One of the biggest parts of landing a job as a fitness and personal trainer is creating a strong resume. This document determines how well the employer understands your abilities and skills. It is a good idea to take a close look at fitness and personal training resume templates before getting started. This lets you see what aspects work well on your resume and how to format the document as well. We have provided our own resume sample for this job specifically to help you create an eye-catching and appealing resume. Begin your job search on the right foot today.
Free Performing Arts Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional performing arts resumes.
How To Mention Your Fitness and Personal Training Experience
You may have heard that your experience section is the most important part of your resume. This is true, but you may not have heard that the way you format and organize this information is just as important as the information itself. See our fitness and personal training resume templates to discover how to describe personal trainer experience.
• Guide clients in targeted exercises, taking measures to avoid injury and ensure a completely safe experience
• Develop personalized workout routines for clients that challenge their abilities but do not overwhelm them
• Administer fitness assessments to determine client ability in order to create a customized fitness plan
• Take measurements of blood pressure, stress, and body-fat percentages to gain insight into client health
• Provide instruction in nutrition and exercise habits for clients to follow outside personal training sessions
Fitness and Personal Training Resume Tips
Every resume needs to be completely unique, but that does not mean you cannot take the same steps to create it. In fact, we highly recommend always following these three steps when writing your resume. They ensure that the document appeals to readers and includes everything it needs to. These steps are:
1. Personalize Your Fitness and Personal Training Resume: Research each unique company before writing. This lets you customize your resume for each new job opening, which can greatly improve your chances.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Your summary statement affects the first impression each hiring manager has of you, because it is the first thing they see. Review our fitness and personal training resume templates to see how to begin.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: It is the real examples from your professional experience that tells hiring managers what kind of employee you would be if hired. Think about what experiences demonstrate the right qualities.
Fitness and Personal Training Resume Templates
Real-world professionals wrote our fitness and personal training resume templates. This means you can count on them to provide you with useful, relevant, and accurate information for what hiring managers actually look for. Additionally, our online resume builder can provide even more help with putting your resume together by formatting it automatically.
To obtain employment in a healthcare setting
Active Duty Marine, November 9th, 2015, March 1st, 2017, USMC, Twentynine Palms, CA, United States, Operated and maintained communication equipment in good condition. Took rapid and advantageous decisions to fulfill each mission. Operated artillery arms such as cannons, rockets and missiles in attack and defense operations. Conducted diverse operations that mobilized armed companies, brigades and division levels. Performed as fire team member in reconnaissance. Observed and delivered information about enemy situation and force. Realized hand-to-hand combat training. Manipulated, cleaned and stored weapons. Operated armored assault vehicles.
Personal Trainer, 01/02/2017, 02/07/2017, Body Focus Fitness, Henderson, NV, USA, Provided manual adjustments to different articulations of the body to correct musculoskeletal disorders. Detected nutritional insufficiencies and designed actions to develop a complete dietary-care plan at the community schools. Educated clients on good nutrition and healthy eating habits, to ameliorate their quality of life. Improved clients' flexibility, cardiovascular response, and strength through fitness sessions.
My career goal is to establish a rewarding career in the medical field using my education and personal experience to provide patient-centered and evidence-based healthcare.
Athletic Trainer, August 2009, June 2010, Chris Weitzel, Santa Ana, CA, USA, - Created personal training programs that addressed specific injuries or health programs - Designed enjoyable and innovative customized training programs based upon fitness goals - Worked with clients to improve their overall endurance, strength, flexibilty, and balance