Specialized training and experience qualify applicants to work in the field of criminal justice. Find out how to represent your background, ethics, and knowledge in a conventional resume format. We show jobseekers how to approach each of the major resume sections and bring up several career-specific considerations to keep in mind when applying for jobs in this industry,
You can get a better sense of what employers expect to find in a resume for a criminal justice position from the writing pointers below. You may also benefit from looking over a variety of criminal justice resume templates by qualified candidates.
Free Government Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional government resumes.
How To Mention Your Criminal Justice Experience
Most jobseekers in criminal justice have specialized vocational or on-the-job training. Make a case for your ability to succeed by using keywords from the description of the position you want. Action words can also show the difference you will make on the job. Refer to the following sample responsibilities and the experience sections on our criminal justice resume templates as you prepare to write your resume:
• Investigate and gather information about crimes or violations, and provide this data to relevant authorities
• Maintain records for ongoing investigations or persons of interest within the jurisdiction of an agency
• Apprehend or surveil suspects to ensure they are available to be duly tried and charged
• Enforce the law in the rightful capacity for a particular criminal justice position or agency
• Prosecute individuals accused of crimes depending on their pleas and the verdicts returned by juries
Criminal Justice Resume Tips
One of the best methods for identifying ways to improve your resume is to compare your draft to several criminal justice resume templates. Our collection includes materials by real jobseekers in this field. There are also three tips you can follow to strengthen all of the major resume sections.
1. Personalize Your Criminal Justice Resume: Your resume should give employers a clear sense of your particular skills and professional strengths. Customize your summary statement, list of skills, and work history for each job you seek.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: A summary statement is your first chance to bring up your major qualifications. Get employers' attention by showcasing your experience and the most important skills for the position you want.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Be specific about your accomplishments to make your document stand out. Look for ways to include metrics, statistics, or particular incidents to demonstrate your ability to succeed in criminal justice.
Criminal Justice Resume Templates
These tips are only a starting point for writing a better resume. Many jobseekers benefit from seeing sample documents by real candidates in the same field. Browse our collection of criminal justice resume templates. You can create your own resume step-by-step with the Resume Builder on My Perfect Resume.
- Criminal Justice Example 1
Patient Care Assistant – ( November 2014 – Current) Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN Assist nurses and doctors with procedures. Stock patient rooms. Obtain vital signs of patients and reporting results to RN. Follow orders and d... more 2
- Criminal Justice Example 2
Heather Lynne Gould Education Cape Cod Community College, 2009, Iyannough rdMassachusettes, Barstable Criminal Justice, Associates Associates of Arts in Criminal Justice and Early Childhood Education. Graduated always on Deans list. G.P.A 3... more 3
- Criminal Justice Example 3
Officer-Technician – ( 10/2006 – Present) United States Secret Service Uniformed Division , Washington, DC – Provide visual surveillance and control access to protected areas of the White House Complex, Vice Preside... more 4
- Criminal Justice Example 4
Data Analyst (January 2008 – Present) R & B Grinding Co., Racine, Wisconsin Provided administrative support for the management team, project managers, accounting department, and human resources department. Entrusted to handl... more 5
- Criminal Justice Example 5
ton xder Objective To pursue a career in Corrections. Education Diploma, General Studies Belding High school, 2010, Belding, Michigan (United States)Currently Enrolled, Criminal Justice Lansing Community College, 2014, Lansing, Michig... more 6
- Criminal Justice Example 6
xntel xinson EducationBachelor – Justice Studies (2017) Grand Canyon University – Phoenix // Arizona (USA) Bachelor of Science in Justice StudiesDiploma – Graduated (2013) Desert Edge High School – Goodyear /... more 7
- Criminal Justice Example 7
ady xins Objective With a . . . Military experience October 2011 – Present / SPT Company 1/19th Special Forces, Camp Williams, Utah Special Operation Team Alpha Member As a member of the Special Operations Team Alpha I served as a cryp... more 8
- Criminal Justice Example 8
Account Manager – Discover Card July 2006 – August 2007 // West Valley City (USA) Reviewed Accounts to understand cardmembers needs and instruct them on how to better use their accounts.EducationBA *pending*/AA –... more 9
- Criminal Justice Example 9
Tomas Lewis EducationDeVry University – 2014 Long Beach, California, U.S.A. Justice Administration, Bachelor of Science Deans List, GPA 3.5Work historyOperations/Ramp agent – ( February 2009 – July 2010) DGS, Santa A... more 10
- Criminal Justice Example 10
Corrections Officer 2 (10-4-12 – Still Employed)CRCC, Connell, WA, USA Supervise inmates in housing units and those segregated for administrative or punitive measures; instruct inmates in housekeeping and sanitation; supervise t... more