If you need to show you have the character and skills necessary to succeed in an administrative career, one of the best ways to do so is to write an outstanding resume. Find out how to make the most of every resume section, from the summary statement and list of skills to descriptions of your experience and education.
Start with our writing tips for each major section. You can also look over government administration resume templates by real candidates in this field. These resources can give you writing ideas or help you check your draft for quality and completeness.
Free Government Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional government resumes.
How To Mention Your Government Administration Experience
Look for ways to show how your experience prepares you to succeed in the administrator role you are seeking. Draw attention to relevant hard and soft skills, and use keywords from the description of the job you want. Be sure to emphasize your abilities by using action words. Reference the following sample administrator responsibilities and the experience sections on our government administration resume templates:
• Work with other administrative personnel to facilitate standard procedures and provide support during busy periods
• Manage record-keeping in accordance with standards and systems for bureau or division of administrative services
• Oversee the operation of public-facing or inter-office departments, fulfilling all requests in a timely manner
• Set and achieve reasonable goals for departmental functionality depending on the type of administrative services
• Perform audits and submit improvements in policies or procedures for approval from larger governing bodies
Government Administration Resume Tips
Writing a resume does not have to be difficult. Strengthen the early sections by customizing your summary statement and skills section and responding to the most important qualifications for the administration job you want. These three tips and our government administration resume templates can help you improve your document:
1. Personalize Your Government Administration Resume: Look for ways to address your professional and personal strengths and the requirements for the job you want. You should avoid submitting the same document to more than one position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The summary statement on your resume can be your first chance to impress employers. Show off your most relevant qualifications in several short phrases near the top of your document.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Look for ways to provide specific examples or statistics in your summary statement or in descriptions of previous positions. Concrete examples and metrics can make your resume much more memorable.
Government Administration Resume Templates
Now that you know what employers expect from resumes for administrative positions, you should start writing your own document. Draw on our real-world government administration resume templates for more guidance. You can also make a professional resume step-by-step with the Resume Builder from our partner site, My Perfect Resume.
- Government Administration Example 31
Gaiana Morales EducationCal State Long Beach – Spring 2017 Long Beach, CA, USA Political Science, B.A. Political Science with a concentration in Law, Politics, Policy Attending CSU Long Beach since Fall 2013. On track for early graduat... more 32
- Government Administration Example 32
Assistant Chief, Canteen Services, May 2010 – Current DVA Palo Alto Health Care System, Palo Alto, California, USA Responsible for assessing operational needs. perform inventory’s, prepare order’s, & receive merch... more 33
- Government Administration Example 33
Office Specialist for Purchasing Department – ( February 2009 – Present) County Of Stearns, Saint Cloud, Minnesota Classify and distribute mail. Assist county employees in meeting printing deadlines & cost allowences.... more 34
- Government Administration Example 34
Senior Laboratory Assistant, September 2010 – Present School of Computer and Information Sciences, Hyderabad, Telangana, India * Designed and developed the look and feel of School of Computer and Information Sciences (SCIS) websit... more 35
- Government Administration Example 35
Sergio Marcial EducationVan Nuys High School – 2014 Van Nuys, Ca, United States Performing Arts Magnet , High school diploma Simulation Course in EconomicsMadison Middle School – 2010 Van Nuys, Ca, United States Medical/ S... more 36
- Government Administration Example 36
Head Intern – ( August 2013 – November 2013) Ken Cuccinelli for Governor, Fairfax, Virginia Helped coordinate events, answered phone calls, recruited new volunteers, directed volunteers on the ground, registered new voters... more 37
- Government Administration Example 37
Animal Packer – USFS 2016 – Current // Hungry Horse (United States) My job at Dome Mountain Ranch consisted of, but was not limited to, guiding both experienced and inexperienced hunters on fair chase elk and deer hunts in ... more 38
- Government Administration Example 38
Gabriela Zuniga Education Miami Dade College, Kendall, FL Associate in Arts, International Relations, 2013 The program focuses on the systematic study of international politics and institutions, and the conduct of diplomacy and foreign policy. Inc... more 39
- Government Administration Example 39
Office Manager for the first deputy of the president of the GNC , September 2012 – Present time General National Congress(GNC), Tripoli, Tripoli, Libya In addition to managing the administrative affairs of the office,handled comm... more 40
- Government Administration Example 40
Postmaster, 12/2012 – present USPS, Hulbert, OK, USA Created and developed policies and procedures for institutions company to meet administrative and operational goals. Reviewed and analyzed legislation and public policy to promot... more