You know that the keys to being an excellent server include interacting well with guests and delivering orders quickly and efficiently. Focus your resume on these vital skills to impress a hiring manager and show him or her you have everything it takes to succeed.
Simply listing your restaurant experience on your document isn't enough. You need to organize your information well and understand how to write a resume in a confident and engaging manner. Utilize our real-world waiter and server resume templates and expert advice to craft your own effective document.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Waiter and Server Experience
Including your experience as a restaurant server on your resume is about more than just adding in the right information; you need to describe it in a way that convinces a hiring manager you can succeed. You can upgrade your writing by incorporating strong action words, like those in our waiter and server resume templates. Pull terms from the job listing, and take note of these examples:
• Communicate effectively with customers, answering questions about the menu, describing daily specials, and taking food and beverage orders
• Provide suggestions to patrons based on their questions and special requests relating to food allergies and dietary restrictions
• Relay food and drink order information accurately to the kitchen staff and enter details into the POS system
• Deliver food to customers quickly and efficiently, taking care to serve all patrons at each table together
• Prepare complete itemized checks for each table (splitting tables into separate checks when necessary) and process payments
Waiter and Server Resume Tips
After reviewing the formatting and content of the waiter and server resume templates, you can start perfecting your own document. Strengthen your resume by turning your work history duties into accomplishments. Follow these simple steps to take your document to the next level.
1. Personalize Your Waiter and Server Resume: Don't just submit a generic resume for each application. Instead, tailor the language and focus of your document to match closely with the job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most hiring managers only skim through resumes, so you need to make an impact right away. Start your document with a bold and confident pitch describing why you're the ideal candidate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To impress a hiring manager, you need to help him or her understand all the benefits you'd bring to the restaurant. Include some brief stories of your previous career accomplishments to showcase your value.
Waiter and Server Resume Templates
If you're ready to go after that server position you want, the first step is creating an eye-catching resume. Review the examples in our collection of waiter and server resume templates, all of which come from real-world restaurant professionals. For step-by-step assistance, access our resume builder.
- Waiter And Server Example 31
Kristen Carbaugh Education and TrainingAgora Cyber Charter School – 2012 Wayne, PA, USA General Studies, Diploma High School DiplomaCertifications -CPR & First Aid Certified Work historyGymnastics Coach – ( November... more 32
- Waiter And Server Example 32
CDS manager (10/15/2015 – Present)Costco, New Britain, Connecticut, United States Prepared drinks and food ingredients. Coordinated the kitchen staff. Organized the food, meat, products, vegetables, fruits to show them attractiv... more 33
- Waiter And Server Example 33
Bar manager/Supervisor (October, 2000 – July, 2011)Bay City Country Club, Bay City, MI, United States Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Prepared and ser... more 34
- Waiter And Server Example 34
Planet Tan, Discovery Bay, CA (USA) Tanning Specialist, June 2013 – Current Customer service, cleaning, sales, cash handling, computer work. Hollister Co. / Abercrombie and Fitch, Concord , CA (USA) Model / Sales Associate, Nove... more 35
- Waiter And Server Example 35
thia -white Languages English, Advanced Spanish, Beginner Korean, Beginner Education and Training High School Diploma, General Studies Henrico High School, 2014, Richmond, Virginia (United States) High School Diploma Work history... more 36
- Waiter And Server Example 36
That Little Pizza Place, Huntsville, AR (United States) Waitress, 3-14-14 – 08-12-16 Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Kept in excellent condition glasses, utensils and bar equipment. Took drink... more 37
- Waiter And Server Example 37
Work history waitress (june 1, 2000 – aug 1,2005)Digger’s dinner, concord, California, United States waited on tables, swip an mopped, filled salt an pepper shakers, sugar.ice cream maker (aug 25, 2005 – sept 4,2006)cold... more 38
- Waiter And Server Example 38
Server – ( July, 2011 – Present) Bob Evans Restaurant, Northwood, OH (U.S.A) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu to customers. Welcomed guests a... more 39
- Waiter And Server Example 39
Cashier (6/9/16 – 1/6/17)Manchester Christian Church, Manchester, NH, United States Dealt with customer payments. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Cleaned freezers and... more 40
- Waiter And Server Example 40
Food and Beverage Trainee – ( 2010 – 2011) Estanplaza International Hotel, SÃ£o Paulo, SÃ£o Paulo (Brazil) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Pr... more