If you need to show you have the character and skills necessary to succeed in an administrative career, one of the best ways to do so is to write an outstanding resume. Find out how to make the most of every resume section, from the summary statement and list of skills to descriptions of your experience and education.
Start with our writing tips for each major section. You can also look over government administration resume templates by real candidates in this field. These resources can give you writing ideas or help you check your draft for quality and completeness.
Free Government Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional government resumes.
How To Mention Your Government Administration Experience
Look for ways to show how your experience prepares you to succeed in the administrator role you are seeking. Draw attention to relevant hard and soft skills, and use keywords from the description of the job you want. Be sure to emphasize your abilities by using action words. Reference the following sample administrator responsibilities and the experience sections on our government administration resume templates:
• Work with other administrative personnel to facilitate standard procedures and provide support during busy periods
• Manage record-keeping in accordance with standards and systems for bureau or division of administrative services
• Oversee the operation of public-facing or inter-office departments, fulfilling all requests in a timely manner
• Set and achieve reasonable goals for departmental functionality depending on the type of administrative services
• Perform audits and submit improvements in policies or procedures for approval from larger governing bodies
Government Administration Resume Tips
Writing a resume does not have to be difficult. Strengthen the early sections by customizing your summary statement and skills section and responding to the most important qualifications for the administration job you want. These three tips and our government administration resume templates can help you improve your document:
1. Personalize Your Government Administration Resume: Look for ways to address your professional and personal strengths and the requirements for the job you want. You should avoid submitting the same document to more than one position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The summary statement on your resume can be your first chance to impress employers. Show off your most relevant qualifications in several short phrases near the top of your document.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Look for ways to provide specific examples or statistics in your summary statement or in descriptions of previous positions. Concrete examples and metrics can make your resume much more memorable.
Government Administration Resume Templates
Now that you know what employers expect from resumes for administrative positions, you should start writing your own document. Draw on our real-world government administration resume templates for more guidance. You can also make a professional resume step-by-step with the Resume Builder from our partner site, My Perfect Resume.
- Government Administration Example 21
Office Employee (October 2014 – Current)Loudoun Golf and Country Club, Purcellville, Virginia, USA Created and maintained new filing systems. Distributed mail and internal correspondence.Summer Camp Counselor (June 2014 R... more 22
- Government Administration Example 22
Membership Vice President (June 2014 – June 2015)North American Federation of Temple Youth, New York, New York, United States As NFTY Membership Vice President, I maintained a network of about 30 Regional Membership Vice Preside... more 23
- Government Administration Example 23
Jacob Wolf Work historyCashier, bakery, dinning room assistant, and barista – ( 20/01/2016 – Current) Panera Bread, Bellevue, Nebraska (United States ) Assist in overall operation of restaurant, primarily through interacting with... more 24
- Government Administration Example 24
District Construction Engineer – Great Falls (July 2002 – Present)Montana Department of Transportation, Great Falls, MT, USA Program level administration of the Great Falls Dstrict Construction Program. Directly supervise ... more 25
- Government Administration Example 25
Staff Officer 4 – Logistics and Supply – ( August 2013 – May 2015) James Madison University ROTC Duke Detachment , Harrisonburg, Virginia Greg Lawson (Supervisor) James Madison University / [email protected] / (540)... more 26
- Government Administration Example 26
Candice Spicknall EducationEast Carolina University – 2006 Greenville, NC, USA Political Science/ History, Bachelor of Arts Member, Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society Member, ECU SGA Student Judicial Board Member,... more 27
- Government Administration Example 27
Enforcement Officer, February 1992 – Present Borough of Carlstadt, Carlstadt, New Jersey Classified and distributed mail. Assured that establishments and public concentrations obeyed legal requirements. Developed yearly trash / re... more 28
- Government Administration Example 28
d 25 yearsTraining Coordinator, Experienced 7 yearsTravel Coordinator, Experienced 15 yearsLogistics Management, Mid Level 7 yearsExperienceLogistics Management Specialist, 01/2013 – Present McAlester Army Ammunit... more 29
- Government Administration Example 29
Mohammed Judeh EducationUniversity of South Florida – 2014 Tampa, Florida, United States History and Political Science, Arts and SciencesHillsborough Community College – 2011 Tampa, Fl, Hillsborough Liberal Arts, Associa... more 30
- Government Administration Example 30
xisa xres Objective Position in a mission-driven organization using my writing and editing abilities. Certifications CPR Work history Documentation Specialist (December 2008 – Present)SRA International , Arlington, Virginia, Unite... more