You know that the keys to being an excellent server include interacting well with guests and delivering orders quickly and efficiently. Focus your resume on these vital skills to impress a hiring manager and show him or her you have everything it takes to succeed.
Simply listing your restaurant experience on your document isn't enough. You need to organize your information well and understand how to write a resume in a confident and engaging manner. Utilize our real-world waiter and server resume templates and expert advice to craft your own effective document.
Free Food And Beverage Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional food and beverage resumes.
How To Mention Your Waiter and Server Experience
Including your experience as a restaurant server on your resume is about more than just adding in the right information; you need to describe it in a way that convinces a hiring manager you can succeed. You can upgrade your writing by incorporating strong action words, like those in our waiter and server resume templates. Pull terms from the job listing, and take note of these examples:
• Communicate effectively with customers, answering questions about the menu, describing daily specials, and taking food and beverage orders
• Provide suggestions to patrons based on their questions and special requests relating to food allergies and dietary restrictions
• Relay food and drink order information accurately to the kitchen staff and enter details into the POS system
• Deliver food to customers quickly and efficiently, taking care to serve all patrons at each table together
• Prepare complete itemized checks for each table (splitting tables into separate checks when necessary) and process payments
Waiter and Server Resume Tips
After reviewing the formatting and content of the waiter and server resume templates, you can start perfecting your own document. Strengthen your resume by turning your work history duties into accomplishments. Follow these simple steps to take your document to the next level.
1. Personalize Your Waiter and Server Resume: Don't just submit a generic resume for each application. Instead, tailor the language and focus of your document to match closely with the job description.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Most hiring managers only skim through resumes, so you need to make an impact right away. Start your document with a bold and confident pitch describing why you're the ideal candidate.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To impress a hiring manager, you need to help him or her understand all the benefits you'd bring to the restaurant. Include some brief stories of your previous career accomplishments to showcase your value.
Waiter and Server Resume Templates
If you're ready to go after that server position you want, the first step is creating an eye-catching resume. Review the examples in our collection of waiter and server resume templates, all of which come from real-world restaurant professionals. For step-by-step assistance, access our resume builder.
- Waiter And Server Example 41
April 2014 – April 2016 / Sumo Salad, Castle Hill, NSW Part-time employee Informed and explained the menu to customers Prepared drinks and food ingredients. Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned freezers and heating equipment. Clean... more 42
- Waiter And Server Example 42
Supervisor (Aug 2013 – Current)Toys ‘R’ Us Singapore, Singapore, Singapore Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our products. Assisted clients to find items, informed about products’ charac... more 43
- Waiter And Server Example 43
Stephen Witkowski ienceWaitstaff, June 2012 – September 2014 Kendal at Hanover, Hanover , New Hampshire, United States Assisted guests with making menu choices in an informative and helpful fashion.Maintained knowledge of current m... more 44
- Waiter And Server Example 44
Crew Member (May 2013 – December 2013) McDonalds, Davenport, Florida Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Took drink and food orders from custom... more 45
- Waiter And Server Example 45
Server (2007 – 2008) Ruby Tuesday, Darien, Ga, USA Dealt with customer payments. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and explained the menu to customers Informed... more 46
- Waiter And Server Example 46
Mariah Meads Portfolio An energetic and optimistic college student with experience at a private country club. Responds quickly in a fast-paced and busy work environment and enjoys interacting with customers and members. Education and Training... more 47
- Waiter And Server Example 47
Server/Bartender (2011 – 2015) Applebee’s , Leland, Nc, USA Dealt with customer payments. Informed and explained the menu to customers Took drink and food orders from customers. Prepared cocktails and other drinks. Solved an... more 48
- Waiter And Server Example 48
Waitress – ( August 2012 – September 2015) Towne Lake Diner, Woodstock, Ga (U.S) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Took drink and food... more 49
- Waiter And Server Example 49
cocktail server/ Door girl – ( 2/13 – 9/13) Chrisites Cabaret , Glendale , Arizona (U.S) Dealt with customer payments. Cleaned the working area and equipment. Took drink and food orders from customers. Informed and served ... more 50
- Waiter And Server Example 50
Creative Caterer , Liverpool, NY (United States) server, september – october 2014 Ordered and received supplies and retail products. Prepared and served all kind of hot and cold drinks. Took drink and food orders from customers. ... more