Because you may have a lot of competition for a medical billing technician position, you need to build a standout resume that quickly points out your important interpersonal skills, certifications, and experiences if you want to catch the eye of a hiring manager. Without a document that quickly goes over your job-specific qualifications, you may find yourself constantly on the reject pile for each opening you apply to.
You can use our medical records, billing, and transcription resume templates as a great starting point. These real-world examples and writing tips show you industry-specific techniques you can use to make yourself standout as a competent candidate.
Free Healthcare Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional healthcare resumes.
How To Mention Your Medical Records, Billing, and Transcription Experience
You know there are a lot of qualified candidates for each medical records technician job out there. That's why you need to focus on the experiences and accomplishments you have. How you talk about your work history is almost as important as including the information in the first place. The medical records, billing, and transcription resume templates show how to incorporate industry-specific action verbs.
• Maintain patient confidentiality by protecting the security of all medical records and following company protocols
• Review patient records to ensure complete accuracy and compliance with state and local regulations
• Record patient information by using Fox Meadows ChartingPlus
• Process patient admission and discharge documents in a timely manner
• Code medical records using the healthcare common procedure coding system and medical condition coding software
Medical Records, Billing, and Transcription Resume Tips
Sending out a strong professional document gives you a better chance of impressing hiring managers. You can learn how to write a stellar resume by reviewing our medical records, billing, and transcription resume templates. Keeping these three simple tips in mind may help you strengthen your document:
1. Personalize Your Medical Records, Billing, and Transcription Resume: Employers want to learn about you as a professional candidate. That's why you need to include personal information and statistics about your work history, education, and skills.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: A strong document has an eye-catching start. Your summary statement should go over your most important skills and experiences in three sentences or fewer. Try to include details pertinent to the healthcare industry.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: As you try to figure out which of your experiences and skills to discuss, you need to consider what the employer wants to see. Fill your document with the same language used in the job description to make yourself stand out.
Medical Records, Billing, and Transcription Resume Templates
When you're ready to get started crafting this important document, you need to look at industry-specific examples and tips. Get real-world advice by checking out our medical records, billing, and transcription resume templates. You can get even more help by using the resume builder from My Perfect Resume for step-by-step instructions.
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 11
Lacey Martinez Objective To obtain an entry level position in a healthcare related industry with a focus on data entry, billing, and insurance. Work historyHealthcare provider – ( January, 2011 – February, 2014) Touching Hearts at... more 12
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 12
Medical Coder (July 2001 – June 2009)Midewest Orthopaedic Center, Peoria, IL, USA Started out in the billing department as a patient accounts representative then took 8 months worth of classes and passed my coding exam in 2007. ... more 13
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 13
Provider Services Representative (June 2012 – Current)Wipro Technologies, United Healthcare, Atlanta, GA, United States TextPharmacy Technician (August 2008 – March 2012)Wal-Mart Pharmacy, Columbus, GA, United States... more 14
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 14
Housekeeper – ( 12/19/2010 – present) Altercare, Tallmadge, Ohio (USA) Done all daily housekeeping duties. Filled in when needed in the laundry department. Help the STNA’s when I can, pass trays, answer call lights fo... more 15
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 15
d 5 Yrs years Education Ged, Business LBC High School, 1961, Bath, SC (USA) Work history Womens Clinic , Dyersburg, Tn (USA) Data Entry/ Receptionist, Aug 1996 – July 1999 Input all charges. Posted payments, adjustments. Prin... more 16
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 16
Financial Assistance Representative – ( 05/2007 – 04/2012) Poudre Valley Health System, Fort Collins, Colorado My job duties were screening patients for financial assistance programs such as Colorado Indigent Care Program ... more 17
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 17
d 8 yearsAreas of expertiseCustomer Service, Experienced 6 yearsExperienceServer/Bartender, May 2011 – Current Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar, Hamilton, OH, United States Customer Service: taking care of th... more 18
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 18
Medical Records – ( 05/02/2013 – Present) Heritage Manor, Flint, MI (USA) Medical Records CoordinatorUnit Clerk – ( 11/01/12 – 05/01/13) Heritage Manor, Flint , MI (USA) File Paper work, ComputersCENA ... more 19
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 19
Megan Postma Objective Many years experience in primary care at LifeScape. Maintain strong reputation for integrity, compassion, fiscal responsibility, collaborative relationships, and excellence. Seeking Medical Coding role in office setting. Li... more 20
- Medical Records, Billing And Transcription Example 20
Tally Dental Excellence, Allen Park, Michigan November 1999 – Present : Financial Coordinator Provide friendly and caring customer service to 35-45 patients a day in a 3-provider general dentistry practice. Responsible for all fina... more