) Prepared different pies, tops, meringues and creams. Determined variety and quantity of pastry to bake. Prepared dough and batters to make different k... more 12
- Waiter And Server Example 12
server – ( 07/13 – 03/13) waffle house, Orlando, Florida (orange) Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu to customers. Established a proper production chain and organized staff to ensure ... more 13
- Waiter And Server Example 13
Server, Host, To-Go, Guest Assistant, Sales Director – ( April 2014 – Currently Employed) Firebirds Woodfired Grill, Phoenix, Arizona (United States) Dealt with customer payments. Took drink and food orders from customers.... more 14
- Waiter And Server Example 14
Just Desserts, Auburn, NY (USA) Baker/Server, April 2013 – February 2015 Dealt with customer payments. Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other recipes. Prepared different pies, tops, meringues and crea... more 15
- Waiter And Server Example 15
server, 2014 – 2017 redlobster, tampa, Florida (United States) Talked with customers to help with doubts and to make sure of client’s satisfaction with the food and with the service. Took drink and food orders from customers.... more 16
- Waiter And Server Example 16
November 2012 – Present / Tuck Me Inn, Womelsdorf, Pennsylvania Bartender Prepared drinks and food ingredients. Prepared cocktails and other drinks. Took drink and food orders from customers. Kept in excellent condition glasses, ut... more 17
- Waiter And Server Example 17
xstal xers Objective Hardworking server, experienced in taking food orders, operating cash registers and safely handling food while managing excellent customer service. Education and Training High School Diploma , Culinary Arts, Restaurant M... more 18
- Waiter And Server Example 18
Cashier (11/12 – 11/14) Dibellas Italian Market, Henrietta, NY Handled money given by customers Answered multiple phone lines Sanitation of dining room and cashier line Assuring customer satisfaction Hostess (11/14 – 4/15) ... more 19
- Waiter And Server Example 19
Server Lead – Zea Rotisserie and Grill (04/2015/08/2015) New Orleans, Louisiana (United States) Interacted verbally with all guests creating a friendly and upbeat atmosphere. Friendly and engaging demeanor Followed Zeas Culure and... more 20
- Waiter And Server Example 20
Floor support/ Busser/ Host – Bakersfield June 1, 2016 – July 16, 2016 // Columbus (USA) Learned the basics about food service while working nearly seven days a week to make sure the company strived during the start of the... more