If you need to show you have the character and skills necessary to succeed in an administrative career, one of the best ways to do so is to write an outstanding resume. Find out how to make the most of every resume section, from the summary statement and list of skills to descriptions of your experience and education.
Start with our writing tips for each major section. You can also look over government administration resume templates by real candidates in this field. These resources can give you writing ideas or help you check your draft for quality and completeness.
Free Government Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional government resumes.
How To Mention Your Government Administration Experience
Look for ways to show how your experience prepares you to succeed in the administrator role you are seeking. Draw attention to relevant hard and soft skills, and use keywords from the description of the job you want. Be sure to emphasize your abilities by using action words. Reference the following sample administrator responsibilities and the experience sections on our government administration resume templates:
• Work with other administrative personnel to facilitate standard procedures and provide support during busy periods
• Manage record-keeping in accordance with standards and systems for bureau or division of administrative services
• Oversee the operation of public-facing or inter-office departments, fulfilling all requests in a timely manner
• Set and achieve reasonable goals for departmental functionality depending on the type of administrative services
• Perform audits and submit improvements in policies or procedures for approval from larger governing bodies
Government Administration Resume Tips
Writing a resume does not have to be difficult. Strengthen the early sections by customizing your summary statement and skills section and responding to the most important qualifications for the administration job you want. These three tips and our government administration resume templates can help you improve your document:
1. Personalize Your Government Administration Resume: Look for ways to address your professional and personal strengths and the requirements for the job you want. You should avoid submitting the same document to more than one position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: The summary statement on your resume can be your first chance to impress employers. Show off your most relevant qualifications in several short phrases near the top of your document.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Look for ways to provide specific examples or statistics in your summary statement or in descriptions of previous positions. Concrete examples and metrics can make your resume much more memorable.
Government Administration Resume Templates
Now that you know what employers expect from resumes for administrative positions, you should start writing your own document. Draw on our real-world government administration resume templates for more guidance. You can also make a professional resume step-by-step with the Resume Builder from our partner site, My Perfect Resume.
- Government Administration Example 41
xyung xe Objective An aspiring and ambitious student aiming to learn and continue study in the field of government and public administration. Recently graduated from University of California Riverside with a Bachelor’s degree in Political ... more 42
- Government Administration Example 42
Advance Stores Inc, Garner, North Carolina (United States) General Manager, October 2001 – present Set up and opened several new Advance stores in the area Recruited, developed, and trained several team members Oversaw physical ... more 43
- Government Administration Example 43
xier to Education Millville SR High, 2012, MillvilleNJ General education, High School Diploma General EducationCumberland County Vocational School, 2012, BridgetonNJ Auto Collision Repair, Auto Collision Repair Certification Certi... more 44
- Government Administration Example 44
xrew myrick johns x. Education Belmont Univeristy, 2017, NashvilleTennessee, United States Biology/Calculus/Computer Programming, N/A Attended 2013-2014Austin Peay State University, N/A, ClarskvilleTennessee, United States General St... more 45
- Government Administration Example 45
d with testing the following events: Builder Dockside Trials, Builder Sea Trials, Acceptance Trials, System Operability Verification Tests (SOVTs), Combat Systems Operational Sequencing System (CSOSS) Verification, Ships Outfitting, Combat ... more 46
- Government Administration Example 46
Queen (When I married Zeus – Now)Olympus, Olympus, Olympus, Olympus I am still currently at this job. I love it because I have lot’s of power.Education Anything’s Possible, It was a long time ago, OlympusOl... more 47
- Government Administration Example 47
Financial Advisor, August 2016 – december 2016 Scotiabank, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada Worked as part of the financial advice team to help client realize their financial goals.Regulatory Consultant, January 2015 –... more 48
- Government Administration Example 48
Ms. Taylor Ann Hines tionUniversity of Kansas, 2014 Lawrence, KS, USA Political Science and Spanish, Bachelor??s degree in Political Science and Spanish with a certificate in Global Awareness Bachelor??s degree in Political Science and S... more 49
- Government Administration Example 49
Director, August 2012 – June 2017 Lubbock County Courthouse Compliance Department, Lubbock, Texas, United States Responsible for overall operations of a multi-faceted department that seeks to secure the timely, accurate and lawful ... more 50
- Government Administration Example 50
Sergeant Major – Belgian Congolese army 1949 – 1956 // Lisala () I rose quickly from a clerk in the army to the highest possible rank open to any Africans. I informed the public about the army as well, contributing article... more