Before you can land a job as an emergency medical technician, you need to create your resume. This seemingly simple document needs to capture your abilities and clearly communicate that you are a knowledgeable, effective worker. This task is harder than you might think. One of the best ways to begin is to review emergency medical technician resume templates to see what your finished document should look like.
This writing guide includes all the information you need to put together the best resume you can. Find everything from resume writing tips to resume samples for your specific career choice.
Free Healthcare Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional healthcare resumes.
How To Mention Your Emergency Medical Technician Experience
Your experience section is probably the most important part of your resume, but the structure and format is just as important as the content. Take a look at our emergency medical technician resume templates to see how to implement action verbs effectively. You should also use similar language as the job description.
• Assess the injuries and illnesses of critical patients quickly and accurately to begin treatment immediately
• Maintain extensive medical knowledge, including biology, modern medical procedures, and response techniques, to remain vigilant and capable
• Perform emergency procedures, from basic to advanced, to prevent further injury and stabilize patients until they can reach the hospital
• Inspect emergency response vehicle supplies, ensuring all necessary medical equipment is present and completely functional
• Monitor patients continuously, watching for changes in condition or potentially dangerous conditions, taking proper actions
Emergency Medical Technician Resume Tips
There are a few key steps that you should always follow to be certain that your resume is as powerful as possible. Of course, your resume will always be unique to you, but you can be more confident in your writing by making sure you look to the following guidelines:
1. Personalize Your Emergency Medical Technician Resume: Sending identical resumes out to dozens of job openings is not a very good strategy. Personalizing your resume for each new opening is more effective.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement is the first thing employers see, so it affects your first impression. Make sure you know about the expectations for your desired position.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Describing your previous experiences and times you succeeded makes your resume stronger. You can see the best way to do this on our emergency medical technician resume templates.
Emergency Medical Technician Resume Templates
Using our emergency medical technician resume templates is a great strategy for creating your own resume. We have another tool that may make the writing process even easier for you. Take a look at our resume builder, which can automatically take care of all the technical aspects of creating a resume.
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 1
Senior Medic (2011 – 2014) US Army, Fort Hood, Texas, U ited States Provided herbal recipes and informed patients about doses, treatment length and secondary effects. Kept up to date case histories of patients. Detected nutritio... more 2
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 2
“Cashier” (2008 – 2014) Frederick County Middle School Concessions, Winchester, Virginia, United States Worked concessions at Frederick County Middle School with the cash box for the past six years Certifications Eme... more 3
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 3
xothy on Education and Training LifeCare Training Academy, 2014, ElyriaOhio, United States Emergency Medical Technician, Certification I attended a six month program while working at LifeCare Ambulance and gained my EMT certification thro... more 4
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 4
EMT-Basic – ( 12/06/2012 – Present) Community EMS, Centerville, Ohio (United States) Provided first-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Used external defibrillators, EKGs, bag-valve mask resuscitators in emergency s... more 5
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 5
EMT-BASIC – ( July 2007 – Present) East Alabama Medical Center, Opelika , Al (USA) Clinical practice: Performs pre-hospital care in a holistic systematic way, produces quality patient care with optimal patient outcomes. Q... more 6
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 6
yan xing Education and Training Standard Diploma, General New Kent High School, 2007, New Kent County, VA (United States)Military experience Medic (01 September 2012 – 31 March 2014) 1-6 Infantry Battalion 2nd Brigade Combat Team 1... more 7
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 7
ian xart Education . – . Culpeper County High School, 2011, Culpeper, Virginia () .. – . Basic Military Training, 2014, San Antonio, Texas () -Held the position of Dorm Chief, putting me in charge of 60 trainees -Honor ... more 8
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 8
Clinic Paramedic – ( June 2013 – Present) Industrial Paramedic Services, Nisku, Alberta (Canada) Work in a comprehensive clinical setting using an expanded scope of treatment protocols when patient needs required. Communica... more 9
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 9
Volunteer (January 2016 – current)WAVES Ambulance, Fairmount, New York, USA Assisted Paramedics, took blood pressure, pulse and gave oxygen. Assisted with Albuterol treatments. Carried necessary equipment. Worked on patient car... more 10
- Emergency Medical Technician Example 10
Emergency Medical Technician (June 2016 – Present)Echo Hose Volunteer Ambulance Corps, Shelton, Connecticut Provide Basic Life Support services to the city of Shelton, CT.Paramedicine / Anatomy and Physiology Peer Tutor (June... more