Nurses work long hours to take care of patients. Because your job plays such a critical role in the healthcare industry, your resume needs to quickly show employers you have the skills, education, and experience needed to succeed on the medical team. If you send in a muddled document, you may end up on the reject pile more than you should because hiring managers can't pick out your important qualifications.
The real-world nurses resume templates show you how to build a document that incorporates industry-specific phrases in an easy-to-read format. Use these samples and writing tips to learn how to make minor changes to your resume.
Free Healthcare Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional healthcare resumes.
How To Mention Your Nurses Experience
If you want to efficiently go over your experiences, you need to use the correct language throughout your work history section. Many of the nurses resume templates show how to use action verbs to create an engaging description of what you've done in past jobs. As you write your own professional document, remember to incorporate metrics, short sentences, and industry keywords whenever possible.
• Teach patients and their support systems how to manage injuries and illnesses
• Perform and analyze diagnostic tests as ordered by the physician
• Collaborate with doctors, nurse's assistants, and other medical staff to provide outstanding healthcare to patients
• Create patient care plans as directed by the doctor and the patient's chart
• Administer proper medications and treatments to each patient by checking charts and following hospital protocols
Nurses Resume Tips
In most cases, you have six seconds to wow employers. After that, they've already decided whether your resume belongs on the reject pile or not. The nurses resume templates and the following writing tips show you how to make the most of your professional document.
1. Personalize Your Nurses Resume: A successful nurse is compassionate, organized, and detail oriented. Instead of simply listing your skills, include short snippets of these abilities in context to make your resume more personalized.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: During the initial scan, employers may only read your summary statement. That's why this paragraph needs to emphasize what makes you a perfect fit for the job at hand.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Most hiring managers have a clear idea of what the ideal candidate has to offer. Read through the job description to figure out what each employer wants, and then try to use phrases and include skills that make your fit for the job clear.
Nurses Resume Templates
Who says you have to tackle resume writing on your own? Find inspiration from other professionals by checking out our real-world nurses resume templates. You can even get step-by-step help from the resume builder at My Perfect Resume. With these tools, you're ready to craft a job-winning document.
- Nurses Example 21
registered medical assistant – ( 10/8/08 – present) CRMC, Jefferson City, Missouri (USA) Kept up to date case histories of patients. Provided firs-aid prehospital treatment to injured people Took blood and urine samples for... more 22
- Nurses Example 22
Staff Nurse (1/2010 – 1/2012)Mansfield Memorial Homes, Mansfield, Ohio ¢Cared for needs including: post cardiac, post ortho, COPD/anxiety, substance abuse, and hospice ¢Assessed need for labs and medications and communica... more 23
- Nurses Example 23
Faith Lutheran Care center, Osage, Iowa (United States ) C.N.A, January – Current I help people with their daily needs and things they are unable to do. I make sure they are wearing clean clothes, their face is trimmed the way th... more 24
- Nurses Example 24
Registered Nurse – ( 5/31/2000 – present) Rutherford County Health Department, Spindale, NC (USA) Provide in home services to at risk clients. Currently work with Nurse Family Partnership to help create a better future for... more 25
- Nurses Example 25
Telsea Ayers Education and TrainingEaton Rapids High School – 2014 Eaton Rapids, Michigan, United States Michigan Standard, High School Diploma Eaton Rapids High School, Eaton Rapids Michigan Grad year: 2014References Other: Danie... more 26
- Nurses Example 26
Alexis Albrecht Objective My objective as a Registered Nurse in a Health Care facility is that I can make the most of my nursing education and training, also to use my interpersonal skills to provide the highest level of patient care. Education ... more 27
- Nurses Example 27
P.A.R.T.N.E.R.S. – ( January 2013 – June 2013) Kimberly High School, Kimberly, WI (USA) My senior year of High School I took a course called PARTNERS. Partners gave the opportunity for kids with disabilities work and intera... more 28
- Nurses Example 28
Mispa Attah Skills English , French, Spoken and Written, 27 years microsoft suit,, excellent, 5 years Certifications Home Health Aide Certified Nurses Assistant Registered Nurse CPR ( adult/ pediatrics) First Aide Licenses Home Health Aide ... more 29
- Nurses Example 29
Nurse Supervisor, 06-01-2011 – Current Dignity Health, San Bernardino , Ca, USA Provides expertise skills while preformong patient care. Supervises 300 plus employees. Provides expertise teaching to Trauma team. Serve on a Medical ... more 30
- Nurses Example 30
LVN – ( 2009 – 2015) Brotmen, Culver City, California (America) Kept up to date case histories of patients. Provided manual adjustments to different articulations of the body to correct musculoskeletal disorders. Detected f... more