Nurses work long hours to take care of patients. Because your job plays such a critical role in the healthcare industry, your resume needs to quickly show employers you have the skills, education, and experience needed to succeed on the medical team. If you send in a muddled document, you may end up on the reject pile more than you should because hiring managers can't pick out your important qualifications.
The real-world nurses resume templates show you how to build a document that incorporates industry-specific phrases in an easy-to-read format. Use these samples and writing tips to learn how to make minor changes to your resume.
Free Healthcare Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional healthcare resumes.
How To Mention Your Nurses Experience
If you want to efficiently go over your experiences, you need to use the correct language throughout your work history section. Many of the nurses resume templates show how to use action verbs to create an engaging description of what you've done in past jobs. As you write your own professional document, remember to incorporate metrics, short sentences, and industry keywords whenever possible.
• Teach patients and their support systems how to manage injuries and illnesses
• Perform and analyze diagnostic tests as ordered by the physician
• Collaborate with doctors, nurse's assistants, and other medical staff to provide outstanding healthcare to patients
• Create patient care plans as directed by the doctor and the patient's chart
• Administer proper medications and treatments to each patient by checking charts and following hospital protocols
Nurses Resume Tips
In most cases, you have six seconds to wow employers. After that, they've already decided whether your resume belongs on the reject pile or not. The nurses resume templates and the following writing tips show you how to make the most of your professional document.
1. Personalize Your Nurses Resume: A successful nurse is compassionate, organized, and detail oriented. Instead of simply listing your skills, include short snippets of these abilities in context to make your resume more personalized.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: During the initial scan, employers may only read your summary statement. That's why this paragraph needs to emphasize what makes you a perfect fit for the job at hand.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Most hiring managers have a clear idea of what the ideal candidate has to offer. Read through the job description to figure out what each employer wants, and then try to use phrases and include skills that make your fit for the job clear.
Nurses Resume Templates
Who says you have to tackle resume writing on your own? Find inspiration from other professionals by checking out our real-world nurses resume templates. You can even get step-by-step help from the resume builder at My Perfect Resume. With these tools, you're ready to craft a job-winning document.
- Nurses Example 1
CMA – ( July 2013 – April 2015 present) Oakley Place, Topeka, Kansas (Shawnee) Kept up to date case histories of patients. Provided firs-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Took blood and urine samples for analysis.... more 2
- Nurses Example 2
Surgical Tech (2003 – 2006)Nebraska Methodist Hospital (Healthwest), Omaha, NE Healthwest is an outpatient surgery center. I worked for them 2003-2006, 2009-2013, 2015-current Tasks: Create and maintain sterile field Make sure ... more 3
- Nurses Example 3
ura ukwu Education and Training Undergraduate, Medical Diagnostics University of Delaware, Expected May 2019, Newark, Delaware (United States) Skills Computing: JMP, MS Excel, MS Word, Fluent 2 Years years CPR, AED, First Aid, American ... more 4
- Nurses Example 4
Hospice Admission Nurse – ( June 2009 – Present) Catholic Hospice Inc., Miami Lakes, FL Meet with patients and families to evaluate and assess patients for appropriateness for hospice services according to CMS guidelines E... more 5
- Nurses Example 5
Coal Country Community Health Centers, Beulah, ND (United States) Community Health Worker, 04/2015 – Present Serve as a resource to the elderly. Assist participants to get what they need in order to live safely in their home. Send... more 6
- Nurses Example 6
Student (1/23 – Current)Monterey, Independence, Missouri, United States Student with CTC class, “Health Sciences”, becoming a CNAEducation Fort Osage High School, 2017 (current student), IndependenceMissouri, ... more 7
- Nurses Example 7
RN Clinical Supervisor – ( 02/21/2012 – current) CCA Davis Correctional Facility, 405 379 4022, Holdenville,OK (USA) Ensure critical information is communicated to administration. Interpret policies and regulations to unit ... more 8
- Nurses Example 8
Shatima Hicks Shatima Hicks Education and TrainingThomasville High School – 2015 Thomasville, GA, United States Healthcare, High School Diploma I graduated May 23, 2015, from Thomasville High School. During my High School years I studi... more 9
- Nurses Example 9
Certified Pharmacy Technician – ( October 2002 – October 2006) CVS Pharmacy, Marion, Ohio Counseled patients to maintain and establish medical records Evaluated written prescriptions Educated patients with medication quest... more 10
- Nurses Example 10
Registered Nurse, October 2010 – November 2013 St. Mary Medical Center, Hobart, IN, USA 13 bed Med-Surg/Telemetry/CAPD (Continuous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis) Unit. Charge nurse for evening shifts. Float nurse for IMCU, Precep... more