You know that the keys to being an excellent server include interacting well with guests and delivering orders quickly and efficiently. Focus your resume on these vital skills to impress a hiring manager and show him or her you have everything it takes to succeed.
Simply listing your restaurant experience on your document isn't enough. You need to organize your information well and understand how to write a resume in a confident and engaging manner. Utilize our real-world waiter and server resume templates and expert advice to craft your own effective document.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Waiter and Server Experience
Including your experience as a restaurant server on your resume is about more than just adding in the right information; you need to describe it in a way that convinces a hiring manager you can succeed. You can upgrade your writing by incorporating strong action words, like those in our waiter and server resume templates. Pull terms from the job listing, and take note of these examples:
• Communicate effectively with customers, answering questions about the menu, describing daily specials, and taking food and beverage orders
• Provide suggestions to patrons based on their questions and special requests relating to food allergies and dietary restrictions
• Relay food and drink order information accurately to the kitchen staff and enter details into the POS system
• Deliver food to customers quickly and efficiently, taking care to serve all patrons at each table together
• Prepare complete itemized checks for each table (splitting tables into separate checks when necessary) and process payments
Waiter and Server Resume Tips
After reviewing the formatting and content of the waiter and server resume templates, you can start perfecting your own document. Strengthen your resume by turning your work history duties into accomplishments. Follow these simple steps to take your document to the next level.
1. Personalize Your Waiter and Server Resume: Don't just submit a generic resume for each application. Instead, tailor the language and focus of your document to match closely with the job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most hiring managers only skim through resumes, so you need to make an impact right away. Start your document with a bold and confident pitch describing why you're the ideal candidate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To impress a hiring manager, you need to help him or her understand all the benefits you'd bring to the restaurant. Include some brief stories of your previous career accomplishments to showcase your value.
Waiter and Server Resume Templates
If you're ready to go after that server position you want, the first step is creating an eye-catching resume. Review the examples in our collection of waiter and server resume templates, all of which come from real-world restaurant professionals. For step-by-step assistance, access our resume builder.
- Waiter And Server Example 21
rah bach Education High School Diploma, general education Diego Hills Charter School, 2012, San Diego , California (USA) High School Education Work history Copy & Print Sales Associate (Feb.2012 – Currantly Working) Office De... more 22
- Waiter And Server Example 22
Server/Hostess (January 2014 – Current)Shila Korean BBQ, Clovis, CA, United States Experience in: Dealt with customer payments, Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu to customers Welcomed gue... more 23
- Waiter And Server Example 23
xicia xhez ObjectiveIt is my goal to deliver my duties to the fullest satisfaction of all members of this company, using my skills with customer service. As my long term objective, I would like to continue working for the betterment of the c... more 24
- Waiter And Server Example 24
years Experience Server (February 2011 – Current) Hudson’s Classic Bar and Grill, Marshfield, Wisconsin, United States Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind of ho... more 25
- Waiter And Server Example 25
Lighthouse Deli, San Pedro, CA 2006 – Present : Server – Welcomed guests and seat them at tables. – Informed and explained the menu to customers. – Offered information about the restaurant specialties. – Took... more 26
- Waiter And Server Example 26
Waiter/Busser/Foodrunner/Bar-back/Dishwasher – ( 10/10/13 – 8/10/14) Cuisine on the Green, Little Egg Harbor Twp, New Jersey (USA) Kept contact with cookers, serving staff and patrons to meet client requirements. Prepared ... more 27
- Waiter And Server Example 27
SANDWICH ARTIST CUM CASHIER (DECEMBER 18,2011 – PRESENT ) RASHAM SUBWAY, AL NAHDA, DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Ordered a... more 28
- Waiter And Server Example 28
Keriann Quinn Objective To utilize my extensive serving experience and leadership skills to improve the profitability and overall service level of an outstanding restaurant. Skills Learns all aspects of new menus and specialties and rapidly de... more 29
- Waiter And Server Example 29
car fierro Education and Training Coronado High School, 2012, El PasoTX, USA Highschool Graduate, . High School DiplomaEducation University of Texas at El Paso, currently enrolled, El PasoTX, USA Biomedical Engineering, . cur... more 30
- Waiter And Server Example 30
Dec, 2013 – Present / Don Pablos, Merrillville, IN Server Prepared dough and batters to make different kind of bread and other recipes. Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Took drink and food orders... more