If you need to show you have the character and skills necessary to succeed in an administrative career, one of the best ways to do so is to write an outstanding resume. Find out how to make the most of every resume section, from the summary statement and list of skills to descriptions of your experience and education.
Start with our writing tips for each major section. You can also look over government administration resume templates by real candidates in this field. These resources can give you writing ideas or help you check your draft for quality and completeness.
Free Government Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional government resumes.
How To Mention Your Government Administration Experience
Look for ways to show how your experience prepares you to succeed in the administrator role you are seeking. Draw attention to relevant hard and soft skills, and use keywords from the description of the job you want. Be sure to emphasize your abilities by using action words. Reference the following sample administrator responsibilities and the experience sections on our government administration resume templates:
• Work with other administrative personnel to facilitate standard procedures and provide support during busy periods
• Manage record-keeping in accordance with standards and systems for bureau or division of administrative services
• Oversee the operation of public-facing or inter-office departments, fulfilling all requests in a timely manner
• Set and achieve reasonable goals for departmental functionality depending on the type of administrative services
• Perform audits and submit improvements in policies or procedures for approval from larger governing bodies
Government Administration Resume Tips
Writing a resume does not have to be difficult. Strengthen the early sections by customizing your summary statement and skills section and responding to the most important qualifications for the administration job you want. These three tips and our government administration resume templates can help you improve your document:
1. Personalize Your Government Administration Resume: Look for ways to address your professional and personal strengths and the requirements for the job you want. You should avoid submitting the same document to more than one position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The summary statement on your resume can be your first chance to impress employers. Show off your most relevant qualifications in several short phrases near the top of your document.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Look for ways to provide specific examples or statistics in your summary statement or in descriptions of previous positions. Concrete examples and metrics can make your resume much more memorable.
Government Administration Resume Templates
Now that you know what employers expect from resumes for administrative positions, you should start writing your own document. Draw on our real-world government administration resume templates for more guidance. You can also make a professional resume step-by-step with the Resume Builder from our partner site, My Perfect Resume.
- Government Administration Example 11
Greg Small Objective Seeking a challenging career environment in which I can improve on past experience, quality assurance, and maximize my procedural knowledge. Work history Team Member (2007 – 2012) Tractor Supply Co., Springfield , IL... more 12
- Government Administration Example 12
xren well Education Bachelor’s Degree in Politics and Economics, with Honors Drake University, 2015, Des Moines, Iowa (USA)Work history Waitress (August 2008 – August 2013) Ferch’s Malt Shop and Grill, Greendale, Wisc... more 13
- Government Administration Example 13
Conference Interpreter (staff) (14.09.2014 – 16.09.2016)United Nations, UN, UN Simultaneous Interpreting for the United Nations Office in Nairobi, United Nations Office in Vienna, United Nations Office in Geneva and UN ESCAP in ... more 14
- Government Administration Example 14
Alexandra Martin EducationUniversity of Edinburgh – 2012 Edinburgh, a, United kingdom International and European Politics, Master of Science (M.Sc. €¢ Modules studied: Institutions and Policies of the European Union, International S... more 15
- Government Administration Example 15
xole xson Objective To enter into a work environment where my organizational skills and positive attitude can be utilized. Education Golden Valley High School, 2011, Santa ClaritaCA High School Diploma, GPA 4.02 Graduated with honors.... more 16
- Government Administration Example 16
Sales Associate (February 2015 – June 2016)Francescas Collections, Greenville, Delaware, USA Worked with a sales team in order to meet sales goals. Often did inventory and mark downs every quarter. Worked the cash register, fixe... more 17
- Government Administration Example 17
Management and Program Analyst, 1/2012 – Present Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Quantico , VA Financial Manager Liaison between the Operational Technology Division (OTD) and Enterprise License Agreeme... more 18
- Government Administration Example 18
Senior Floodplain Coordinator – ( 3/1/11 – Present) Monroe County BOCC, Key Largo, FL (USA) Plans review for approval or denial of permits.Assist and perform site visits and inspections to advise as to conditions of structu... more 19
- Government Administration Example 19
Ian Crowther Education Wheaton College, 2013, NortonMassachusetts, USA European Politics and German Language (Double Major), Bachelor GPA: 3.54 Cum Laude Federal Republic of German Consulate AwardUniversitÃ¤t Regensburg, January 2012 ... more 20
- Government Administration Example 20
ra xune Areas of expertise Retirement Counseling, Payroll 8 1/2 years years Employees Retirement System of Georgia Pension Analyst II (June 2004 – January 2013) Employees Retirement System of Georgia, Atlanta, Georgia Communicated re... more