Nurses work long hours to take care of patients. Because your job plays such a critical role in the healthcare industry, your resume needs to quickly show employers you have the skills, education, and experience needed to succeed on the medical team. If you send in a muddled document, you may end up on the reject pile more than you should because hiring managers can't pick out your important qualifications.
The real-world nurses resume templates show you how to build a document that incorporates industry-specific phrases in an easy-to-read format. Use these samples and writing tips to learn how to make minor changes to your resume.
Free Healthcare Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional healthcare resumes.
How To Mention Your Nurses Experience
If you want to efficiently go over your experiences, you need to use the correct language throughout your work history section. Many of the nurses resume templates show how to use action verbs to create an engaging description of what you've done in past jobs. As you write your own professional document, remember to incorporate metrics, short sentences, and industry keywords whenever possible.
• Teach patients and their support systems how to manage injuries and illnesses
• Perform and analyze diagnostic tests as ordered by the physician
• Collaborate with doctors, nurse's assistants, and other medical staff to provide outstanding healthcare to patients
• Create patient care plans as directed by the doctor and the patient's chart
• Administer proper medications and treatments to each patient by checking charts and following hospital protocols
Nurses Resume Tips
In most cases, you have six seconds to wow employers. After that, they've already decided whether your resume belongs on the reject pile or not. The nurses resume templates and the following writing tips show you how to make the most of your professional document.
1. Personalize Your Nurses Resume: A successful nurse is compassionate, organized, and detail oriented. Instead of simply listing your skills, include short snippets of these abilities in context to make your resume more personalized.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: During the initial scan, employers may only read your summary statement. That's why this paragraph needs to emphasize what makes you a perfect fit for the job at hand.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Most hiring managers have a clear idea of what the ideal candidate has to offer. Read through the job description to figure out what each employer wants, and then try to use phrases and include skills that make your fit for the job clear.
Nurses Resume Templates
Who says you have to tackle resume writing on your own? Find inspiration from other professionals by checking out our real-world nurses resume templates. You can even get step-by-step help from the resume builder at My Perfect Resume. With these tools, you're ready to craft a job-winning document.
- Nurses Example 11
Sr. Practice Development Manager (Promoted from Practice Development Manager), July 2015 – August 2016 Miramar Labs, Inc., Santa Clara, CA Number one ranked PDM, hitting 125% to quota for 2015 and driving $XX additional revenue to ... more 12
- Nurses Example 12
CNA – ( 11/2015 – Present) Autumn Care, Statesville, NC (US) I provide total care for the majority of my residents. I assist residents with their ADLs and help to provide comfort, companionship, and encouragement. I record ... more 13
- Nurses Example 13
CNA – ( 09/20/2014 – 01/03/2015) Catholic Community Services, Longview, WA Assisting resident’s with ADLS, Cooking, Cleaning, Feeding, Transfers, Showers, Personal Hygiene, Toileting, I/Os, Vitals, Changing, Dressing... more 14
- Nurses Example 14
Program Trainer – ( November 2012 – Still employeed) The ARC of the Quad Cities, Moline, Illinois I worked with individuals with intellectual disabilites. I assited with ADLs. I helped run programs and take individuals on ... more 15
- Nurses Example 15
ObjectiveI am experienced certified nursing assistant with 5 years of experience, seeking a certified nursing assistant position in a reputed health organization where I can apply my best clinical skills.xlsey wd Work historyClerk R... more 16
- Nurses Example 16
FIREFIGHTER/LVN2FIREFIGHTER/LVN2 – ( 10/2006 – PRESENT) IDYLLWILD FIRE DEPT, IDYLLWILD, CA (RIVERSIDE) ALL FIRE FIGHTING DUTIES. MEDICAL AIDES. WEEKLY TRAINING, BOARD MEMBER FOR ACTIVITES CHAIR COORDINATORLVN 2 – ... more 17
- Nurses Example 17
Staff/Charge Nurse – ( 07/01/2004 – 03/30/2011) Tift Regional Medical Center, Tifton , Georgia (USA) Worked as a Staff nurse out in an Emergency Room and eventually became a charge nurse in the department. Helped with staf... more 18
- Nurses Example 18
Hannah Klingensmith Education and TrainingLima Christian School – 2013 Lima, New York, USA High School studies, High School Diploma I attended LCS for 13 years and graduated this past June 2013 with a High School Diploma.Monroe Com... more 19
- Nurses Example 19
RN Healthcare Coordinator – ( 10/12 – present) Saratoga Bridges, Saratoga Springs, NY (USA) Coordinate healthcare for individuals with developmental disabilities in a home setting.RN – ( 11/07 – 03/12) Atten... more 20
- Nurses Example 20
Hospice RN – ( November 2011 – Current) Providence Hospice and Home Health of Snohomish County, Everett , WA Compassionate care of patients and their families at end of life. Phone triage including overall care management ... more