One of the biggest parts of landing a job as a fitness and personal trainer is creating a strong resume. This document determines how well the employer understands your abilities and skills. It is a good idea to take a close look at fitness and personal training resume templates before getting started. This lets you see what aspects work well on your resume and how to format the document as well. We have provided our own personal trainer resume sample for this job specifically to help you create an eye-catching and appealing resume. Begin your job search on the right foot today.
Free Healthcare Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional healthcare resumes.
How To Mention Your Fitness and Personal Training Experience
You may have heard that your experience section is the most important part of your resume. This is true, but you may not have heard that the way you format and organize this information is just as important as the information itself. See our fitness and personal training resume templates to discover how to describe personal trainer experience.
• Guide clients in targeted exercises, taking measures to avoid injury and ensure a completely safe experience
• Develop personalized workout routines for clients that challenge their abilities but do not overwhelm them
• Administer fitness assessments to determine client ability in order to create a customized fitness plan
• Take measurements of blood pressure, stress, and body-fat percentages to gain insight into client health
• Provide instruction in nutrition and exercise habits for clients to follow outside personal training sessions
Fitness and Personal Training Resume Tips
Every resume needs to be completely unique, but that does not mean you cannot take the same steps to create it. In fact, we highly recommend always following these three steps when writing your resume. They ensure that the document appeals to readers and includes everything it needs to. These steps are:
1. Personalize Your Fitness and Personal Training Resume:
Research each unique company before writing. This lets you customize your resume for each new job opening, which can greatly improve your chances.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement:
Your summary statement affects the first impression each hiring manager has of you, because it is the first thing they see. Review our fitness and personal training resume templates to see how to begin.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences:
It is the real examples from your professional experience that tells hiring managers what kind of employee you would be if hired. Think about what experiences demonstrate the right qualities.